Super Hero Hype

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"March 29, 2005: According to AICN spies, Spider-man 3 will feature Sandman as the main villian, played by Thomas Haden Church: "Hey folks, Harry here... Multiple spies at Sony have confirmed that Thomas Hayden Church will indeed be playing SANDMAN. There's a ton of Sandman conceptual art all over the Spidey-offices!" Take this rumour with a grain of salt until an announcement is made official from SONY. -Thanks to 'Dimitri' for the heads up!"

I certainly hope that this Batman movie doesn't feature a token rave/nightclub scene.

IN OTHER NEWS, Marvel announces an Avengers movie.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=32681

The animated FF will debut with the release of Fantastic Four on DVD later this year, in order to continue the franchise until the sequel. “We won’t go dark between sequels,” Arad said.

^they plan on doing the same with Avengers, as an animated DVD is in the works.

In speaking about a live-action Avengers movie, Arad pointed out that the team has had numerous characters in it over the years, so developing a film won’t be a problem, even if some traditional “Avengers” characters are licensed to other studios, such as Iron Man and Thor.

How the heck do you make an Avengers movie without having Iron Man or Thor in it? Make it a West Coast Avengers movie?

Haha, awesome. I just re-read the Death of Superman trade after like 11 years since the last time I read it, man it was pretty bad but still iconic. Read the one after that where everyone deals with Superman's death, that was worse. Now I'm looking for the one that collects the issues when there was like 10 different Supermans running around.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah man...yo, did you read the batman begins trailer thread? I posted up a loose outline that Goyer wants for the next two batman begins movies. (spoiler ahead...)

He says that what will happen is Joker will be the villain in part 2, then go to trial in part 3.. This is where Joker will fuck up Harvey Dent and tragically turn him into TwoFace.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by joblo.com

Here's what we DO know about SPIDER-MAN 3. It stars Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace as villains. It's set for release on May 4, 2007. And that's about it, other than the obvious Tobey-Maguire-is-returning stuff. We presume this will be the last Raimi-directed SPIDER-MAN film and possibly the last Maguire/Dunst film as well, but we don't know that for sure. And we still don't know exactly what's going on with the villains. SuperheroHype has heard gotten a scoop though that the film will feature not just two but four villains in the film: Venom, Sandman, Hobgoblin and Vulture. It's relatively clear that Haden Church and Grace will be playing either Venom or Sandman. They could be positioning James Franco to somehow morph into Hobgoblin in a sort of altered version of the comic's events (where Harry became the "second" Green Goblin). As for Vulture...it sounds a little odd. Larry David had joked about being approached to star but I never really put much stock in that. I always figured they'd get Dylan Baker to reprise his Curt Connors/Lizard role in the third film. Either way, I think going all-out for the third and final film could be a great idea. Even though it's not the true Sinister Six, just give Spidey more villains than he can handle and make fanboys drool with glee. An announcement is expected to be made at ComiCon next weekend so stay tuned to JoBlo.com for more...

Originally posted by Hermdog@Jan 18 2005, 02:53 PM

You're forgetting the alltime classic super hero movie

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS

you should be ashamed of yourself..and yes it was a comic book made by variant back in the along with zelda and that nintendo power kid....

dude no..

just no

Originally posted by fermentor666@Apr 29 2005, 11:12 PM

Haha, awesome. I just re-read the Death of Superman trade after like 11 years since the last time I read it, man it was pretty bad but still iconic. Read the one after that where everyone deals with Superman's death, that was worse. Now I'm looking for the one that collects the issues when there was like 10 different Supermans running around.

hahaa..definite low point for DC, I remember all the hype around that..Local News running stories about the "death of superman" haha..

Originally posted by fermentor666@Jul 8 2005, 07:22 PM

Fantastic Four is getting totally panned.

I don't understand why. I liked it. I just didn't go in expecting an awesome, profound, soulful movie.

Really, it would have been so much better if there was just a half hour of character development, but I had fun watching it. Mission accomplished.

Wasn't there some inference to Eddie Brock (Venom) in the last Spider-Man?

Maybe I'm way off but I thought I remembered hearing his name or there being a character that wasn't introduced but was obviously supposed to be Eddie. Like how they did Gambit's name in the last X-Men.

• 3 weeks later...

It's already been established that Thomas Hayden Church is playing Chameleon (not Sandman) in the next Spider-Man movie. So which villain is Topher Grace, also cast, playing? Especially considering Sam Raimi's statement, "Topher Grace is an extraordinarily talented actor and will be perfect for the complexities of the role we are developing."

Chameleon is also being played by Topher Grace. There will be a big reveal half way through Spider-Man 3 that they're the same person, as Grace's character gets close to Mary Jane.

Back to your unsullied Spider-Man 3 viewpoint with you!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived