The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

went skating today, shredding like a beast and then i snapped my new board on a nollie flip.

I've done exactly that before.

It's like "how the fuck do you snap a board on a nollie flip???"

Then I noticed that there wasn't enough glue in the spot where it broke.

I took that shit back to the shop and showed them, and they replaced it.

dude i know right?!

im gonna go grab a new one tomorrow and hope they at least give me a discount on a new deck.

but i pretty much annihilated the board after breaking it,

all i have left of it is the tail and nose attached to the trucks, i still have the receipt so well see what happens.

And how would you even get to it?

Looks like you'd have to jump from the railing, and have somebody throw you your board.

Or maybe climb up those rafters in the back.

it is quite sketchy. you have to stand on a rail on the other side, and kind of pull yourself up to it. it is like a 20 foot drop down to the bottom, but it is skateable. i was drunk when i skated it, so it didn't work out like it should have.

dude i know right?!

im gonna go grab a new one tomorrow and hope they at least give me a discount on a new deck.

but i pretty much annihilated the board after breaking it,

all i have left of it is the tail and nose attached to the trucks, i still have the receipt so well see what happens.

Haha... good luck with that.

Even if you're homies with the shop owner, I don't think they're gonna hook it up

if you bring in the nose and tail talking bout it snapped on a nollie flip. :lol:

Next time your board breaks on some suspect shit, put a leash on the focus monster and

look at the shit first to make sure you can't find some defect that caused the shit to break so easy.

If there's a defect, you can usually get a replacement. Especially if it's a shop board.

Even if you have to mail the shit to the company, I'd think it's worth the hassle.

one day it just hit me that you look like a whiney little dick when you let the monster get the best of you. so i stopped that action. luckily.

True story.

My monster still gets it in occasionally after the board's already broken though.

The worst is when your board is jacked and some asshole focuses his still new board

right infront of you just cause he couldn't land a trick.

It's like "damn, you coulda just focused my shit and let me have yours".

That shit pisses me off.

That shit happened today.

I dunno how common this is, but I was wondering if anyone on here has started a small skate company. Me and a few good friends have been talking about it for a while and it seems like a good idea. Three of the four of us are pretty good at art shit and the other one kinda just tags along and makes us laugh haha. I figure it will just be a local thing. The scene around here is blowing up and I figure I might as well try to make some money selling kids boards for less than what they pay for for a pro deck or something and hopefully having boards with good designs. Does anyone have any advice other than not to do it? And if you think I shouldnt give me a good reason and I won't. I am pretty set on the idea. Plus it will give me something to do when it rains this summer haha.

I dunno how common this is, but I was wondering if anyone on here has started a small skate company. Me and a few good friends have been talking about it for a while and it seems like a good idea. Three of the four of us are pretty good at art shit and the other one kinda just tags along and makes us laugh haha. I figure it will just be a local thing. The scene around here is blowing up and I figure I might as well try to make some money selling kids boards for less than what they pay for for a pro deck or something and hopefully having boards with good designs. Does anyone have any advice other than not to do it? And if you think I shouldnt give me a good reason and I won't. I am pretty set on the idea. Plus it will give me something to do when it rains this summer haha.

If you have the funds to get hooked up with a board manufacturer that actually makes good boards, then I say go for it.

Most skaters could give a fuck about the graffics, but if your decks are legit you might be able to pull a little following.

Just don't actually paint the decks, get them printed. Actual paint on a deck makes it hard to do railslides and tailslides and shit.

I wouldn't go into it expecting it to pay your bills, but a little suplimental income never hurt anybody.

Just don't charge any more than $25-$30 a deck if you're going to be selling out of your trunk.

And take measures to not let your boards get warped while they're sitting around (ie don't leave them in your trunk or sitting at fucked up angles).

DAO , the sole is different from the original Chucks . Although it looks similar . They used a thicker compound on the Converse CTS . So far they've been great . I'm going with a more " streetish " setup and loving it , it's been a while...lol

7.75" Real Ramondetta , I wanted the Huffnagel one but it was sold already

quarrel-ramon.jpg

OJIII Juice 58mm

wheels_OJorange.jpg

Brand new Indy 149's that I took off my Creature .

Indy149Stage10.jpg

Bone Medium Bushings . I absolutely recommend these , because Indy Bushing are garbage .

HCbushings-Med-2T.jpg

I have to charge my camera because this board has so many colors going on , it looks like it's from the 80's . :lol:

True , but the Orange suck for the street and general cruising around . In 22 years of skating , I've yet to find the perfect " all around " setup , it's like a mythical creature that doesn't exist . Right now I'm looking at 4-6 different setups in my house , and they're all over the place in terms of sizes , etc...I think every true skater should have multiple setups just to skate whatever is out there , be it a nice Hubba/Bank , Mini-ramp or full on cement park like Burnside or FDR . :cool:

I think a true skater can ride one set up in any spot haha.

A friend opened a shop/company. He makes boards an shirts. He does pretty good. Got a mini ramp in the back. Put together a team. He store did get broken into and cleaned out by crackheads because of the location. But he swears it's gonna pay off with the olympics.