katrina

saraday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

charlotte rebuilt after ..andrew? and it was devastated.

they weren't sure they'd ever get back to normal, but they did.

new orleans will rebuild.

it's just going to take a lot of time.

flood waters generally recede

the problem is, the water has to go a long way back to the gulf/rivers, and it's going to take days, weeks?, because those waters were also filled to capacity by the hurricane

Originally posted by ODS-1@Aug 30 2005, 12:28 PM

CNN has just said that a man has jumped to his death inside of the superdome.

i just heard that..

water is starting to fill downtown from the levee breach and the water is beginning to surround the superdome.

so much for the saints making it to the playoffs.

:(

quoting mayor ray nagin from fox news:

the entire school system for the entire metro area is now defunct.

17th street canal flood wall has collapsed.

largest pumping station may go out.

it will take at least 2 weeks to start getting water out.

we may lose the entire city.

I just talked to some kin i got in magnolia, they sayin that the projects are fuuuucked up, course no coverage on them because what does fox news and cnn give a fuck about them niggas? but anyhow, nigga sayin shit is crazy, fuckin niggas actin crazy as fuck, lootin and robbing all kinds of shit, talkin bout the police basically sayin stay the fuck inside or we gonna shoot you (marshall law). How the fuck you can stay inside the whole time this shit goin on, when you got babys that need diapers and milk, no fuckin food, no electricity. wtf! shit is fucked man..prayin for my folk man

Doggod! It happened!

From what I hear, those pumping stations are built to deal with flooding from rain.... not from hurricane busted ass levees. The whole city is 2ft below sea level. The problem with deltas is that in a situation like this, the pressure from all the flooding can push the delta even lower below sea level because of the thousands of years of sediment pushing down the earths crust, which is resting on viscous magma, which can be displaced. The city may be even further below sea level now.

People were saying there should have been mass transit for the people not able to evacuate, like use the school buses or something... but the problem was funding...

This is fucked. I feel like going out and buying a raft and driving down there. But I hear the few highways still intact are fucking packed. What the hell...

I saw footage of a mile long bridge clean gone! In the middle of mississipi! Nothing left but the stanchions!

The hole in one of the levees is 212 feet long, they don't know when the hell it will be fixed. Until it's fixed the water will keep rising in NO until it reaches the level of Lake Ponchatrain which is 17.3 ft or some shit like that.... I would highly recommend people get the fuck out of dodge.

Originally posted by Seldoon@Aug 30 2005, 04:01 PM

I just talked to some kin i got in magnolia, they sayin that the projects are fuuuucked up, course no coverage on them because what does fox news and cnn give a fuck about them niggas? but anyhow, nigga sayin shit is crazy, fuckin niggas actin crazy as fuck, lootin and robbing all kinds of shit, talkin bout the police basically sayin stay the fuck inside or we gonna shoot you (marshall law). How the fuck you can stay inside the whole time this shit goin on, when you got babys that need diapers and milk, no fuckin food, no electricity. wtf! shit is fucked man..prayin for my folk man

You're a fucking idiot...Learn to speak some english you stupid fuck. Your people or should I say "niggas"?? dont have to rob and loot shit...I understand looting for food, but they're taking everything..I just saw on cnn where a walgreens was looted and guess what they went for?? Money and Drugs....The city is under Marshall law because of idiots like your "niggas" that are breaking into homes and stealing peoples shit...

I grew up in NOLA and have talked to quite a few people that had sense enough to get out...And they're worried about your "niggas" breaking in their houses...

You're an ignorant dumbass, that some how spun a national tragedy into a racism issue...Fuck you!

I'm going to venture a guess that the death toll is in the tens of thousands from this hurricane....

And by the way they are covering the looting.....

But if I was in that situation and I had to trade a TV to get outta town you better believe I'd be doing it.

The people I see looting on the news aren't looting for food or milk(which would be spoiled by now anyway)...I'm sure their babies need tall cans and cases of beer, shoes and cigarettes...

Holy shit, we have some stupid fucks that post on this board..

And I havent heard from Grimey but I'm sure he had enough sense to get out.

I don't know... I haven't heard from grimey and I don't know how to get ahold of him.

I think it's stupid people are complaining about looting when people don't even have food and water. Within the next day or two we are going to start seeing casualties from dehydration and malnourishment and from disease, which could be far more devastating as far as human life goes.

who the fuck cares about some stock inventory which is probably not going to make it anyways.

Originally posted by villain@Aug 30 2005, 08:15 PM

But if I was in that situation and I had to trade a TV to get outta town you better believe I'd be doing it.

There is no way out of the city at the moment, so a TV wouldn't get you far. Have you seen shots of the twin span?? Any dumbasses shot tonignt for looting deserve to be shot. Their only making a bad situation worse. I hate stupid fucks like that. :hatred:

Originally posted by SCRAWBURRY@Aug 30 2005, 08:30 PM

The people I see looting on the news aren't looting for food or milk(which would be spoiled by now anyway)...I'm sure their babies need tall cans and cases of beer, shoes and cigarettes...

Holy shit, we have some stupid fucks that post on this board..

And I havent heard from Grimey but I'm sure he had enough sense to get out.

POSSIBLY BY TOMMOROW THIS SHIT WILL BE UNDERWATER ANYWAYS. LET THE PEOPLE TAKE WHAT THEY WANT OR NEED.

as of now, new orleans seems like it'll be a total loss

it will have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

most of my friends (including me) are relocating elsewhere in the state/country.

i'm donating lots of my clothes to red cross.. i'm donating blood tomorrow and i'm setting up a benifit concert with proceeds going to the red cross.

if you guys could please do the same, the gulf coast would appreciate it.

we are all devestated. even though i moved home from nola months ago, i'm feeling very emotional because i'm seeing my home fall apart before my eyes.

Originally posted by villain@Aug 30 2005, 08:31 PM

I don't know... I haven't heard from grimey and I don't know how to get ahold of him.

I think it's stupid people are complaining about looting when people don't even have food and water. Within the next day or two we are going to start seeing casualties from dehydration and malnourishment and from disease, which could be far more devastating as far as human life goes.

who the fuck cares about some stock inventory which is probably not going to make it anyways.

Look asshole I wasn't talking to you...But peoples homes are getting broken into and that is the main thing I'm talking about here...If you took my comments to heart maybe they were meant for you.

I dont give a shit about the stores inventory...But the fact some ignorant asshole is like they dont give a fuck about the people in the projects is bullshit...Are you watching the news? Who's being rescued?

That's what I thought.

yeah when they cover the projects it's looting this, looting that, we will punish them to the fullest extent of the law.... everyone should be focusing on getting the fuck out and not trying to salvage some bullshit. sure i understand looting someones home is different but this is all a lost cause anyways. people are dropping dead guy. who the fuck cares about looting? only the man, who will say "fuck em, they deserved to die anyways"....

asshole.

Originally posted by villain@Aug 30 2005, 08:42 PM

yeah when they cover the projects it's looting this, looting that, we will punish them to the fullest extent of the law.... everyone should be focusing on getting the fuck out and not trying to salvage some bullshit. sure i understand looting someones home is different but this is all a lost cause anyways. people are dropping dead guy. who the fuck cares about looting? only the man, who will say "fuck em, they deserved to die anyways"....

asshole.

Blame it on the man.. :haha:

should this thread be moved to crossfire?

the bottom line is: nola is GHETTO, people are going to loot even if they don't realize that they will be under 7 more feet of water in the next few hours. people are going to loot because that's all they know.