[WHY] Spinning rims

Kr430n5_666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

see way too many of them spinning shits around this heap.

I kinda feel them spinners with the colored mesh background.

You know whats even worse. Them fake gucci interior and LV jobs i see every so often. What kind of man puts womans purse material on their headrest? The fuck

On another note. If you drive honda (unless its pushing 500 hp) a neon or any domestic Dont put one of them ugly ass fiberglass looking trunk wings on your car. You dont need it and it looks like shit!

thanks in advance.

I suppose I feel fine with the information I have recieved here.

It obviously is a status symbol to many...If they are making watches and...clocks? what the fuck...then yeah...status.

Car culture...basic adding of accessories...okay i understand that.

However...if they cost thousands or whatever...come on. Thats a lot of money to watch some metal/steel/paper mache spin around. I believe it is more status than anything. Its like wearing a rolex or high end designer clothing i guess. You can get a fucking working watch from a 50 cent toy machines and nice looking clothes for hardly any money. but...to have the name...thats the shit. in this case...its not the name really...its the action...of spinning...

People can buy whatever they desire. It does nothing really to me. However, lets look at this from a child's standpoint:

"LOOK AT DAT! DEY R SPINNIN! WOW!"

Perhaps that is the exact reaction a lot of young adults have too. Which could, in theory, claim that the mental devlopment in people commonly does not progress after a certain point. Who knows.

Thank you everyone.

good to see scorpions back on the 'ounce.

spinners: here's the scoop.

you know when you shake a set of car keys in front of a baby and they get all hyped as shit like it's fuckin christmas or something? same deal. put something shiny and moving in front of a dimwit and they'll be amused forever

MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. In Oakland, little kids take tinfoil and wrap it around the spoke pairs on their bike wheels. The ones with extra bling actually take four extra wheels, give them all the treatment and somehow bolt them onto both sides of the front and rear axles....thus, the "hexacycle" is born. A common variation oon the "hexacycle" is "the sparka", when there's no tires on any of the six wheels..but there's tinfoil for days...AND THEY SPINNIN'!!!!!

This should answer why this is done....MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS. MARKETING. FOCUS GROUPS.

Personally, I think spinners are gayer than eight guys giving nine guys a blowjob...or, what Master Shake has to say.

Some local history...

In Oakland, back in the sixties, some black folks realized that the tobacco and liquor companies were advertising heavily in the ghetto, especially near schools and playgrounds. They knew about a dangerous intersection (55th and West) where several people had been killed and lobbied the city to install a traffic light there. They also realized that a lot of the families were too poor to feed their kids in the morning, so they started an independent free breakfast program. They noticed the drug problem was out of control in the community, and ran the dealers out. They realized that the city knew about all of these things, and had elected to not do anything about it. These poeple actually cared enough to try and do something positive for their community, "by any means neccessary," and when it became clear that The Man considered it militant ideology for black people to take care of their own, they took up arms in self defense.

logo03.jpg

And now, I live less than a mile from 55th and West... and...THEY RIDIN' SPINNAS...RIDIN' SPINNAS...DON'T STOP...

What would they think?

Spinners are pretty much a here and now status symbol like so much stupid shit to come before them. Too many idiots live for the here and now and don't think of the future. Everyone wants the hot, hip, cool and lastest shit.

And when the latest fad becomes passe because its something sooo many people have, as well as crossing over into "uncool" portions of the population (or people actually realize how stupid it looks) its on to next in the line of what can top that... what cost money that will make me stick out and be an individual (haha, right).....and usually that item is going to be some ridiculous, useless piece of crap that adds that flash and bling but little else. Spinners are jsut the latest in that line.. before it was rims that stuck out 5 inches, then daytons, tv headrest, hydralics... and thats just in the car culture... and like you said this is a phenom for all area of consumerism, clothes, jewlery, electronics...

Materialistic, short-sighted and cosumeristic brain washed people want what they think will make them stand out from the rest of their peers and adored by the same demograpic of the opposite sex.

Bigger and badder... human nature for sheep.

**and whats the deal with spinner watches, shoes and pendants.. none of those producst are originally designed to spin...so why add a spinner...?? idiots.

Originally posted by Weapon X+Oct 4 2005, 12:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weapon X - Oct 4 2005, 12:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Oct 3 2005, 09:01 PM

2) "Poor" black folk who spend their welfare checks on stupid shit like spinners/fresh kicks.... Get a real fucking job and do something with your fucking life. (Note: Selling drugs is not "doing something" with your life...)

Yeah, five thousand dollar rims on a shitbox are funny. That's a black thing.

BUT - How does that affect you negatively? Why does the hate flow so freely in your blood?

I'm not a fan of spinners, but if someone wants to go buy them and stick 'em onto a car, they can go right ahead. Spend them dollars - it is what keeps the economy going, like it or not.

I think spinners are a marvel of ingenuity in the car culture. I can't see myself ever going that outlandish with a ride, but to each their own.

When will the "I hate stamp collectors" or "FUCK model airplane builders" threads be released?

[/b]

This isnt hating purely to hate. It doesnt affect me negatively in any sort of direct way either. My hate is directed at the sad fact that Blacks are allowing themselves to be played by pop music and allowing it to completely dictate their lives and priorities. What the fuck do you need this shit for? What the fuck are you blowing all your money on fucking clothes and shit? To impress hoodrats? You and all your boys are rocking the same gear and pulling the same schemes so you can front like youre supposed to be on TRL later today promoting your new video. God it's so fucking sickening that the people who run this country are able to coerce you daily into doing just what they want, especially when it comes to things like keeping poor blacks poor and in housing. There is NO fucking way that anyone should be ok with that. Spinners are just one example....

Originally posted by shai hulud@Oct 4 2005, 07:09 AM

Some local history...

In Oakland, back in the sixties, some black folks realized that the tobacco and liquor companies were advertising heavily in the ghetto, especially near schools and playgrounds. They knew about a dangerous intersection (55th and West) where several people had been killed and lobbied the city to install a traffic light there. They also realized that a lot of the families were too poor to feed their kids in the morning, so they started an independent free breakfast program. They noticed the drug problem was out of control in the community, and ran the dealers out. They realized that the city knew about all of these things, and had elected to not do anything about it. These poeple actually cared enough to try and do something positive for their community, "by any means neccessary," and when it became clear that The Man considered it militant ideology for black people to take care of their own, they took up arms in self defense.

logo03.jpg

And now, I live less than a mile from 55th and West... and...THEY RIDIN' SPINNAS...RIDIN' SPINNAS...DON'T STOP...

What would they think?

Someone knows whats up...

I'm pretty sure theres alot of proud black revolutionaries who have been doing a good deal of spinning in their graves lately....

Spinners are put on cars for show....

I'm into paying for PERFORMANCE parts on a car, I could give a fuck if the outside of my car

looks like a bondo disaster (it doesn't but...) as long as the car is reliable and fast/tuned/etc....

I like to refer to people with stupid rides as "All show and no GO."

Spinners are put on cars for show....

I'm into paying for PERFORMANCE parts on a car, I could give a fuck if the outside of my car

looks like a bondo disaster (it doesn't but...) as long as the car is reliable and fast/tuned/etc....

I like to refer to people with stupid rides as "All show and no GO."

Dirty Habit speaks the truth on the performance parts. If I'm going to blow money on a vehicle I'd rather have the outside look like absolute shit but be able to hit 200 something miles per hour without blinking. Sometime I'm planning on getting an RX7 to play with. Rotary engines, baby.

Originally posted by azert+Oct 3 2005, 11:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (azert - Oct 3 2005, 11:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MEROJUANA@Oct 4 2005, 09:41 AM

HATING ON THE NEXT NIGGA ISN'T GONNA MAKE YOU HAVE SHIT. I SEEN A NIGGA ON THE CROSS BRONX THE OTHER DAY IN A BLACK LAMBO, AND I GAVE THE NIGGA A THUMBS UP. I DIDNT SAY "MAN FUCK THAT OLD FAGGOT! HE PROBABLY GOT A LITTLE DICK AND HE SMELLS!" CUZ IM NOT A HATER. BOTTOM LINE? STOP HATIN. SPINNERS LOOK CRACK ON A BIG BODY TRUCK (I JUST LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND SEEN AN EXPO ON SPINNERS.)

MERO

MLBC.

Hahaha this from the guy who talks the most shit in the myspace thread.

Edit: I don't really care if someone has spinners on their car, but I hate it when someone buys the shittiest set they can find and act like it makes their car worth 50 grand. Luckily there aren't many sets of spinners over here.

[/b]

THERES A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THROWING SPINNERS ON YOUR TRUCK, AND CUTTING YOURSELF AND CRYING WHILE YOU LISTEN TO YOUR GAY ASS MUSIC (WHICH IS BASICALLY SOME DUDE CRYING WITH A GUITAR IN THE BACKGROUND) JUST SO YOU CAN TAKE FLICKS OF IT TO PUT ON MYSPACE. NIGGA.

MERO.

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666+Oct 3 2005, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kr430n5_666 - Oct 3 2005, 11:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RumPuncher@Oct 3 2005, 06:24 PM

it's car culture.

people can live in a shithole appartment

but still feel successful if they have a big screen TV

and a ride that's 'been pimped'. Sorry... but watching

TV in your car should not be high on your priorities.

then again... think of the kinds of problems us north americans face;

what's the thread count of these sheets?

is the computer fast enough to play games?

my engagement ring was only appraised at $6,000?

people in the rest of the world are asking themselves:

WHERE THE FOOD? WHERE'S CLEAN WATER? WHY DID MY HOUSE BLOW UP?

car culture...yes i understand that...although car culture is very popular within the "hiphop" culture, which i believe is very apparent.

and yes people do allow material possesions to be their trophies as to how great their life is even if it is absolutely wretched, which i find comical in certain scenarios.

a dirty man with a filthy, low-budget home in the middle of a shitpile owns a very very expensive car in which he uses to drive into the city to pick up some broads then brings them back to his horrid domicile.

its the same thing as seeing some images of a brand new stereo on ebay, buying the stereo, and recieving a shoebox full of used condoms in the mail.

fronting is pathetic

----

by the way, high five.

[/b]

Oh no my friend..These people don not bring the hoes back to the domicile...

They go back to the HOTEL!!