Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
for his birthday...

word.

got a belt to match it.

style.

if i wanna know the fuckin time ill look at my phone, fuck face.

if i ever drop 3800 on a watch its a fuckin Rolex

"style" yea thats style! haha

next your going to tell me Gucci and Channel make good watches because they cost a few grand. ANY watch from a style house is just that a watch made from a clothing designer not a watch company. for that i will ALWAYS pass.

Rolex are made in mass quantities and on the wrist of every guy who wants to drop a few stacks to "look baller" or to have a classic watch etc. Kobolds are made in VERY limited numbers and you can wear one knowing there are not many around and its going to last you a lifetime. Kobold are for the most part tool watches and would embarrass Rolex in the field "fuck face".

"style" yea thats style! haha

next your going to tell me Gucci and Channel make good watches because they cost a few grand. ANY watch from a style house is just that a watch made from a clothing designer not a watch company. for that i will ALWAYS pass.

Rolex are made in mass quantities and on the wrist of every guy who wants to drop a few stacks to "look baller" or to have a classic watch etc. Kobolds are made in VERY limited numbers and you can wear one knowing there are not many around and its going to last you a lifetime. Kobold are for the most part tool watches and would embarrass Rolex in the field "fuck face".

when i said "style", i meant thats what i wear watches for man. i look at my phone for the clock most of the time. i dont even wear a watch everyday so if u dont have a phone or any other means of getting the time, then yeah, i guess i might suggest spending $3800.... on 100 watches that look just like that; that can last u awhile. :eek: :p

y u mad?. ....its not that i think its really ugly, its just the price. thats just me tho.. u wana go drop 38 hundy on a lame ass water-proof looking watch bro be my guest

1) It's a 'tactical' watch. It's different to your run of the mill watch - anti magnetic, shock proof, 300m WR, etc.

2) It has a ETA 7750 automatic chrono movement. You will struggle to find even a basic watch with this movement for under $1500.

when i said "style", i meant thats what i wear watches for man. i look at my phone for the clock most of the time. i dont even wear a watch everyday so if u dont have a phone or any other means of getting the time, then yeah, i guess i might suggest spending $3800.... on 100 watches that look just like that; that can last u awhile. :eek: :p

3) You don't get it br0.

• Like 1

we were carrying on until you came in here mouthing off about shit you know nothing about because the price tag saddened you... at the end of the day those who cant or wouldnt pay a few stacks for a watch dont understand or care about timepieces...

coach watch br0! wear it well...

• 2 months later...

Will you look at that? I'd never have expected a thread on timepieces here on the oz. I guess it was bound to happen. Beardo's post reminds me of Xetum. Not that it's bad or anything.

Anyway, here's mine:

z5421489X.jpg

Montblanc Timewalker Chronograph

My next timepiece would either be a Lum*Tec or say fuck it and get a Bell & Ross. Then again, I'm beginning to fall for IWC.

which one should i cop...

black victorinox swiss army dive master

or citizen JW0097-54E

or citizen BN0085-01E

That is a decision that only you can decide. A watch should be an extension of you regardless if it's an automatic or a quartz movement.

If you don't have many watches in your collection, try to pick one that would complement most of your outfits.

always go with auto... only quartz watches in my collection are vintage...

Haha I'm not one to be concerned with what a man wears, but if there's a watch a friend wears that catches my eye and it ticks, my heart sinks. I guess I have high expectations from my friends. Then again, I have a Movado with a quartz movement. Ha!

There's so much to a timepiece, that I force myself to not care too much (history, movement, etc.). Most people cringe at a Japanese ETA movement and prefer Swiss. Some appreciate in-house movements over sourced. Too much involved, I say!

One of these days, I hope I will own a tourbillon.

Here's something for y'all to check out:

http://www.luxury4play.com/watches/64577-some-prefer-things-complicated.html

L4P may require you to register. I don't expect most of you graffing niggas to do so, but if you do, you'll enjoy it.

Montblanc, eh, not a great watch man. they are a pen company and relatively new on the watch game. when spending that much money i would pass and stay focused on a watch company that ONLY makes timepieces. and Piguet is a great watch, the royal oak offshore is quite classic but for what it is and how much those cost i cant swing it.

i have purchased and sold several watches but for wrist time and staying power in my collection i pretty much stick to only a few brands:

Ball, Kobold, Sinn, Omega, Bathys, and Tag Heuer

thats pretty much in order of importance and desire as well with the first two slots changing from time to time... ha

Montblanc, eh, not a great watch man. they are a pen company and relatively new on the watch game.a

While I agree with you on this comment and watchuseek, the watch was a gift to me. It was either the Timewalker or the Sport Chronos, but the former felt like it was more for me than the other.

Anyway, like I said in my previous post, wear what you like although there is much more to a timepiece than aesthetics.