Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Honest opinion...?

Looks like you were trying out using some thin tips to make some "graffiti patterns".

The loose ends on the pink lines and the drips off of the white burst/circle should be hidden/covered.

Maybe try adding some acrylics layered in sections.

*Good color combo.

*Has potential. Can be built off of.

alright, now its the morning after...time for a semi sober interpretation....

So the lines have me looking to the bottom left to find out what theyre coming from. I do like the triangle form bursting upward in the middle of the painting. It has a good randomness of lines and doesnt feel too much like a pattern. Then you move down to the bottom and it looks like you started to do the same but stopped short. The white with the drips aggravates me and the two pink and black shoots dont grab me at all. I do like the very limited amount of paint splatter. You got me on the colors, I am a lover of greens and purples.

I think if you took out the two pink and black burst things and some how rid yourself of the white thing with the drips it would have a better direction. It does have good potential as Bo stated. Best thing about spray paint is that it dries fast so it is easy to do over quickly yet that comes as a double edged sword because you can let frustrations make you do over something already with potential.

Yes i think you guys need another assignment sorry i wont be able to join in currently painting almost daily till the wee hours of the day on a group of paintings for a 2 man show coming up beginning of Jan in Oakland. Cant leak the work yet but i definitely have made some personal breakthroughs in the work.

Here is a sketch until then

5248911618_eed28cc7aa_z.jpg

T;7873062']Yes i think you guys need another assignment sorry i wont be able to join in currently painting almost daily till the wee hours of the day on a group of paintings for a 2 man show coming up beginning of Jan in Oakland. Cant leak the work yet but i definitely have made some personal breakthroughs in the work.

Here is a sketch until then

5248911618_eed28cc7aa_z.jpg

like it so far.