Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in hopes to adding something positive to this thread i want to reply and try not to pontificate too much but being a seasoned watch fan and collector, i kind of go off sometimes...

so far i have read that most that have contributed have poor taste and dont know much about watches in general.. being that the first fucking watch posted was a junk box Dior, which is a fashion watch and not a piece made by a watch maker. alot of people posting Rolex which EVERYONE knows about and though a fantastic investment and standard in quality, its a bit common and played. no matter what circles you roll in, with wearing a Rolex you also purchase the life time question "is that a real rolex" so for that i have always passed. everything else in here aside from one IWC i saw, some Hamilton and a Omega above is COMPLETE GARBAGE (not trying to be a dick but being totally honest)..

i will try to open others up to a few brands i OWN and take great pride in wearing...

Sinn 756 DIAPAL UTC

5006192185_87dd160d30_z.jpg

this was my first big purchase after getting my first few Tag Heuers. the movements on this particular piece run with a diamond palette system used instead of jewels between the gears. The system is so "slippery" that the movement needs no oil to lubricate these movement cutting down on service GREATLY... (hence the name Diapal). this thing is a beast too. sturdy and tegimented steel which is 7x harder then normal stainless steel... Sinn is also responsible for making all the early Bell&Ross watches and relaunching IWC in the early 90s... Sinn only has one USA AD so they are kinda hard to come by unless you purchase in the grey market...

Ball Engineer Master II TMT (only 2006 were made) and is the FIRST swiss movement to incorporate a temp gage.

5006192279_00d5434f50.jpg

Ball is known as the "american standard"company. Webb Ball established precision standards for all US railroads in the early 1900s. this sparked my interest in this company. Ball makes everything from rose cold classic pieces to rugged dive watches. one of my top 3 favorite companies as a whole.. just fantastic

Kobold Phantom Ivory face (only 25 were made and i have never seen another one in person aside from the Kobold museum in Pits. PA)

5006203319_33e002be2b.jpg

pretty much my favorite watch i own. so rugged and made mostly in the USA and some Kobold models made COMPLETELY in the USA aside from the movement... Mike Kobold made this company from jumpstreet and guarantees the MOST watches Kobold will produce in any one year is 2500 (this means for ALL models TOTAL). meaning you not only buy an unreal quality watch but you own something not commonly seen on others wrists... get your USA on!!!

i also own a Omega Seamaster 007 blue dial a Tag Heuer Carerra LE, a few vintage Heuer pvd pieces and a few other things but most know of those brands. so if you care or are interested i can expand on these brands or PM me for any info. im a HUGE fan of owning quality watches and always try to put people on to purchasing or investing in a nice watch, even if one. you cant a good time without a good watch...

also, do you people own any of the watches your posting or more just posting pieces you want or admire? i noticed one or two saying they own, like that Omega up there but just curious...

i did not pay retail on them but the retail on the Sinn if its not sold out (common for this piece with the options i have) is 3680.00

retail on the Ball is right around 5000.00 but that was in 2007 when it came out. you can only find it on the grey market now and not through a AD. long sold out.

lastly you can purchase the Kobold Phantom in a few colors and band styles on Kobold.com for between 4600.00-5300.00 and customization could either bump up or lower the price BUT the Ivory face you will not find for sale and if you do i really dont know how or what it would cost. i would not sell mine being that there were only 25 produced for less then 8-10k and thats ONLY if i were really hard up for money. all my watches will go to my child when the time comes...

i didnt, i said they were a wise investment and a standard of quality,

with that said that watch is made for diving. for function and quality of features you can get a FAR better dive watch that is both easier to read in the dark and easier to use with your gloves on.

also one of the main turn offs to Rolex(for me) is the raised magnifier surface for the date. fuck i hate that so much. im much more into the Rolexes with flat glass and would for sure look to purchase one that way if i were in the market for a Rolex.

i have a Bulova kinetic alarm from like 2000. its a cool watch but a beater and total junk. but it was a gift and at the time the thought of wearing a 500.00 watch was fantastic. now i wouldnt even wear one to go paint... but if you want a watch built start to finish in NYC with all NY history then this is your shit... its a nice intro watch but not for me...

and click, i wish i could say this is my only hobby i spend too much money on. haha

• 2 weeks later...

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 22, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 4 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 22, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS