The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Its the futurists standing in front of the museum (wearing tight pants) screaming "Burn it to the ground!!!"

Where anyone who has years upon years invested has awoken to see the greater depth when you keep history close to your heart, and continue to grow from there.

We are all correct it just depends how far you have cared to look into it and appreciate it.

I pull some of that old shit out when I play younger kids SKATE, if you know it why not.

I might get hated on by the older cats for saying this, but I think all that no comply, boneless, handstand shit is dumb as fuck. Sure, it's hard. I guess. But we're no longer living in the 90's or 80's. I respect the pioneers like Mike V, but it's 2009. Niggas are grinding UP handrails for christ sake. Much respect though.

I might get hated on by the older cats for saying this, but I think all that no comply, boneless, handstand shit is dumb as fuck. Sure, it's hard. I guess. But we're no longer living in the 90's or 80's. I respect the pioneers like Mike V, but it's 2009. Niggas are grinding UP handrails for christ sake. Much respect though.

this dude cant no comply or boneless

stfu_noob-1.jpg

this dude cant no comply or boneless

I can no comply back 3 and no comply big heel.

I'm not hating on boneless' because they're old, I just don't like them.

ANYWAY, here's my friend Chris. He's blowin' up.

Recently on transworld.

i feel like the argument over this game of skate has gone on about 2 pages too long. shit was way dope, i was more surprised that boozentits swept thomas. i had him winning, i just thought thomas would land something.

and i feel like i'm right in the middle of the age debate of old school and new school. because i obviously haven't been getting down for as long as dao or celt, but i have been for 10+ years and wear pants that are neither tight nor baggy, they fit comfortably. i didn't grow up doing boneless' but i did start well before a tony hawk game was out. it's like i'm in the limbo of these arguments, i agree with a lot of the stuff on both sides.

/toolongofarantONER

edit: lolz at someone thinking the song for that danny supa advert was a remix of shimmy shimmy ya, and couldn't realize that was the sample rza used

I THINK THIS IS ABOUT WHERE I FALL IN THE TIME LINE TOO HAHA

People are still using no complys and bonelesses and shit in new and awesome ways. Hating on a trick just because it's "old" isn't a good reason. Plus, big bonelesses in bowls will always be awesome.

It's also crazy how some of the newest tricks in skateboarding are hated on as being "old".

Like presureflips and impossibles.

I see impossibles making a comeback, but like 10-15 years ago you were considered a kook if you still did them.

But now it's cool again.

Same thing with late shove-its and late flips. They were the hot shit in 92, but if you were still doing them in 95 you were a kook.

Now that shit's back and you see mad kids doing them.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprized if a few years from now fingerflips and nocomply tailslides are the "hot new tricks". :headache: