Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ahhahahah Id prop you fist but Im full up HAHHAHA that was awesome, and yes I totally see it ahhaha.

Is it Wednesday already? crapola time flies. I thought about it and almost ran with it although Ive been busy wit mah pots and burn' them. I say we keep the window open till the end of the month.

Bo had to go and play good student and turn it in on time. haha

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the crit. It is finished though. I was running this deal where if people buy me a canvas than ill paint it for free. So this is one of them and I didn't really have time to develop it.

Also, when I do paintings of this style I often do the whole thing in one sitting. I could put more layers on it but than the new layers wouldn't blend smoothly into whats already the original layer is already dry. How can I add more layers and make it not seem to separated?

For me, I start with a core shape and just sort of envision an animated sort of imaginary path on the canvas. (Alcohol helps that part along nicely.)

I just keep building off of it.

Do one set of lines/layers then walk away for awhile or even a day or so and come back and keep building. I used to try and knock it all out in one sitting and I found my work got stale real fast.

Do a little, walk away. come back later in a different state of mind and do more.

Create some trademark shapes to use in your arsenal.

Definitely good advice from bo, abstracts to me are all about finding what i like as i paint which usually takes some time and multiple layers. Alcohol will loosen you up when making decisions in direction, i like to start out my paintings with some whiskey and maybe finish them with some weed