Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
podrido

the un official workout thread

i guess fannypacks would come in handy to carry syringes and steroids/opiods in. i think they look retarded as fuck... but then again, he also wears under armour shit and shaves his entire body and goes tanning. but whatever you know... to each his own.

yeah, they'd be handy...14716712_9d487ace77.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Get a sport mate. Dudes who work out in a gym are bonafide homos.

you know youd never say that to my face, like in all seriousness.

like youd end up with your pockets cut and wallet missing with me buying mad muscle milks with your credit card.

my daily diet shifts depending on if im bulking or cutting weight.

if im cutting its usually 1300-1700 calories a day and is about 75% protein 20% carbs and 5% fats. 4 small meals and 2 snacks. 80-100 oz of water. 0 supplements except multivitamins.

if im bulking its about 2600-3200 calories 4 meals 1 snack 60% protein 30% carbs 10% fats.

same amount of water, no supplements, protein shakes, PM protein, amino acid multi supplement.

i also dont have like "weight lifting" friends, most of the people i associate with the gym are people i know previously or people ive trained MMA with.

None of them have any drug abuse problems because 80% of the get tested monthly or every three months depending on contract/association rules.

what would be good supplements for me to use to start bulking up along with my lifting?

GNC Weight Gainer 2200

you know youd never say that to my face, like in all seriousness.

like youd end up with your pockets cut and wallet missing with me buying mad muscle milks with your credit card.

Dudes who are in the gym to BE in the gym are gay. Thats all im sayin.

Edit: That, and youre a weirdo who is actually spending a great deal of time in a smelly place with distorted looking dudes getting boners off of watching themselves do curls, ringworm, strange drug fads like anti-estrogens which last i checked were for breast cancer patients. If youre not in the sun, you wont get no tan, if you want one so baddly stop working out inside.

And Id push you into a car just for thinking you were slick enough to pocket check me.

back to the question at hand... i was asking glick0 what his suggestion would be. i'm not talking shit, or being sarcastic. i was being sincere, and honestly wondering what he would suggest... seeing that he is obvioulsy hip to weight training and knows what he's talking about. i'm not skinny anymore, im about 185 and 6'2", but i have a decent frame, and the genes to bulk up... i just need to know where to begin. i know the basics on bench pressing, curls, shit like that and i've been taught the propper form, stretching, and diet fundamentals... but i was just asking if glick0 had suggestions on some sort of regiment?

kicking dope helped me pack on a few pounds... i used to be 165, but due to my ankle/heel being extremely fucked, i'm not in the shape i would like to be in. i just want to cut my body fat down and bulk up.

dude, in all honesty, you would not be able to push dude anywhere. he's built like a tank. his center of gravity is actually -3 feet. he walks around in a hole all day long. ever try to remove a tree stump?

yeah, that's my du.

HS: start eating tuna. alot. no fats, no cokes, take vitamins, aminos (l-glutamine and l-arginine in combo work well), protein shakes, white meats.

what besides tuna? i can't stand fuckin tuna unless it's sushi.

1-2 Gallons of Water a day

Protein

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast

Tuna (water packed)

Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut, sushi, mahi mahi, Orange roughi, tilapia, Sardines)

Shrimp

Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)

Venison

Buffalo

Ostrich

Protein Powder (Whey, Casein, Soy, Egg)

Eggs

Low or Non-Fat Cottage cheese, Ricotta

Low fat or Non fat Yogurt

Ribeye Steaks or Roast

Top Round Steaks or Roast (stew meat, London broil, Stir fry)

Top Sirloin (Sirloin Top Butt)

Beef Tenderloin (filet mignon)

Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)

Flank Steak (Stir Fry, Fajitas)

Eye of Round (Cube meat, Stew meat, Bottom Round)

Ground Turkey, Turkey Breast slices or cutlets (*no deli or sandwich meats)

Complex Carbs (nothing enriched, bleached or processed if possible)

Oatmeal (Old fashioned, Quick oats, Irish steal cut)

Sweet Potatoes, Yams

Beans (Black eyed, Pinto, Red, Kidney, Black)

Oat Bran Cereal, Grape nuts, Rye cereal, Multi grain hot cereal

Farin (Cream of wheat)

Whole Wheat frozen Bagels, Pitas

Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta, Whey Pasta

Rice (Brown, white, jasmin, basmiti, arborio, wild)

Potatoes (red, white, baking)

Fibrous Carbs

Green Leafy lettuce (red, green, romaine)

Broccoli

Asparagus

String Beans

Spinach

Bell Pepers (Green or Red)

Brussels Sprouts

Cauliflower

Cabbage

Celery

Cucumber

Carrots

Eggplant

Onions

Pumpkin

Garlic

Tomatoes

Zucchini

Fruit (If acceptable on diet)

bananas, oranges, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemons or limes

Healthy Fats

Natural Style Peanut Butter

Olive oil, Safflower oil

Flaxseed oil

Fish Oil

Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

Dairy

Eggs

Low of Non-Fat cottage cheese, Ricotta

Low or non-fat milk

Low fat or non-fat yogurt

Condiments & Spices

Diet Soda

Crystal light

Fat free mayonaise

Reduced sodium Soy Sauce

Reduced sodium Teriyaki Sauce

balsamic Vinegar

Salsa, Jalepenos

Hot peppers and Hot sauce, Cayanne pepper

Chili powder and Chili paste

Mrs. Dash

Steak Sauce

Sugar free Maple Syrup

Mustard

Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc)

Low sodium beef or chicken Broth

Plain or reduced sodium tomatoe sauce or paste

For calories in each food go to http://www.fitday.com

Calorie Counting Formulas:

Mesomorphs: bodyweight x 15

Ectomorphs: bodyweight x 16-17

Endomorphs: bodyweight x 13-14

To start a cut: subtract 500 from total calories, to maintain cut: subtract 200-300 from total calories depending on weight lost each week. If this the first time you are cutting, I would recommend reading the short article posted by St.P. (see attachment below)

To start a bulk: add 500 to total calories, to maintain bulk: add 200-300 to total calories depending on weight gained each week

squats are where it's at!

so many people neglect doing them.

i've slacked on the gym lately. i need to make a return soon.

btw:

0671633813.jpg

this is a great book to own!

I bought my Dad a copy of that book just a week and a half ago for his birthday. But the one I bought was the updatd version with a Grey cover.

He had the book in the past but lent it away and it never returned.

It was a good present I think.

Playing Racket Ball has been ridiculously fun recently. Over the summer I went through a jump roping phase.

P.S Tuna tastes really good in a Roman style salad. With lots of olive oil, salt and pepper. Or seared. Whatever.

btw: i have seen this guys wife naked and kicked him out of a place of business

for something (yes, i kicked him out. i was nice about it, so was he)

bigbill3.jpg

Under what circumstances did you see htis guys wife naked Casek?

Guest R@ndomH3ro
i also dont have like "weight lifting" friends, most of the people i associate with the gym are people i know previously or people ive trained MMA with.

None of them have any drug abuse problems because 80% of the get tested monthly or every three months depending on contract/association rules.

I was about to say, I remembered you do MMA.

How do you fit that in with such a busy workout schedule...You must stay in the gym.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
i need to start training so i can fight grey.

No need to train....just go for the eyes. Works everytime

not to back peddle, but there is a muscle milk secret.

dont get it at GNC. they are like 10 bucks for a 4 pack there. if there is a safeway near you, go there. they are 6.99 for 4, but they have them on sale for buy one get one free. i buy them all when they are on sale, then go to the front the next day and get a rain check. im set for like 6 months in a couple trips and you save $$. i dont fool with the powder, it doesnt taste as good as the premixed chocolate.

And as a newbie.. are there any good sites that show examples of many of these types of lifts you guys are doing?

This goes to all newbies, but you made the question, so you'll be the example.

Stick to compound lifts like bench, squats, deadlift, rows, and overhead presses. Really, anything that uses more than 1 muscle in a motion. Compound exercises will build the foundation you need in order to use isolation work effectively. You need something there in order to refine it, right? It kills me to see young kids in gyms hogging up the leg extension machine, or the hamstring curl machine, when their time would be better spent in the squat rack.

Form and control are crucial in lifting, too. Don't go slinging weights around, cause it won't help you. Truly, it'll hurt you first.

A good tip for squatting is to go alllll the way down. Don't stop at parallel. Go beyond parallel, to the point where you're sitting on your calves. You'll have to drastically reduce the amount of weight you can use to squat parallel, but I've found it's done a lot more for me in terms of explosive power and overall leg development.

Slow on the concentric movement (lowering the bar on bench, lowering the bar on squat), and fast on the eccentric movement (lifting the weight up.)

Glik, you ever look into Olympic Lifting? It's done wonders for me for speed, flexibility, and especially back muscle growth, which are all pretty big components of MMA.

Under what circumstances did you see htis guys wife naked Casek?

being on a rooftop. that's about all i want to say. but yeah, i do know for sure it was his wife. (ex-wife now)