The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Sponsoring and filming the local unknowns who have serious talent and a possible future in skateboarding wouldn't hurt for spreading your rep on some word of mouth type shit too.

Might help get your foot in the door with the local shops, and then eventually the not so local shops once you put out a video.

that and.

i dont want to sound cheesy but get a few hundred stickers printed with your companies logo and name on them. and just try to get them up as many places as possible like parks and skatespots. its really the best advertising and to gets the name of your company out.

I'm going with a more " streetish " setup and loving it , it's been a while...lol

What's funny is that I had to set up a "ramp board" to skate my homies bowl, cause my street setup is too wimpy for that shit.

Bigger wheels, wider trucks, wider deck.

My ramp board is the same size as what you just posted, with the same exact trucks (but with the red bushings) and 52mm wheels.

And that's my battle axe for bowl skating. :lol:

fucking worst session ever haha.

fuck switch tricks for DAYS. fuck them so much.

anyway I guess the moral of this story is never underestimate the value of stretching/warm up tricks?

I went straight to trying harder stuff and the whole session was fucked from there on out.

I've done exactly that before.

It's like "how the fuck do you snap a board on a nollie flip???"

Then I noticed that there wasn't enough glue in the spot where it broke.

I took that shit back to the shop and showed them, and they replaced it.

im 6'5" and wear a size 13. that shit happens on the regs

fucking worst session ever haha.

fuck switch tricks for DAYS. fuck them so much.

anyway I guess the moral of this story is never underestimate the value of stretching/warm up tricks?

I went straight to trying harder stuff and the whole session was fucked from there on out.

I always have to warm up on little bullshit before I can skate.

Like rolling around doing little 180's and shovits and shit just to get my blood flowing right.

But then again I'm fucking old.

When I was like 19 I could just bust right out without warming up or nothing.

Hop out the car and just step to gaps and stairs and shit.

Same clip larger screen

So Lizard comes into the office ... my cousin asks him whats up.

He replies "Just trying to keep it passionate"

ps. He has a new shoe sponsor ... check the Maloof Cup coverage to see who.

He didn't even pull it off. Nigga fell on his ass and was celebrating like he did it.

If he came that close, he shoulda kept at it till he pulled it off.

Especially if he's gonna make a video about it.

I cant argue with that ...I felt similar ... you fell right at the bottom of the landing ramp ... in any other situation in skating that isnt a pull.

However that gap is no joke .... so I could see calling it a day, or they are holding the footage of the complete roll away for another more full length video.

I just found it funny that he is all about "Passion" right now. When I heard that shit I couldn't help but chuckle.

And since I had the link to the larger view thought I would share.

I'm assuming he bailed so he didn't go launching off the quarter pipe and killing himself. When you have that sort of speed, you're going to get huuuge air on a quarter pipe of that size, and we've all seen what can happen when someone slams on the quarter after the super ramp. The fact that anyone is willing to huck themself at that is impressive in itself, especially when they aren't someone who regularly (if ever) skates any sort of large vert.

edit: 7k.

I'm assuming he bailed so he didn't go launching off the quarter pipe and killing himself. When you have that sort of speed, you're going to get huuuge air on a quarter pipe of that size, and we've all seen what can happen when someone slams on the quarter after the super ramp. The fact that anyone is willing to huck themself at that is impressive in itself, especially when they aren't someone who regularly (if ever) skates any sort of large vert.

edit: 7k.

True, but if you're going to make a video event out of it then you might as well at least try to pull it off. Especially after comming that close.

He coulda just not pumped and did a kickturn on the quarter.

If he can handle the drop in and the gap, then he can handle a kickturn.

Or at least bail and kneeslide out after riding up the other side.

I don't think that was a bail.