Super Hero Hype

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dayz is a Marvel man, eh?

Ultimate Spidey is definitly one of the best books out there. And the new Ultimates book by Millar is looking nice, too.

Astonishing X-Men

Wolverine

Y the Last Man

The Losers

Lore

Conan

Serenity Rose

Arsenic Lullabies (funniest shit ever)

Toetags

Powers

Hard Time

Anything by Steve Niles

it's hard not to draw venom and carnage well.. they're just cool characters... too bad carnage doesn't have more of a personality.

there's actually a comic book called spirts of vengence, that was called spirits of venom for a bit... it was ghost rider, johnny blaze, and venom, trying to save spiderman (well, venom was trying to kill him)... but johnny blaze is amusing.. he just talks about how much he wants to kill people the whole time and undercuts all their melodrama

What four part Venom and Carnage? You mean the original Carnage story line from the early 90's? Or did they meet again?

Yo, Vanity, did you read on that page how they're planning on a Watchmen movie? I can't make any thoughts on that since I don't read that stuff, but I've heard good things. Geez, I need to start collecting again. That shit would take more of my money than acohol and gambling combined, I bet.

Damn, I'm really out of it! I had the whole collection of the first one, when Carnage first came out.

off topic (again), but I own Amazing Spiderman #300 (first full appearance of Venom) signed in silver by Todd McFarlane. It used to be worth a lot, but hey, it's worth a good amount to me, regardless. It was high time Spidey went back to his red and blue costume.

So how is this new series?

it'll be interesting to see them pull off the watchmen... it def. ain't no kiddie comic.. but the director couldn't have much control... the comic is layed out so lovely, it's almost like watching a movie.

i just started reading through my old hulks.... he's currently battling mongo w/ the help of dr. druid

Originally posted by Æ°@Jan 19 2005, 05:55 AM

The ones I'm talking about are from 2004

BAC04001.JPGBAC04002.JPG

BAC04003.JPGBAC04004.JPG

Yea i really wasnt feeling these at all.. i had interest until the whole "TOXIN" character came out, just seemed that that there wasnt much thought put into the character - the carnage from the 90's seemed alot more malicious and insane.

what?! Where did you see this poster? And why didn't you take a flick of it?

I'm not mad at you - I'm fuming!

High Priest, why would this poster be disappointing? It's just a poster. A teaser poster, at that.

Also, I'm on the Starks Industries level in The Punisher. It's pretty nifty.

Originally posted by Vanity@Jan 18 2005, 10:57 PM

it's hard not to draw venom and carnage well.. they're just cool characters... too bad carnage doesn't have more of a personality.

there's actually a comic book called spirts of vengence, that was called spirits of venom for a bit... it was ghost rider, johnny blaze, and venom, trying to save spiderman (well, venom was trying to kill him)... but johnny blaze is amusing.. he just talks about how much he wants to kill people the whole time and undercuts all their melodrama

i have spirits of "venom part 3, web of spiderman".

i bought it a long time ago. the cover has venom, john blaze, and spidey,

with ghost riders face in the background. i want to check out the other parts.

i never got around to getting them.

I have some money to burn this week, so can anyone recommend me some comics to buy? I don't really feel like picking up a Wizard or calling old friends of mine.

I like really cool artwork and guns. No generic Jim Lee copy art, please, and nothing too childish.

What's Quesada doing besides being editor for Marvel? Is he pencilling anything? Covers? Vanity - SOMEONE - please recommend me something.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Jan 28 2005, 03:13 AM

what?! Where did you see this poster? And why didn't you take a flick of it?

I'm not mad at you - I'm fuming!

High Priest, why would this poster be disappointing? It's just a poster. A teaser poster, at that.

Also, I'm on the Starks Industries level in The Punisher. It's pretty nifty.

Search around for it online, its out there - it was def. not something that was put together to go with the release, just to hype the idea for the studio i suppose (it said 2005 on the poster - and Iron Man is set for 2006 so..) as far as why i was let down.. it looked like a really poorly produced cg iron man, im sure it wasnt what the final product will look like.

Thanks fermentor, I'm reading the sample .pdf right now. Looks pretty good. I'll look for it at the store tomorrow.

Hey, Deto, that's a pretty cool site you linked. Man, I thought they already signed Tom Cruise to play Iron Man. Now they're saying Simon Rex? I forget what he looks like.

After going ten years without buying more than two comic books in all, I've spent over a hundred dollars on books in the past two days.

Losers #20

The Watchmen trade paperback

Daredevil: Guardian Devil

Amazing Spiderman the current issue and the last one

latest Astonishing X-Men

and a whole bunch of stuff from the early nineties that was on sale.

Archived