The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

whitehalls still around, and pretty fun although alot of the stuff is seriously crumbling. the one funbox thing is seriously a pile of broken wood now. the ground there is perfect, thats one of the main reasons i like it. and it seems to not get as crowded with little kids as FDR and pops park has been getting, although there was one day we were up there dodging bikes, razor scooters, snakeboarders, and even a kid on rollerskates. it was redicullous.

Just wondering ...if any of you under 25 ever wear shorts when you skate ??

Old men I'm curious about your input as well.

It seems like it used to be more common and no big deal but these days no one likes to do it.

Worried about getting shinners wearing shorts, does a thin ass layer of fabric really buffer that much shinner shock out ???

Even the TPWF's in Arizona seem to only wear full pants in that 120 degree heat.

I love wearing shorts skating ... during the summer only time I rock pants is at parks that let you roll no knee pads if you are in pants.

i'm a youngin and used to despise wearing shorts. under no condition would i ever decide to wear them despite the hot humid heat the day offered. nowadays i could care less and wear whatever.

as for them tpwfs you speak of, i'm pretty convinced that it's just a style issue they're dealing with.

I own one pair of shorts, and only wear them when it's insanely hot outside. Otherwise i always wear pants. Just personal preference. I don't feel like a layer of fabric will protect my legs, but shorts just feel weird when skating. I look damn good in a pair of khaki shorts, though.

Back in the early 90's everyone wore shorts. They were basically clamdiggers back then, so I'm not sure if it counts.

Just wondering ...if any of you under 25 ever wear shorts when you skate ??

Old men I'm curious about your input as well.

It seems like it used to be more common and no big deal but these days no one likes to do it.

Worried about getting shinners wearing shorts, does a thin ass layer of fabric really buffer that much shinner shock out ???

Even the TPWF's in Arizona seem to only wear full pants in that 120 degree heat.

I love wearing shorts skating ... during the summer only time I rock pants is at parks that let you roll no knee pads if you are in pants.

...so im the TPWF in az eh?

lol, dude for me i could give a fuck about the whole style issue thing.

i just cant skate in shorts, it doesnt feel right too me.

AND I FUCKING HATE SHINNERS.

i always wear pants when i skate.

no matter what the weather is.

last week we had a terrible humidity wave and i still rocked pants.

i went home every day looking like i pissed all over myself.

but i didnt give a fuck.

I wasnt asking on a style level at all (Oh I wear ____ when I skate)... I could give a fuck about my own, much less anyone else's personal taste in clothes.

I have just heard comments from other skaters when I'm out about how they would never feel comfortable skating in shorts. They tend to cite shinners as the reason why ... So

I thought ch0 would be a good slice of views on the subject.

I couldn't imagine choosing pants to skate when its over 70degrees out.

This whole thought was solely on the comfort level, not appearance.

I wasnt asking on a style level at all (Oh I wear ____ when I skate)... I could give a fuck about my own, much less anyone else's personal taste in clothes.

I have just heard comments from other skaters when I'm out about how they would never feel comfortable skating in shorts. They tend to cite shinners as the reason why ... So

I thought ch0 would be a good slice of views on the subject.

I couldn't imagine choosing pants to skate when its over 70degrees out.

This whole thought was solely on the comfort level, not appearance.

shinners is my real honest to god reason.

when i wear shorts the thought of shinners is automatically drilled into my mind.

so then i tend to not do flip tricks.

and still end up getting shinners from grind tricks.

even if i roll my pant legs up when it gets too hot i automatically get shook to attempt flip tricks for fear of shinners. i fucking hate shinners.

See ...thats some bullshit, pussy fear ...I cant believe people think a piece of fabric (even denim) will dampen it that much that it looks uncomfortable on others and or changes your trick selection.

Some in the new gen are pussified about some silly shit ... but at the same time going way more crazy in other ways.

I was glad to hear how many oz'ers are down to be comfortable in the heat.

Twinkie singled out again :D

See ...thats some bullshit, pussy fear ...I cant believe people think a piece of fabric (even denim) will dampen it that much that it looks uncomfortable on others and or changes your trick selection.

Some in the new gen are pussified about some silly shit ... but at the same time going way more crazy in other ways.

I was glad to hear how many oz'ers are down to be comfortable in the heat.

Twinkie singled out again :D

im not a pussy for not wanting split shins.

if i thought wearing pants over shorts wouldnt soften the blow on my shins,

then i wouldnt wear pants when i shred.

this topic is like any other topic that would be pitting comfort vs possible harm that can be slightly reduced based on wearing something else.

would you go into a war without a bulletproof vest on just because it was slightly uncomfortable?

either way.

call it a personal preference, if you will.

this whole topic is pointless.