Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
misteraven

ALSO KNOWN AS x BEINGHUNTED

peep the AKA website with the link on the last page of the feature.

*hint: press the 'explore' button in the bottom right when viewing the site.

Wow.

Just wow.

This picture has me a warm and fuzzy inside.

07.jpg

Can't fucking wait.

*Edit..

just entered the extra a.k.a. site.

Great Flash work.

enjoyed it very much...now where's my free copy? just kidding.

i like the flash too; who did the graphics?...12oz does it again.

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton@Sep 1 2005, 12:58 PM

I tried to download some of the wallpapers and no worky

I ran into the same problem.

They must have overlooked them in the uploading.

awsometastic. when do we get to know store locations to where these puppies are gonna be? or do we just gotta dig?

i dont want to be rude or anything but i hope to fuck that this doesnt just feature the usual (deleate as appropriate) "cool" / old-school / revered / "are they quite crosing the line between graff and art?" / media or publisher's favourite writer...

from that preview, i can see ket, cope and futura (?). not to criticise these guys but we've seen all that before. kets throw isnt all that (sorry to all you "thats proper graff shyt" peeps but its the truth) cope's outline doesnt change (taking nothing away from him at all) and futura's been covered before. i really want to stress that im taking nothing away from these guys but...

i just have a feeling this books gonna turn into a pretentious, coffe table, "lets try and change the worlds view on graff" type thing, which hipsters would proudly show off.

id much rather get a small, black and white fanzine anyday/

I'b be willing to bet these early photos are only 1% of what's in store.

Plus there's been no text excerts except for the mission statement.

I'm sure the book will feature content way beyound what else is out there,

even if the subjects (cope, futura etc) have been covered before.

Want an example? Read the Revs interview in the vaporz, or the Os Gemeos

interview in the original 12oz prophet. No one else is doing it like these guys.

there you go...revs. no matter how good the interview or the guy is, we've all read about him and know what he did and now does.

os gemos ive read about in my parents liberal papers' art section. i dont want to read about that again in a graff book. especially when that books from such a reputable name in the graff/media world. hell i dont know if id even class os gemos as graff...

i said it before, but give me a book of throws, passenger trains, dubs and graff in its more traditional sense and ill be happy. do we really need a next arty farty, photograff book?

not some more "pushing the boundaries..." bollocks, DESTRUCTION!

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by MrJackDaniels@Sep 1 2005, 06:33 PM

there you go...revs. no matter how good the interview or the guy is, we've all read about him and know what he did and now does.

os gemos ive read about in my parents liberal papers' art section. i dont want to read about that again in a graff book. especially when that books from such a reputable name in the graff/media world. hell i dont know if id even class os gemos as graff...

i said it before, but give me a book of throws, passenger trains, dubs and graff in its more traditional sense and ill be happy. do we really need a next arty farty, photograff book?

not some more "pushing the boundaries..." bollocks, DESTRUCTION!

Ok, rumpuncher tries once and you dont seem to get it.

Starting off, the book is called akanyc creating an aka series

of books to follow. Naturally NYC comes first being the mother of

graffiti as most of us know it. Just by that, you realise that theres no

such book without futura, cope, ket and a bunch of others as they are

the guys who set the standards and the whole graffiti presence in NYC.

Given that the book wont be nothing close to "cool" / old-school / revered / "are they quite crosing the line between graff and art?" / media or publisher's favourite writer... Still it brings you the situation right as it is. You have the right to like or dislike a bunch of stuff that shaped graffiti and you have the right to be in denial of where graffiti has been and how many faces it has as we speak. Talking about oldschool, in the static way you do, for something thats been happening roughly for 35 years is almost ridiculous.

As far as what 12oz has been always bringing to the table, well, you're being really small minded. Introducing revs, in the best interview there is from the guy, to an international audience is what creates the will to do something meaningfull instead of the standard outlines/color schemes and everything else you consider given. Bringing OsGemeos to the world (yes, 12oz did that) Almost created a new kind of graffiti and massive inspiration worldwide. Every 12oz project has been proved to be really essential in letting people know whats really up and why we all keep doing what we do presented in a visual form that not only makes everything appealing but has been always been the new shit to bite. All that for more than 10 years with no failure or halfstepping.

I'm getting a bit over the top right now but seriously, i'm just giving you a long analysis on how what you think doesnt say much.

As a tip on the side, buy the book, its probably your best bet into being part of history.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this