Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I never knew there was such a thing as lefty watches. I know that a lot of Nixon watches has the crown on the left side to prevent injury of the wrist while skating. I was told (not sure if true) that a lefty would wear a watch on the right wrist and vice versa with a righty no matter the placement of the crown. I could be totally wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...
nice looking watch. i didn't know that pittsburgh produced any quality watches. What's the deal/ history with kobold?

they have been my favorite watch for sometime. the sturdiness of the watch, subtle and classy detail, the fact that its all US except for the movement etc draws me to the brand. Mike Kobold started this company in his dorm room. very well respected in the watch community. Kobold will ONLY make 2500 piece per year total. first come first serve. you can only buy Kobold via their website or facility in Pits (which is so awesome if your a nerd like me). unless your buying used in the secondary market. since i purchased my second Kobold its been my daily wear since... real deal tool watch, cant get much better imo...

the blackops is a real new offering so you MIGHT be able to cop for about 3800? you dont really see them come up. Kobold has a real strong secondary market value for the most part. especially considering the numbers in which some watches were made. i have a Phandom where under 20 are said to exist and only 7 are KNOWN. i cant really get a straight answer. but there are one of one Kobold pieces out there because when you order you can make your watch custom. you can probably get a nice Phantom PVD for about 2k used depending on its options...

Not big into the "hipster" watches, but after breaking/scratching/ruining almost every watch I own... I decided to go with a G-SHOCK... after looking at a few of them, I figured this was the least standout-ish... It's in the "mail"

GA-100-1A1DR_MED.jpg

I really miss the nice timberland watches, from back in the day... Still have one, but it's beat to hell... Nice watches just don't work with my life-style, phones... just as unfortunate.

"nice" watches will last if you spend money. my first kobald phantom i wore on missions in seedy places and beat it to hell and it lasted me just fine. as "worn" as it was i still got 1900.00 for it too.

in watches (usually not always) you get what you pay for...

with that said a Gshock is a nice beater disposable watch for the common man for sure... if i didnt care about watches its one of the few watches i would wear...

for his birthday...

word.

got a belt to match it.

style.

if i wanna know the fuckin time ill look at my phone, fuck face.

if i ever drop 3800 on a watch its a fuckin Rolex

"style" yea thats style! haha

next your going to tell me Gucci and Channel make good watches because they cost a few grand. ANY watch from a style house is just that a watch made from a clothing designer not a watch company. for that i will ALWAYS pass.

Rolex are made in mass quantities and on the wrist of every guy who wants to drop a few stacks to "look baller" or to have a classic watch etc. Kobolds are made in VERY limited numbers and you can wear one knowing there are not many around and its going to last you a lifetime. Kobold are for the most part tool watches and would embarrass Rolex in the field "fuck face".

"style" yea thats style! haha

next your going to tell me Gucci and Channel make good watches because they cost a few grand. ANY watch from a style house is just that a watch made from a clothing designer not a watch company. for that i will ALWAYS pass.

Rolex are made in mass quantities and on the wrist of every guy who wants to drop a few stacks to "look baller" or to have a classic watch etc. Kobolds are made in VERY limited numbers and you can wear one knowing there are not many around and its going to last you a lifetime. Kobold are for the most part tool watches and would embarrass Rolex in the field "fuck face".

when i said "style", i meant thats what i wear watches for man. i look at my phone for the clock most of the time. i dont even wear a watch everyday so if u dont have a phone or any other means of getting the time, then yeah, i guess i might suggest spending $3800.... on 100 watches that look just like that; that can last u awhile. :eek: :p

y u mad?. ....its not that i think its really ugly, its just the price. thats just me tho.. u wana go drop 38 hundy on a lame ass water-proof looking watch bro be my guest

1) It's a 'tactical' watch. It's different to your run of the mill watch - anti magnetic, shock proof, 300m WR, etc.

2) It has a ETA 7750 automatic chrono movement. You will struggle to find even a basic watch with this movement for under $1500.

when i said "style", i meant thats what i wear watches for man. i look at my phone for the clock most of the time. i dont even wear a watch everyday so if u dont have a phone or any other means of getting the time, then yeah, i guess i might suggest spending $3800.... on 100 watches that look just like that; that can last u awhile. :eek: :p

3) You don't get it br0.

• Like 1

we were carrying on until you came in here mouthing off about shit you know nothing about because the price tag saddened you... at the end of the day those who cant or wouldnt pay a few stacks for a watch dont understand or care about timepieces...

coach watch br0! wear it well...

• 2 months later...