Super Hero Hype

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

With the teaser trailer now online, Superhero Hype! has a few more bits learned about TMNT--the first all CG animated "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie--at Comic-Con in San Diego. We've also posted four new character posters that were on display, which you can find here!

- Writer-director Kevin Munroe was present and revealed five minutes of footage from the anticipated film, which is set after the second live action movie.

- He said that the film will feature hidden jokes from the comics and animated series.

- Splinter will be voiced by Japanese actor Mako. The other voices will be announced in a month, but they are not well-known celebrities.

- Shredder is not the villain in the story, though he does make an appearance, which might set up the conflict for the sequel.

- Expect Casey Jones and April to develop a relationship.

- Marco Beltrami is doing the score, and they are looking to create a theme for the "Turtles" CG movies, something memorable like the "Batman" theme.

- One of the scenes shown features a turtle dressed up for a kids party, and the kids beat him up, with one of the little girls kicking him in the balls. A lot of action scenes were also shown, like the turtles on skateboards, hang gliders, etc.

- The movie features a bat character and female ninja characters.

- There is a human villain, who may or may not be named Winter.

they (Warner Bros.) claim that this flick is going to be the darkest TMNT to date. and imo, the first movie was pretty dark, so the studio got my hopes up, but they will probably be let down. fucking hollywood!

From Quint on AICN: (sorta spoilers)

Guys, Venom is *** great... Let's start with him...

The footage opened with Topher dipping his fingers, crossing himself in a church. He looks completely distraught, eyes red... he looks like life has beaten him down. His voice wavers and he prays. He's alone in the church. He asks God for his help. "Please kill Peter Parker." Then a bunch of stuff happened that I'll get to in a second. The trailer ended with Topher and Venom.

There was a montage of quick clips of Tobey Maguire at the top of the bell tower ripping the black suit off him. The SPIDER-MAN 3 logo comes up and you think that's it... but then we saw some unfinished effects of the symbiote dripping down, falling towards Topher Grace who is looking up. One drop falls and hits his right hand, immediately wrapping around his hand. The bulk of the symbiote hits him and wraps around him, pulling him to the ground, totally engulfing him. A cut and the camera is low to the ground a good distance away. It Raimi-cams EVIL DEAD style towards the black bulking mass. As it gets near the mass, Venom's head whips up looking straight into camera, which doesn't slow down and ends up rushing into his mouth where it goes to black.

Venom's face. Exactly what you want to see. Big, big toothy mouth, bright white eyes. Looks just like the later McFarlane Venom face.

The design looks great, Topher was great in the church sequence as Brock... Count me totally psyched..

Could be ok, but not my perfect choice. Ledger has the capability to be great, anyone who was able to put down the homo-jokes for a minute and actually watch Brokeback Mountain would have seen this. But I am having a really hard time picturing him as the Joker.

Q: It was actually a very large C.A.A. [Creative Arts Agency] dinner we were attending. Ron Moore of Battlestar Galactica was there as was Damon Lindeloff and a bunch of other big time TV guys and some comic folk like Loeb, Vaughan and Cassaday, it was a fun time. Favreau was there as well and introduced himself and then we sat for dinner and, I kid you not, talked about Iron Man the entire meal and then some.

This guy gets it, he loves the character, he has embraced the comics’ culture and fandom and what he doesn’t know, he’s asking questions about. It was such a great feeling to know that one of my favorite characters was in the hands of someone so passionate about it. He kept bringing up the fans and what they would want to see. To this, he mentioned that he located Adi Granov because fans on his MySpace account suggested that Adi was an Iron Man visionary that he should look into and he did. Now, Adi finds himself in a position where he is really influencing the look of the movie.

The downside is that I can certainly see Adi becoming a big time Hollywood designer and us losing him from the world of comics, but if that happens, no one will be prouder of him than all of us here at Marvel.

Let me also add that Favreau is a heck of a guy, a real sweetheart and it was a pleasure to meet with him and chat about stuff.

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays07.html

• 2 months later...

Archived