I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 6:00 PM, ndv said:

Kinda bummed 😕  I am just learning that one of the cats may have late diabetes.  Dude lost weight pretty quick in the past couple weeks all while his water intake has increased quite a bit.

So the boy has type II Dia beetus.  As long as he has insulin and a diabetic catfood diet, there is a big chance his beetus will go into remission.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2024 at 3:54 PM, ndv said:

So the boy has type II Dia beetus.  As long as he has insulin and a diabetic catfood diet, there is a big chance his beetus will go into remission.

I hope so!

Do you have to inject insulin daily?

• Truth 1

49 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I hope so!

Do you have to inject insulin daily?

Yeah,  every morning he gets .5 milligrams.  Had to change his diet to a diabetic food.  It just has less sugar.  This is the part that tales the longest as we have to mix the food to ween them both off what they are used to with out any backlash.  It's working out pretty well.

This is what got me thinking about @Mercer' s thread in regards to "its evident what is in your food, your government doesn't give a crap about you".   To me it just proves processed foods are engineered or just coincidental side effects that cause high blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol, not to mention the more serious ailments.  

Honestly, for most the first half of my life.  I really thought animals had slightly different genetic code that they were immune to most things humans developed.  Diabetes was one of them.   I just thought they were simply immune to stuff like this. 

• Like 1

I should also probably add, ever since he has been receiving his insulin, he had been more active again, he gets the zoomies, more upbeat.  At first he was kinda week, moped around, you could definitely tell something was off because his activity level diminished.  He would nap next to the water/food bowls.  I mean he still does, but I am sure thays because he understood something wasn't right.

But he's back at being a cat.   Almost forgot, speaking of, dude catches a cicada this past weekend and brings it into the house.  Not too dramatic of a story but he pretty much drops it out of his mouth on the living room floor only to chase it as this thing starts making its infamous noise.  I immediately try to catch this thing before I have 2 cats knocking over things trying to catch this thing.   So it flys toward the TV,  ricochets toward my girl and lands somewhere under her or on her.  Cat is trying to chase it down,  the cicada starts making it noise and my girl wakes up trying to figure out what is going on.  

I say, there's a cicada somewhere on you.  She jumps up!  Lol!  Then it flys on the curtain near the balcony so I was able to catch it and toss it outside.  

Nothing too dramatic.  Next moring the dude wants outside because that cicada must have been on his mind the whole night.  Let him out, he's looking for it.  But I was like, sorry buddy, thay cicada is long gone. 

I learned one thing about cicadas.   They are loud outside, but indoors, they are louder. 

• Like 2

Been a rough day here..

i lost a close friend that was older than a few of my kids.
I had a pet snake (Diamond Python) for almost 20 years, got her as a hatchling when my wife owned a pet shop with loose connections to bikers. . She was old for her species and was acting strange the last few days and had refused to eat for a few months, we knew she was close to the end.

its always a shock, no matter how much youre expecting it.

i hate this feeling and I haven’t owned any pets for a long time (15 years).. except for her.
Maybe I’ll dig out some pics of her for y’all when I’m not so emotional, but right now I’m a gettin drunk.

RIP Aristotle

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr.Mojo said:

Been a rough day here..

i lost a close friend that was older than a few of my kids.
I had a pet snake (Diamond Python) for almost 20 years, got her as a hatchling when my wife owned a pet shop with loose connections to bikers. . She was old for her species and was acting strange the last few days and had refused to eat for a few months, we knew she was close to the end.

its always a shock, no matter how much youre expecting it.

i hate this feeling and I haven’t owned any pets for a long time (15 years).. except for her.
Maybe I’ll dig out some pics of her for y’all when I’m not so emotional, but right now I’m a gettin drunk.

RIP Aristotle

RIP Aristotle, bummer to hear that man. I would def like to see some pics of her if you are up for sharing them later.

• Like 1