The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

All this shit talking on peoples sizes seems like silly ass 90's hate to me.

Watch Neen's first try friday ... Different set up's for different applications.

I have had times where I have a transition set up (8+, 149's, 54mm+) and a flat/ledge set up(7.75,139's,50mm). Need to set up a strictly pool board (8.5, 169's, 60mm)

Skateboarding is versatile ... skaters should be too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
All this shit talking on peoples sizes seems like silly ass 90's hate to me.

Watch Neen's first try friday ... Different set up's for different applications.

I have had times where I have a transition set up (8+, 149's, 54mm+) and a flat/ledge set up(7.75,139's,50mm). Need to set up a strictly pool board (8.5, 169's, 60mm)

Skateboarding is versatile ... skaters should be too.

Remember trying to find wheels bigger than 52mm in 1992-1993 ? I do and I had a shitload of 60-63mm wheels and was laughed at by some people , but I also made a killing selling them , trading them for things . I have so many setups , ok maybe 3 right now . I don't skate street like a lot of you guys and my idea of street is straight out of " Streets On Fire " , cruising around Cleveland doing fast-plants , slappies , boneless , etc...lol . :lol:

Tell me about it , everyone riding 39-42mm wheels , trying to think they were skating Pulaski Park in D.C....lol . I never really progressed in skating street during the mid to late 90's . I just skated and still do skate , the same way I did when I started . Granted I'll throw in a Heelflip here and there , but I skate fast and grind hard , which is all I know to do anymore . :cool:

• Like 1

I forget my deck name, but its a 7.5,

i've been rolling on the same trucks for like 8+ years now, Grind king.

I try my mates gear and, my trucks are just awesome makes the board feel a lot lighter. Also been rolling on the same wheels for ages too, almost rolling on bearings. Spitfire.

been through lots of decks though.

Remember trying to find wheels bigger than 52mm in 1992-1993 ? I do and I had a shitload of 60-63mm wheels and was laughed at by some people , but I also made a killing selling them , trading them for things . I have so many setups , ok maybe 3 right now . I don't skate street like a lot of you guys and my idea of street is straight out of " Streets On Fire " , cruising around Cleveland doing fast-plants , slappies , boneless , etc...lol . :lol:

As a youth growing up in So Cal I cant say I wasn't a sucker for the trends coming out of Wold Ind/ New Deal etc, proof positive in this photo.

Skate004copy.jpg

switch ollie in 92/93 ... having also grinded down old wheels to damn near bearing covers. With those Venture feather lights (that had the worst floating axle problem)

I have grown into someone who isn't a sucker for every flash in the pan trend, who started skating transition at 30, and just enjoy skating anytime I can. I still do lots of no-comply's mixed in with the tech flat-ground I can still manage to hold onto, but mostly only finding time for skate-parks these days.

Tell me about it , everyone riding 39-42mm wheels , trying to think they were skating Pulaski Park in D.C....lol . I never really progressed in skating street during the mid to late 90's . I just skated and still do skate , the same way I did when I started . Granted I'll throw in a Heelflip here and there , but I skate fast and grind hard , which is all I know to do anymore . :cool:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

soooooo true.....on the D.C./1994 reference. as a result...i was all about barely lacing my shoes and rocking ignorantly fat tongues when skating in adidas shell toes. however i have always been about big wheels. the smallest i ever rode were 49's.

I have grown into someone who isn't a sucker for every flash in the pan trend, who started skating transition at 30, and just enjoy skating anytime I can. I still do lots of no-comply's mixed in with the tech flat-ground I can still manage to hold onto, but mostly only finding time for skate-parks these days.

you and i are on the same page although i didnt start skating tranny at 30..although ive been trying to relearn how to do shit on tranny. and yes...those feather lights had the absolute worst axle slippage problem.

"Good week to live in new york city as a dude who shreds. fucking 30 years of thrasher show,

AND the new transworld premier. Fuck."

any word on how exactly to rsvp to this thing? i cant find any contact info

pretty sure it said something about it on the 12 homepage where i seent the article/video. check there.

too lazt for a link.