The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My ramp board is the same size as what you just posted, with the same exact trucks (but with the red bushings) and 52mm wheels.

And that's my battle axe for bowl skating. :lol:

DAO , I can't skate any wheel smaller than 54mm , it just doesn't feel right one bit . Most smaller wheels are thin , which are garbage to me , that includes Spitfire . I love the Real because the thing sticks to my feet like glue . I have a set of PIG Jason Adams I never skated and they're 55mm . I'm loving the 58mm OJIII's so far . I just got yelled at by broke-ass friends at the bar last night for buying something new at West Side Skates every week , lol . I guess there are worse things you can spend $$$ on .

“Skatopia” Film Premieres as Skate Park Owner Fights For Life

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/07/08/skatopia-film-premieres-as-skate-park-owner-fights-for-life/

21896425-21896428-slarge.jpg

((((picture gallery from orig. rs article: http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/21896513/welcome_to_skatopia_eightyeight/photo/1 ))))

Last year, Rolling Stone took a visit to Skatopia, an 88-acre skate park outside of Rutland, Ohio where many of the sport’s greats have come to marvel at the skate paradise owned by Brewce Martin. (Revisit Rolling Stone’s journey to Rutland in Welcome to Skatopia: Eighty-Eight Acres of Anarchy in the USA.) Skatopia: 88 Acres of Anarchy, a documentary about the unique skater heaven, premieres this weekend, but the debut will be as much of a tribute as it is a celebration: Martin was nearly killed last month when he suffered massive head injuries from an exploding tire.

While a rep for the film tells Rock Daily that Martin is improving, it may be years before Martin is fully recovered, and until that time the extent of the brain injuries will remain unknown. Many of New York’s best skateboarders will be on hand July 11th when Skatopia debuts at New York’s Tribeca Cinema. For more info on the film, check out its official Website. Also, be sure to check out Rolling Stone’s exclusive footage of the film.

Im not trying to do fucking detective work, who is lizards shoe sponsor? vox?

I wasnt trying to encourage detective work. I was being a fucking dork ....

Supra

Part of the contract was he is required to rock Supra T-Shirts all weekend at the contest.

So it will be hard to miss.

i bought the the first piece of skateboard equipment ive had in about 10 years the other day. ive been living off hand me downs and found in the trash stuff for a loooooong time and finally needed some wider trucks. i got indy 139s, and maybe its because its been a decade since ive skated actual brand new trucks, but it took most of a day for them to skate even close to normal. ive been hearing about how bad the stock bushings are- is that it, or do they really just need to be broken in real well?

new skatepark in philly, im stoked.

I was messing around at my local park today and a car full of guys pulls up that noone recognized (I am from a small town and I basically know everyone that skates the park) and these guys get out and start killing it. There's this one guy who was setting up a new deck and he was sitting right on the goddamn ledge but that doesn't matter. Anyways when he is done he goes who wants my old deck. The thing didn't look like it had been skated for more than a month. Of course everyone wanted it. But my current deck is shit and I have NO money so, I really fucking wanted it. Dudes like alright I'll just toss it up. He throws it and I fucking jump over everyone and snagged it. YES! New death wish deck that's hardly been skated. Fuck yes!

i bought the the first piece of skateboard equipment ive had in about 10 years the other day. ive been living off hand me downs and found in the trash stuff for a loooooong time and finally needed some wider trucks. i got indy 139s, and maybe its because its been a decade since ive skated actual brand new trucks, but it took most of a day for them to skate even close to normal. ive been hearing about how bad the stock bushings are- is that it, or do they really just need to be broken in real well?

new skatepark in philly, im stoked.

The stock bushings are dope, they just need to be broken in. For some reason though alot of diehard Indy heads hate them and switch them out.

The only reason I have the red bushings on my ramp setup is cause they came with the trucks when someone gave them to me.

Is this new park you speak of that Franklins Pain park down by the Art Museum that they been talking about building for the past decade?

How is it?

DAO , I can't skate any wheel smaller than 54mm , it just doesn't feel right one bit . Most smaller wheels are thin , which are garbage to me , that includes Spitfire . I love the Real because the thing sticks to my feet like glue . I have a set of PIG Jason Adams I never skated and they're 55mm . I'm loving the 58mm OJIII's so far . I just got yelled at by broke-ass friends at the bar last night for buying something new at West Side Skates every week , lol . I guess there are worse things you can spend $$$ on .

I'm the complete opposite (stating the obvious).

On street, I can't fucks with anything bigger than 50mm.

And even on ramps and shit, anything bigger than 52/53 feels weird and makes it harder to do blunts and ollies and shit.

When I was a kid it was easier to adapt and get used to shit, but as I'm getting older I'm stuck in my ways.

Drunken Asshole: nah, im talking about a spot called Pops park up in kenzo/port richmond area just below lehigh. its not finished yet, and i dont have a whole lot of experience with parks but its pretty fun to me. the major drawback is that if feels kinda small, which it is but its almost a miracle the city gave them even that much land to build on. it sorta feels like they tried to put too much stuff into the space, but the transitions are smooth and well done and theres some crazy crap to ride there too. you should look it up online, theres a layout of it somewhere on facebook or something. they are going to recreate the affro banks tooth spot, brick and all.

as far as i know that franklins paine park is still a go, but they need a ton more money. theres been a bunch of materials and equipment sitting inside a square fence right near the art museum for months, but no sign of a park yet. i think its coming though....

as far as i know that franklins paine park is still a go, but they need a ton more money. theres been a bunch of materials and equipment sitting inside a square fence right near the art museum for months, but no sign of a park yet. i think its coming though....

They been saying that for the past 10 years.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I think my boy was telling me about the Kenzo park like a month ago.

Doesn't sound like my flavor, but I guess it's better than nothing.

I'll google it.

about the same is not the same,

i dont care either way. my pants are my pants,

i dunno why you are concerned with them

About the same is like a 1/2 size difference tops.

You're still rockin skintight pants.

That makes you a TPWF.

And you seem alot more concerned with this than I am.

I was just laughing at somebody else's post who first pointed it out.