question

Getzup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

your reading abilities will only have increased properly if there were no grammatical errors.

point in case. when you read SuM1 RitN LiEk DIz n DaT, it is difficult to read. more exposure results in better reading to this typing . its all relative

Luckily for us not too many people choose to write in that upper and lowercase style, unless it is to convey sarcasm.

Luckily in the states you don't have a government that is trying to bring in Outcomes based Education (the education minister for my state is a migrant) who believes that using pictures in an ENGLISH exam is a way to examine the skills of the highschoolers.

I know this is a conspiracy to allow these migrants to infiltrate our society to the point until I become a foreigner in my own country.

/end rant.

Luckily in the states you don't have a government that is trying to bring in Outcomes based Education (the education minister for my state is a migrant) who believes that using pictures in an ENGLISH exam is a way to examine the skills of the highschoolers.

I know this is a conspiracy to allow these migrants to infiltrate our society to the point until I become a foreigner in my own country.

For one, whether or not the education minister is a migrant or not, has nothing to do with policymaking for the state government's various education policies. There is an entire staff employed to write various policies. These types of changes to curriculum and testing come from recommendations made by both education professors and practising teachers.

In a nutshell, outcomes-based education is focused on the achievement of a series of core outcomes that all students should achieve once they finish school. It involves a widening of scope of what is taught in the classroom to include how to equip students for real-life situations. The basic idea is that students will learn how to be self-directed.

The change to have pictures in an english exam is to test critical literacies, such as the ability to recognise particular conventions of advertisments for example. The use of visual stimulus material is not a recent development in english education. This type of stuff has been taught in schools for a long time.

I guess we will have to wait and see whether or not there is a conspiracy or you are just a misinformed bigot...

No I am not some misinformed bigot.

I just see a greater conspiracy going on, that the everyday man is pretty much oblivious to.

Obviously with the skills shortage we are experiencing, we are importing a lot of labour to do the jobs that are available, and these migrants are therefore bringing their children with them. As the children's standard of education in english (if it is their 2nd/adopted language) could not be at the standard that the people born here have, the OBE would obviously help them out tremendously.

I had to go through my english exam the old way, which was by writing words on a page. This picture scenario is bullshit. I equate drawing pictures to answer a question posed in ENGLISH (which happens to be the topic being examined!!!!) to be suitable for a 5 year old, but not at high school levels.

BTW I killed my english exam at school (top 2% of all students who sat it that year) but if I had to draw pictures, it would have been funny as one essay was on the 'stolen generation'. What was I meant to do to answer that? Draw some white men in suits taking kids from the aborigines??

And to your assumption that I may be misinformed, I am just voicing my opinion which if you can see the greater picture by reading between the lines, you'll obviously see I am informed, as I possess a university education and have been there and done that.

/end justification of rant.

Well I've read some of your comments.I think you all agree tht there is alot of typoe's and what nots.

My question was really about how much time we spend reading a day...But If we spend 10+ hours a day reading mispelled comments in threads wouldn't that perpetuate or promote more mispellings? Since it goes un-

corrected.