The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Great Pictures~

2159014593_e38366fb98_b.jpg

Breathtaking.

is this from Martha's Vineyard?

If so, I have a friend here at school who has another amazing shot of that tree. I will see if I can't take a photo of his print.

even if not the same tree. I'll post up is photo when I can. It is def worthy of this thread.

maybe this isn't felt by others, but my favorite part of that tree photo is the upper left corner. it's the red/yellow/orange leaves. i don't know why, but when i first saw it, that shit just jumped out at me, like it wasn't supposed to be there. great photo.

the mushroom cloud one above, another great. is there another cloud going off in the back?

is this from Martha's Vineyard?

If so, I have a friend here at school who has another amazing shot of that tree. I will see if I can't take a photo of his print.

even if not the same tree. I'll post up is photo when I can. It is def worthy of this thread.

I posted a few posts afterwards where its located and such:

Should've added more info for the tree pic, i was too awed by my discovery of it atm:

Southern live oak tree located in Angel Oak Park, in Charleston, South Carolina on Johns Island, one of South Carolina's Sea Islands. It is estimated to be over 1500 years old, standing 20 m (65 feet) tall, 2.47 m in diameter, and the crown covers an area of 1,580 m² (17,000 square feet). Its longest limb is 27 m (89 feet) in length.

It has survived countless hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and human interference. Angel Oak was damaged severely during Hurricane Hugo but has since recovered.

But pictures of more sick trees is certainly welcomed (I love trees).

Archived