post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/fried-chicken-top-100/video/index.html

I've had great success with this shit. the seasoning mixture is fuckin' unbelievable. I've done it with boneless tenderloins for chicken and waffles before too, and man it's banging. I'd definitely suggest investing in a cast iron skillet and a candy thermometer. You can get both pretty cheap. Here's the recipe without the video.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/fried-chicken-recipe/index.html

all the fliks are all from my restaurant or things I have done at home. The dishes above are what I have served on my line station recently.

+ a note on fried chicken

No need to double bread, you end up with an extra layer of fried crisp that will sog the chicken skin and get away from that crisp that incorporates the outer layer of the chx, the skin, and the batter. Try adding your spices to the buttermilk marinade, or brine the chx first ( use 20 to 1 water to salt) as a base ratio adding whatever spices and aromatics. a dash of baking powder will help the skin pop. no need to bake in between, the best fried chicken is well brined or marinaded then battered and fried with well seasoned binder and flour then served after resting to drain and crisp.

Prawns are covered in honey and cooked in butter, I love that burnt flavour. Technically overcooked, but that's just how I like 'em.

As for above, there's ALWAYS room for bacon.

Manna crab omelette/ spring onion/ oyster sauce

MannaCrabOmelette.jpg

My first crack at crab, was a bit dry and I think it could have done with a snap of citrus. Any suggestions?