Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Good to see everyone is being productive.

Diggin Decyferon's sketches, bojangles stuff looking real fresh,

I like the pillow but would love to see/own a t shirt.

Anyway here are some things i've been gettin into,

most of them im still working on as usual, feedback always appreciated.

P1120613.jpg

P1120611.jpg

P1120622.jpg

P1120621.jpg

P1120616.jpg

P1120615.jpg

• Like 1

Julie Mehretu.

Ink + Acrylic on canvas.

I'm guessing these pieces would be pretty large.

Stadia II

stadia_ii_med.jpg

Grey Space

grey-space_med.jpg

I love the fact you can't make all the details if you want to see the whole canvas (and vice versa).

pics from:

http://processandpractice.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/julie-mehretu/

Not really abstract there Cro. More like pop art. I'd dig through this thread a bit to get more insight.

Yeah, sorry.

I should have put it in the other art thread.

Wasn't completely in my own head at the time.

@the mehretu works

I'm not a fan of gray space to be honest. Even in my anbstracts I typically need a little more order than that has, yadig?

I like the white stripes at the top.

Stadia II is a really dope piece. I enjoy the scheme and the feel of it.

So ive been coming back to this thread everytime theres something new. Ive enjoyed everything and it always delivers. I have painted in forever and have been trying to tackle getting back into it. I guess Im sort of a perfectionist but in no way is my skill perfect so I usually find myself frustrated after a while end up starting over. This idea is like circa 2005 and it starting in Macromedia with vectors. Ive always fancied art nouveau and to some extent abstract work. I was going to paint this in the same fashion as it looks vectored still hesitant on my approach. I have taken many approaches to this and havent been pleased. I swear theres an inch of paint under the top layer ahaha.

I got to thinking and thought I would try a dot matrix approach. So instead of adding another layer of paint I figured Id just try a quicky on the wall next to my panel.

original idea

2dhh891.jpg

quick sketch on my panel, probably should of used a grid to make the proportions right

sgqz3r.jpg

and my lil test run....the arm part is way to high but like I said it was the trial.

3328mcy.jpg

I am happy so far and I do think it would look a lot better if it was more solid colors. What yall think? Look like I might be on the right track? Its been hard not to make the dots look so deliberately form fitting.

Nah its cool. Thats what critiquing is about. Its been something IV dabbled with for the past couple of years and went from CG to stencil to hand painted to what ever. I hate to ditch it...its just left me blah....I got a poor excitement out of the circles and now Im just like meh. Ive been lacking direction for a long time now and Im striving to find it. Its a mix of getting older and noticing where my productivity could be, where I could of advanced over the years and havent, etc. I blame the booze.

• Like 1