12oz SITE FEEDBACK - RANTS and RAVES

misteraven

What about adding interviews and articles, like the magazine used to have? You could start with the ones from the old issues (my Twist interview seems to be missing a page or something, and I would love to know what was left out) and then start adding new ones.

It would also be cool to have an archive of the magazine, with high res scans of each issue. A lot of people in here are too young to have been around for it or to recognize the impact that it had, and old issues are hard to come by.

Yes...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know some sites ban IP address's. That is how they make sure some people do not come back. I think there will always be a around a ban, but it definitly makes it harder if their IP address at home is banned.

I'm pretty sure that your IP changes every once and a while

i rarely go into brickslayers. the main reason for myself is that i hate going through

tons of posts where toys just say random shit like revok hot shit.. oh what a biter.

i say take out any comments in brickslayers and make it just pictures. is that even possible?

i might actually go in there more often if i didnt need to read peoples comments.

BINGO!

I didnt even know about the 10 posts for n00bs, i been out a bit

how do i invite people?

The edit button would be rad, but i understand why its not there

emails at 12oz would be neat too

maybe a seperate area, where kids could be restricted to only post in there. like a channel zero for the people who are 99% retarded. other members would not even be able to see this area, or these users. it would be like the small room under the stairs in the basement where the unwanted child lives.

I had to laugh at this.

Sounds like a great idea.

I don't mind the easiness of Ch0 where threads can take all sorts of turns. I was used to forums where you had to stay on topic or else risk getting warned/banned/posts deleted.

The interview idea sounds cool, but I remember the EBPH interview thread got closed pretty quick, so I dunno how they would go if they were available to be commented upon.

Whoever suggested the spell check thing, I make typos all the time and Firefox lets me know, I am just too lazy to go and fix them.

What about adding interviews and articles, like the magazine used to have?

that's funny. i was just reading through the posts, and was all about to put this up here. i found this site looking for the magazine. i think the interviews would be a huge bonus, and draw more attention. an archive of the issues would be nice. the twist cover in it's self would do the trick, as well as the old posters you guys used to have. i believe i remember one by joker, and if i'm correct, giant. i mean this is all stuff kids could drool over, and see what the magazine really was doing back then. i speak for myself, but that magazine was a crucial influence on my love for the artform --especially growing up in new england with internet coverage being minimal at that time.

i don't know if this shit will be laughed at, but have you ever thought of doing any PR work? maybe setting up events under the 12oz name? something like black book sessions, music events with live painting, a book of the month club (kidding), but you get what i'm saying. this could draw a little more attention, and kind of create something outside the keyboard.

how about doing contests on here? maybe something like a t-shirt graphic contest, like threadless. the only thing is 12oz'ers get to vote on the graphic. the winning graphic gets printed, and a certain amount are made and sold on the site. you could do the same with posters even, but i don't know what your budget is like.

so i would definitely say more interviews. the blogs are a great add on, but maybe have some people just writing articles as well. i mean this all means developing a team to work on various projects, and i don't know what you've got for manpower, finances, or bandwidth.

one idea i have is that people could be given moderation powers over threads they start, especially in the picture section. that would help keep the quality of posted flicks high and discourage off topic chatter and other nonsense. a lot of the bigger threads have really degenerated over time.

another issue i have is with the ulra-huge "spay paint" and "markers" threads. these threads are too big to use easily. if you ask a question, it gets buried within hours and the person who knows the answer won't see it.

i cant think of anything that is even worth while or that i would be interested in other than the interviews.

these fit under the fine tuning of the website, but these are things i agree with.

- 100 posts before being able to make a thread. or even make it so that they get to 100 and then their last 5 posts get evaluated by whoever and this whoever can decide if they can post threads or not. i figure it wouldnt be that bad of an idea now that we dont have randoms signing up every day.

- highlighted threads instead of subscribed threads. i think putting a check box next to each thread and allowing a user to check the box to highlight the thread (changes colors of text, size or bold) and being able to uncheck the box once you get tired of it. this will make a lot of lazies happy.

- hold more "should we ban this guy" polls. those are ALWAYS fun.

- return of the props button for the reasons harvey stated.

- highlighted threads instead of subscribed threads. i think putting a check box next to each thread and allowing a user to check the box to highlight the thread (changes colors of text, size or bold) and being able to uncheck the box once you get tired of it. this will make a lot of lazies happy.

- hold more "should we ban this guy" polls. those are ALWAYS fun.

- return of the props button for the reasons harvey stated.

im all about some hightlihted topics.

im also all about public trials. it takes a particular kind of person for that though. cant be just anyone.

props button would be cool if it actually meant something, and allowed you to reach different statuses.

Archived