katrina

saraday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

omigawd sara

how could you make me laugh at a time like this?!?!?!

hahahahaaa that fucking fox news shit is GOLDEN

now back to the deadly storm.

effing sucks.

i dunno if any of your articles mentioned this, but katrina had the second lowest baromentric pressure ever recorded for a hurricane

since hurricanes are measured like that, it makes it the second most powerful storm on record.

i really hope the dome fucking stays put.

really.

we are in a heap of trouble for the next few years.

hurricanes move in cycles [literally]

they don't do much for ten to fifteen years

then there's a decade of brutal lashing.

obviously, that'd be where we're at...

check it out, "Lee" is already on Katrina's heels

and another african wave or whatever it's called, is prolly gonna make "M..."

tropsat_600x405.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/stormcente...na_x.htm?csp=34

katrina-flag-inside.jpg

katrina-superdome-inside.jpg

On historic Jackson Square, two massive oak trees outside the 278-year-old St. Louis Cathedral came out by the roots, ripping out a 30-foot section of ornamental iron fence and straddling a marble statue of Jesus Christ, snapping off only the thumb and forefinger of his outstretched hand.

unfreakin beleebable

no matter how bad they say it's going to be..this shit still shocks me...

from cnn

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/29/hurr...rina/index.html

The Associated Press reported that entire neighborhoods along the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain were flooded, and residents had scrambled onto the roofs of their shotgun-style houses.

"I'm not doing too good right now," Chris Robinson told the AP via cell phone from his home east of the city's downtown. "The water's rising pretty fast. I got a hammer and an ax and a crowbar, but I'm holding off on breaking through the roof until the last minute. Tell someone to come get me please. I want to live."

"Because the water is so deep, boats are floating up the street," Tuchman said. "There is extensive damage here. This is essentially right now like hell on earth."

"There is intense damage," he said. "We are watching the dismantling of a beautiful town."

CNN's Rob Marciano reported extensive damage in Biloxi, east of Gulfport. "Just a few minutes ago, the wind, surely over 100 mph, peeled roofs off, hurling 6-by-8 sheets of plywood into our parking lot, blowing out the windows of SUVs," he said.

he U.S. Coast Guard said it has received reports that Katrina has set adrift one, and possibly two, unmanned off-shore oil drilling units in the Gulf of Mexico.

Crude oil futures topped $70 early Monday as Katrina forced oil workers to evacuate rigs in the Gulf of Mexico and threatened a major U.S. tanker port. The price of a barrel of crude soared in electronic trading in New York and on Asian markets, rising nearly $4 over Friday afternoon's close as the storm churned toward New Orleans, a main hub that accounts for a quarter of U.S. oil and gas production.

may god, nature, or whomthefuckever help them