the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think that probably depends on your current carb intake, water retention and weight. probably if you are a hoss, you could probably easily.

oatmeal isnt allowed on the diet, but it will give you the fiber and what not needed to keep your bowels straight. if you have that problem like i had on the diet.

concrete... diet coke is fine... no carbs. just fake sugar stuff that might be bad for you for other reasons...

rotator cuff... only shoulder work that does anything for me is heavy barbell and dumbell presses and laterals. stay off the smith machine for presses... unnatural movement = problems.

ok, i didnt know oatmeal was allowed on it though. what about diet coke?

is it possible to drop about 20lbs within 2.5 weeks or so on this diet?

Nothing wrong with KETO ( for most people ). If you get backed up take some pysllium husk or flax seed

Don't drink diet coke. It's terrible. While on a cut only drink water, and a little coffee/ green tee

You lot seriously think losing 20lbs in 2 and a half weeks is realistic!?

I've cut 20lbs in 4 days before. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but it's totally possible. A guy I train with did a 17lb cut in 24 hours. If you compete in a weight class sport it's unavoidable at times.

Im looking to get back in shape.

I cant remember the last time i broke a sweat. Im not fat or skinny im just normal but am really unfit. Ive started joggin each morning but only get a block or two before i need a rest and walk home, but its slowly becoming better.

Could someone suggest some simple workouts or something i should be doing to help get back in form?

Depends what your goals are...

if your just looking to do cardio you should mix it up as much as possible. jog, sprint, swim, jump rope etc...

ALso, look up HIIT if your looking to lose some fat. i think theres a wiki page outlining the principals.

i tend todo a slow cycle for 50 seconds. then fast as i can for 10 seconds.

repeat 10 times.

then do some low intensity for another 10 mins.

Press ups are ok but they will quickly become more of an endurance exercise. find a pull up bar. do some pull ups. dips are good too. and squats.

...or join a gym.

my training partner bought a massive arnold book with all of his workouts and posing its pretty dope. anyway we tried his chest workout;

bench press;

20xreps

10xreps

5xreps

3xreps

5x1-2reps

20xreps

choose appropriate weights to make out on each, then repeat for incline bench press and fly's. hurts pretty good

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I have been weight lifting for a while now, about everyday for 6 months. I wanted to know if there is such a thing as a carrying capacity? Prolly a bad way of saying it, what I mean is, is there a point where I will definitely need to buy bigger weight sets to see results?

This is prolly a simpleton question but I have been told it is not necessary from some and the opposite.

depends how you train i guess. if you are a strength athlete you will constantly be increasing your weight. if you are training for hypertrophy, i guess you could just keep the same weight and increase reps. either way you train, you will be getting stronger one way or the other.

if you're training for hypertrophy you still have to force your muscles to adapt, once they adapt to a certain weight increasing reps will only show half decent results for so long. you definately WILL need to buy more weight as you get stronger, no doubt about it.