Super Hero Hype

Weapon X

I would like to see a darker, more serious film version of the original Venom storyline. I like Sam Raimi, but I would want to see Venom in something more like Batman Begins, y'know?

Also, I don't know if anyone is into undergrounds, but I've always thought that Peter Bagge's Hate comics would make a pretty awesome movie or series.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the run of Hate 2 months ago, I loved every bit of it. Still haven't read volume 3 because it's out of print and sells on Amazon.com for 60 bucks used. I think it might make a good TV show, but you couldn't pack that much into a movie. Really, it makes a perfect comic and I don't know if you could translate a perfect comic into a television series.

what i dont get is how when marvel make movies they make the characters all wrong and change the story.... if i am not mistaken jessica alba in F4 should have blonde hair and be white. as should hallie berry as catwoman, she has blond hair and is white too. also, kingpin is white. and the way in spiderman he gets bit by a genetically mod. spider not a radioactive one. i am not a rasist, for from it, its just they should get it right!!!

WeapX, basically it's about a guy named Buddy who moves to Seattle and slacks around with a bunch of crazy friends, eventually he moves back to New Jersey with his girlfriend Lisa who's a total nut. But that's selling it short, it's really one of the best underground comics ever. It was also started before the Seattle grunge scene took off so that rules out any sort of "tag-along" status. Bagge just put out a book that collects the first 3 volumes of the trades since those have since been out of print, but are still easy to find except for volume 3 for some reason.

Thanks, ferm. I've heard a lot of good things about Scott Pilgrim from Toronto. Look it up if you have the chance.

Originally posted by gren1 bnc@Aug 19 2005, 02:14 PM

what i dont get is how when marvel make movies they make the characters all wrong and change the story.... if i am not mistaken jessica alba in F4 should have blonde hair and be white. as should hallie berry as catwoman, she has blond hair and is white too. also, kingpin is white. and the way in spiderman he gets bit by a genetically mod. spider not a radioactive one. i am not a rasist, for from it, its just they should get it right!!!

They did alter Sue Storm a bit, but it's her personality that I had issues with in the movie.

Fuck Catwoman. DC fucked up on that. It's not just her race they messed up - her name is supposed to be Selina Kyle, not whatever it was in the movie.

I didn't like how Kingpin was white, either, but it wasn't too bad. They fucked up a lot more than just that.

The Spider-Man thing was awesome, I thought. They're making a MOVIE, not a perfect adaption of the comic. I like to read different variations of the character mythology.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not really a superman fan, never really have been. that's the first teaser poster for the upcoming flick. i'm actually kinda looking foward to seeing it. though, it'll not be near as good as batman begins. i've always been a batman mark. i kinda don't like the modified supes "S" symbol. it's too "soft" i dunno!

• 5 months later...

spidey3small.jpg

"Superhero Hype! has your exclusive first look at a new photo from Spider-Man 3! You may think you're looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3. Tobey Maguire returns as Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3. Release date is 5/4/07."

Originally posted by Tough Love@Feb 28 2006, 01:41 PM

i like how they have my LEAST favourite bad guys on the spider man movie...

what about the lizard, scorpian venom rhino etc.....most of the others are just lame emotional wrecks.....yawn

Topher Grace will be playing Eddie Brock. I think he doesn't turn into Venom until the end of the movie.

I like Sandman. To me, it's all about make B and C list characters into really cool heroes/villains with a lot of depth. That's one of the things writer Peter David (X-Factor, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man) is known for. The Raimis aren't gonna fuck this up.

I also read somewhere that *Christopher Nolan's brother will be writing the Batman sequel. But what about David Goyer?

• 3 months later...

Archived