[WHY] Spinning rims

Kr430n5_666

Fuck spinnin rims... I'm talking about a spinning windshield OR some rims that, when you go to stop at a redlight, just keep right on rolling right out into the middle of traffic with the rest of your vehicle attatched. BLAM!

Nah, seriously though, if you've got extra money (however you got it is irrelevant) and you decide you want to dump it into your car for the sake of impressing people, who the fuck am I to judge? Everyone wants to impress on some level... just because some people choose cars doesn't make them any better or worse than people who choose big words or world travel.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're not gonna believe this, but I swear to you that it's 100% true.

The lady downstairs from me just got a set of spinners for her Benz. I don't like her that much, since she yelled at my girl for walking around our apartment in heels...hello? We have hardwood floors, numbnuts! Get a clue...then, she comes home at three in the morning and has loud, obnoxious sex that we can hear over the slow-jam station she's cranked up to 11 to "get in the mood"...thankfully, she travels a lot for her job, so she's not home often.

So, when I got home today, this is what I saw in our parking area-

[attachmentid=22461]

Does anyone see the irony in this? I laughed my ass off...it's still outside, actually, so maybe I should go get it before it gets stolen, too. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

RIDIN' SPINNAS....all the way off your fucking silly status symbol Benz, ya fruitcake. That's what happens to nice cars in Oakland...especially when you front like that. Note that the plates are missing, too. :haha:

And no, I didn't do it...but I'm glad SOMEONE did.

Shark- I've actually talked to some of the folks from that neighborhood when I lived there about how things have changed since then...they don't know what happened. I guess The Man figured out another way to keep a brotha down...it's called MTV, or The Crass Consumerism Channel. I told my cable company specifically to not include it. Fuck popular culture, I said, fuck it with the 47 dirty dicks of Satan, all night long. So, they left it off. Bueno.

Image144.jpg.dbc31724fa02276776152ef992b987e6.jpg

Originally posted by shai hulud@Oct 5 2005, 02:21 AM

And no, I didn't do it...but I'm glad SOMEONE did.

while i do agree that spinners are more whack than me teaching my girl how to play mtg, messing with someones car is a no-go no matter what. shit is just terrible. i feel sorry for that broad, but she is a dumb bitch for buying into that shit.

I didnt read the whole thread so if this has been mentioned then sorry.....

What about the hubcap spinners hahhhahah.....

in vancouver theres a van cab with them shits and Where my mom lives theres a new BMW with them....

7611351_f177ad1a22_m.jpg

Finally a spinner kit everybody can afford. This hubcap spinning kit can be installed on your stock steel rim. It is made from unbreakable engineering plastic to last. This spinner kit is super light weight and spins like the brand name metal spinners. Super lightweight unbreakable plated finish.

hubcap.gif

u know whats stoooopideeeer

how errbude gets drunk, barfs the next morning, and anticipates TONITE

now lets calm down with blacks being poorly portrayed by Marketing bc that shit is stupid. Did u ever think some people just buy shit bc they like em? likely u thought its a forced trend, but likely you misplaced your forced trend.

i lik'em and when i see 'em i look. What do u do? u bitch to urself or ur close minded friends, but now would u ever go up that person and say " U LOOK STUPID BC U RIDE WITH SPINNERS!"

Originally posted by krs702@Oct 5 2005, 06:21 AM

now lets calm down with blacks being poorly portrayed by Marketing bc that shit is stupid. Did u ever think some people just buy shit bc they like em? likely u thought its a forced trend, but likely you misplaced your forced trend.

i lik'em and when i see 'em i look. What do u do? u bitch to urself or ur close minded friends, but now would u ever go up that person and say " U LOOK STUPID BC U RIDE WITH SPINNERS!"

You're an idiot.

big RumPuncher's moment of clarity:

I've met a few uber-rich people in my life.

One guy in particualr is worth over 100 million and climbing.

The guy sure as hell wouldn't advertise his wealth because

He doesn't care if you know he's rich or not Got that?

Maybe if you're a C-list rap star who just got a 100K advance,

then you're hood rich and spinners seem like a good idea.

If you've got REAL money, you dont need to flaunt it.

The idea of having a gold chain that's worth more than my bail money seems retarded.

Originally posted by krs702@Oct 5 2005, 04:21 AM

Wow...you sound like you took your point, tossed it in a blender, then made it smoke ten blunts and told it to go to work. Damn, kid, lay off the sizerup...or else, you'll end up looking like this guy-

856194_c297861122.jpg

Black people ARE poorly portrayed by marketing and the media. That's not being closed-minded, that's simply objective observation. What would make you think otherwise? When I see the TV shows that are marketed to the black audience by WB, it insults ME as a human being. Black people are being portrayed as oversexed, materialisitic, and not very smart, either. We haven't come very far from the minstrel shows when you show actors portraying successful black people as incapable of having conversations that aren't half slang.

Plus, the companies buying ad time are usually something like KFC, Nike, Boost or check cashing/payday advance stores pushing their bullshit on black folks who can barely get by. It's easy to keep people down when you divert their attention from real issues by equating happiness with being able to buy fresh kicks or a blingin' cell phone. Also, you see people on these shows driving around in Lexuses and Excursions rolliing on rims worth five grand...those cars are given to the studios by the car companies...it's called product placement. If you live in the ghetto and don't have job skills or capital, the only way to get a ride like that is to sling dope or financing your ass into credit hell.

What they aren't showing is the reality that I see every day. You know why kids wear fronts? It's not a status symbol...they've got fucked up teeth, and putting shine in your grill is a good way to hide the fact that there's no dental insurance for people below the poverty line. Baggy pants are a direct fashion cue from state issued prison jeans. Having a lot of gold jewelry is a form of liquid assets when you can't get a bank account or a credit card. Almost all the kids I know from the hood have cell phones. Guess what? Almost all of them are prepaid, at exorbitant rates well over what I pay for the same basic service.

Shall I continue? Let me take a guess...you're from Nevada, which is 75% white, and 6.8% black. I live in Oakland, which is 31% white and 36% black. Being white, I'm the minority here...I also respect my neighbors since I'm poor just like they are, but I bet that I get a lot of breaks that they can only dream of.

I'm not mad at you, but your statement doesn't hold water where I come from. If you lived here, you would see that. I wonder how many crackheads you live around, or if you've ever seen a carjacking or a murder over a pair of shoes happen in front of you. My girlfriend got robbed at gunpoint for ten bucks and her credit card, two blocks from our house...by the time the card was reported stolen, the asshole ran up $1600 in charges on it inside of twenty minutes. Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever had it happen to someone you love? I seriously doubt it. Go ahead and like spinners, it's still a free country...but, I hate status symbols in any form, especially pointless ones. That comes from living in the real world, and not believing what rap videos tell me.

off we go into the abyss -

i hate to say i do not live in Nebraska.

But, thanks for a stereotype.

How is it you assumed i am white? Did you think i might be black?

Or asian, or uh,uh,uh,uh

Ha,

u should cruise the city with me, i jump all roun. Ever see that Dirty south dvd? watch Kapone jumbel'roun. Then, u'll see Crunk.

-----

I bet you didn't recall i happen to be from one of the states "poorly portraying black people." Of course, you didn't bc my Location is "where girls knee down." My apologizes to ladies, i ain't crude; silly humor.

haaaaah, u're from CA, ALL races love CA icons. of course not all the people of the race.

Yes, i'm from a seriously hated state by all critics.

I'll give credit to the picture attached bc it's the state i reside in. No love for those laughing at downers.

Dallas, Lone Star state.

-----

U must be black, JusKdn, beacuse you watch WB. How about the news? Since the news shows all black peoples fuck ups.

You have misplaced words - Substitute "black People" as "People."

-----

Sadly and Fortuantely, i've experienced the ins and outs of ghetto life. Not as bad as hoodrats or those living near em.

And my intuition is strong when shit nears bad. I wonder why your girl got folded for ten? No offense, but you gotta stay in control.

i know how desperate fools work. How? Becuz when i started, I ran with fools. I've never had a gun pointed at me, only moved around me and threatened, but NEVER directed to my body.

I've had knives and fists threatened at my body by crackheads, drunks, and stupid nyc kids but it has been a bit since then.

How is it I could have experienced this? Ya know, Doja pounders.

----

anyways, here is truth to your analysis.

we get greels b/c we lik'em.

Watch three six mafia stay flyyy/highhh. Juicy J's teeth look white before the fronts go in. Grills give the owner decaying teeth if they do not take care of their teeth, or wear them during eating and sleep 24/7.

LOL, ur connection to people who don't know how to maintain their cellphone habit is black people gettin jipped with prepaid?

U hate status symbols? Yet u love speaking of bad status symbols?

LIke you, i bitched about spinners.

U know, like how everybody thinks they're stupid.

Hey, u're right my idea of GOING up to BLACK GUY and saying SO-SO is stupid. But it makes a point bc none of you could ever do that bc uhhhhhhh,,might,,,,, sound uhhhh stooopeed to say it.

I see spinners as seeing a new candy bar.

hey, by the way , i dont mean to be rude about the drama in your hometown. i feel for you. i really do. take good care of not just urself, but ur whole community.

I went to this party about a year ago with my Jamacian friend i became friends with at 711. I met his friend straight from afrika. He told me about life in Africa compared to America. The unity is extremely different. He said if a member of the community has an issue , the community helps the problem. If the problemed one says "leave me alone." They leave him or her alone, but if they notice the problem persists they then interupt.

Sometimes i wish we all stood together rather than bickering indviduals. Just some thought for ur community.

straight outta oakland california where were sparkin on ya i give a shout out to my homies in the darkest corna's i remember drinkin hennesy, smokin wee and contemplatin on the things we'd grow to be!

ummm.... would you shut the fuck up with the motherfucking race card already. were all equal in the eyes of God.

I saw 702 in your name...a lot of kids I know from Nevada claim that area code. It was a guess, and incorrect at that.

Since I have to work off of deductive reasoning here, and I can't see ANYBODY through a monitor, so once again, even though I don't remember commenting on your ancestry, I took a shot in the dark. As I said before, I have to work off of deductive reasoning and a priori arguments are about 99% of what I see here on 12 oz. I'm guilty of that, too. However, I am very, very conscious of my accuracy, since I make a living as a researcher. So, when I make a statement, I try to back it up with facts...it's not that hard to do.

Here's how my girlfriend got held up. She was with her other friend, on her friend's porch. They aren't big people. Two dudes ran up onto the porch, and one held a gun on them while the other one shook them down. Basically, they were fucking cowards. They weren't from the neighborhood, I checked it out...otherwise, they would have gotten handled. I may be legit now, but I wasn't always that nice, and I have plenty of friends in high and low places who LIKE to hurt people, and will gladly do it for free, and especially on general principle.

The simple fact is, I WASN'T WITH HER. It wouldn't have happened if I had been, and she's from a small town where shit like this just doesn't happen. She's a lot wiser now, believe me. I had three punks try to roll me a few years ago, and I chased them back into the projects with a broken bottle...I'm not scared of kids who try to jack people with guns, either. I'm not trying to sound hard, but I've lived in bad neighborhoods for most of my life, and I learned a few things from the experience. It takes a lot of practice to shoot straight, first off, and I don't fight fair, I fight to win. If they give me an opening, any opening, and it's not going to put me or anyone else at risk, that's all I need. I grew up streetfighting, and have put fools in the hospital before...I'm not proud of that, I'm proud of the fact I've never started a fistfight in my life. I've finished a few, though.

I don't watch television, since I have a sharp mind, and prefer to keep it that way. I think TV panders to the lowest common denominator of American culture, and though I may be working class, I have enough self-respect to read at least two books a week. My opinion of WB is based on all the billboards I see, along with the Newport and Olde English ads. And, I talk to a lot of the kids on my block, so at one point, cell phones came up, and I was shocked to find out that a lot of them pay $75 to $100 a month for service. Since i have credit, I pay a lot less...this just isn't going to be an option for them.

I agree, the news does decent, law-abiding black folks a great disservice by presenting crime as primarily being perpetrated by blacks. The fact is, most black crime is done by desperate people, who don't have time to calculate the odds or the consequences of their actions. Most of the criminals I've known have been white, and most of the crime in America is probably commited by whites. It's just not reported that way. And the press reinforces this view by pointing out that incarceration rates are far higher for blacks than whites in this country...but, that ought to be an indictment of the penal system, not an entire ethnic group. It's totally skewed to give the worst possible impression. Why? Sensationalism gets higher ratings, and it helps cops get more money to go out and arrest more black kids, which skews the ratio, and on and on....it feeds itself. It's airtight and empirically sound as far as the media is concerned, and if it works for them, why fix it?

I treat everyone the same way- the way they treat me tells me what they expect in return. They can be any color in the rainbow, gay or straight, rich, poor, thin, smart, dumb, fat, ugly, or pretty- I just don't have time to pay attention to those details. Basically, if they have no class or self-respect, then that sets the tone- not me. If a black guy calls me a devil or cracker, I'll snap back on him with everything I've got. If he wants to call me racist, then he's ignorant trash.

If he thinks I don't understand his reality, he's right- I'm not ignorant trash. But, I can call him names- all's fair in love or war. If you don't take pride in who you are, it's not my fault. Don't be a schmuck, and you won't get treated like one. Simple as that.

A lot of my opinions are summed up well in a book called "The Redneck Manifesto", by Jim Goad. He breaks this down better than I'll ever be able to. He thinks the issue dividing this country is class, not race, and to a point, I agree. However, racism is still alive and well in this country in 2005. I'm not blind to it, and me pointing it out isn't playing the race card, it's me commenting on a sad state of affairs. It's like the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about- but it's there, and pretending it isn't won't help.

For Americans to reopen the discussion on race and class would take a very painful examination of the disparity between the haves and have-nots. And, since we live in a materialist, fuck-you-jack-I-got-mine society, until we can curb our selfish tendencies, the dialogue is stalled somewhere around the time Martin Luther King, Jr. was killed.

So, I guess I agree, and disagree. But I see that you are intelligent and compassionate, and apologize for thinking otherwise.

I'm not going to post anything else here, since this is getting so far away from the point.

SPINNERS ARE STUPID. DON'T DO IT.