The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Great Pictures~

^Shit`~ I did'nt even notice that.. crazed~

and that shot's of a desert that's seen some heavy wars, mass murders and mass suicides throughout history~ Definately a haughted feeling in that nothingness to begin with..

good eye man~

-

SudsMcDuff.. You're right 3/5 of those belong in the photo thread.. my fault.. I started the thread I should've known better.. guess I was just anxious to share~

Here's an addition which I can't take credit for taking but is funny and provocative at the same time..

poop2.jpg

Those surfer dudes seem to be real clustered together right before that big ass wave rolled underneath them. Id be willing to be someone got hit with someone else's board and died that day.

I doubt that. But heres some info on the spot.Its in tahiti. And Eating shit there is probably just as bad as pipe, if not worse. Ill pass. Their on the right because thats where the shoulder is to get out.

Teahupo'o breaks the mold, not only for Tahiti, but for the world as we know it. Millions of years ago, freshwater flowing from nearby mountains killed a large section of the surrounding reef, creating what is known as Passa Hava'e. The surf along the western side forms an unrideable closeout, but then again, that's what they said about Teahupo'o not so long ago. Teahupo'o's reef is shaped like your left arm if you're looking at your watch. The inside of your arm forms the lagoon while swells approach your upper arm from the left side. Depending on the angle, the wave either forms a flawless barrel or an inescapable nightmare. The more east the swell is, the better your chances of survival.

A pic, and its real. the vid is on surfline somewhere.

raimana.jpg

you should try looking in antique shops and thrift stores and places of that nature.

actually, you'd probably find a ton of pictures in army navy surplus stores. even if theyre not out you should try asking the people behind the counter, they always have cool shit they dont keep out.

^That Halsman pic of Dali is dope.

You could do this easily in Photoshop today, but Philippe Halsman did not - this was shot live.

It took 26 tries to get it over five hours - Halsman counted to four, Dali leapt, 3 assistants threw the cats,

one threw the water from a bucket and Halsman's wife held the chair. Its all done in the camera.

95165918_bad21d217f_b.jpg