12oz SITE FEEDBACK - RANTS and RAVES

misteraven

alright, keeping with the 12oz themed threads, i figured i'd make this a little useful in addtion to being entertaining (hopefully). anyhow, i'd like to believe most of you are aware of the new 12oz sections, most notably the blogs on the main index page - http://www.12ozprophet.com

now, i'm sort of thinking about what the next phase of it should be. i have a few ideas for where i'd like to take things, but before i taint your own opinions, i'd like to hear what the general populace has to say... seems like the vast majority liked the invite only forum, and so far the '10 posts before noobs can start a thread' has been well recieved. also, when we switced to the newest grey forum design people seem to be digging the new look / design.

so what's your opinions on the site in general (forum, blog, gallery, etc)? what would you like to see in the future? what have you already seen on other sites that would be great to see on 12oz?

nows your chance to speak up and help improve things so we can all waste even more time on here together (/no homo). i'm hoping people really take the time to give well thought out answers and good suggestions. i'm not making promises, but if anyone suggests something that we haven't already thought of, and i like it enough to develop it, i'd be happy to kick coupon code and product from http://www.fourthehardway.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not feeling how the reply box is a lighter gray

i admit i can get used to it but it looks "off" when compared to the rest of the color scheme

its actually a darker grey then it was before. i cant make it much darker without having to redo the buttons which i'm trying to avoid.

the edit button, was always disabled after a certain time period. i believe it's like an hour or something. this is so you have ample time to fix typos and add shit you left off, but not so much time that we have to deal with kids starting shit, then deleting it and denying it.

i'm looking more for the 'bigger picture' type stuff.

ssl logins

to make money you should implement a way to setup mods for a day for a $price, take away the 30 second time limit to post comments OUT!!!! ummmm more on the moderator thing you should set it up as having the ability to change thread titles, delete post make certain threads sticky for a day, things like that.

another thing we should have avatars.....

Hmm I like it as it is, but there can always be improvements.

I like the new colour of the reply box.

Avatars can be a positive or negative thing.

A gripe I have is when you make the first post of a new page, ie #41, it goes to a blank white screen for some reason, then you have to cycle back thru the browser. Any way to fix this?

also like how Winamp has different skins to use, it would be cool

if the forum had like 2/3 color schemes you can choice to use on your own

Haha I was actually gonna say something like that. Only because my boss just asked me why I always have that "website with the black screen" up on my computer. If it changed colors randomly she would just think I was doing my job.

It should be more like 100+ posts before noobs can make threads.

But Mauler and Mello have good points/ideas too.

I'm with Glik though, mostly raves!

The blogs are kinda cool but most of the bloggers never post, which i knew would happen and I guess cant be helped. Since that change tho the whole site has been slower.

I think for the images sections like brickslayers people should maybe be limited to how many consecutive posts they can make in a single thread with out pictures. Like 2 posts but then they must post some flicks and actually contribute without just running their yaps.

Avatars might be cool if they are limited to 40x40 pixels or something.

Mods should edit all the posts that reveal personal info. detailed example:

Original-

That tag you did last night on the police station next door to your crib was garbage son.

Edited (without evidence of editing)

That tag you did shows how dope you are, wanna poke around in my back pussy.

I love the writers forum.

The only things I would like to see are the following three things:

1. I want to see multiquotes working again. (it makes it much easier and faster to reply to more than one person at the same time.

2. Return of the props button. (it allows people to acknowledge others humor and wit, without taking up a post within a thread)

3. Return of the italicized/underlining of a persons name at the bottom of the page when they are responding to a thread. (it allows others to see who is currently replying to the thread)

other than these 3 things....this forum is the best!!