Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

true for the D and the O, could have been polished up I think

but

a) I don't really care about it being readable or slightly unreadable, as it is for myself

b) !kyudo, what is complicated in that ?

I hate simple letters, they bore me out the second my pencil makes them

continue feedback please !

well, that aside, your work is messy so thats something you should work on.

You say you dont care if its readable but graffiti is letters therefore its based on structure. if you want to draw shapes go somewhere else and dont call it graffiti but if you want to draw letters it would do you well to learn basic structure first and work on crazy shapes later. I have seen so many people that never went through the basics properly to start with and spend years stuck inside the same ugly shapes because they have no basis from which to progress.

Did you come here to learn or just to reject feedback? Im not beefing with you, im just not entirely sure what you want to hear.

• Like 2

true for the D and the O, could have been polished up I think

but

a) I don't really care about it being readable or slightly unreadable, as it is for myself

b) !kyudo, what is complicated in that ?

I hate simple letters, they bore me out the second my pencil makes them

continue feedback please !

People don't say simple letters just so you can make simple letters for the hell of it, it's an important step in my opinion. People said the same shit to me on this site when I started, because I was trying to do some crazy wack ass shit like you just did. And even though I thought it looked awesome, it didn't even look kind of awesome. Starting simple helps you understand how a letter flows. From that simple you'll start to morph it and stretch it, and then come the extensions, etc. It's all a process. You don't have to start with simples, no. But starting simple and slowly morphing and moving the letters made me get pretty decent pretty quickly.

how can you hate making simple letters? some the best graffiti is straight letter work. and ALL of the good graffiti started with an understanding of letter structure.

thats a shit attitude that won't get you anywhere.

kirg: don't draw another arrow for atleast 12 months. throwing extra shit in doesn't distract from bad letters.

how can you hate making simple letters? some the best graffiti is straight letter work. and ALL of the good graffiti started with an understanding of letter structure.

thats a shit attitude that won't get you anywhere.

kirg: don't draw another arrow for atleast 12 months. throwing extra shit in doesn't distract from bad letters.

How should I fix up my letters? What's wrong with them?

If you don't understand how that would help you then you need to read the rest of this page and the page before. If you keep going the direction you're going, you're gonna be making garbage looking "Wildstyles" forever that have no flow, structure, balance, etc etc etc. Start simple, work your way into it.

Your letters don't have flow, a good structure, and you don't understand when to and when not to use extensions. Everyone does it in the beginning, everything thinks simple straights sound gay. But after a while you'll learn to appreciate them and how to make them look good.

Okay I'll take your advice, but is there any more specific advice you can give me? Like what exactly is wrong with the letters?

everything is wrong with your letters.

i'm not just being mean, i'm just bored and close to drunk so i'm participating in this thread.

the reason everyone says 'learn how to do straight letters' is because you can't deconstruct something until you understand how its supposed to be put together in the first place.

without a solid understanding of an engine I couldn't take it apart and put it back together in a working order--let alone make it more powerful or efficient or whatever? the same thought goes for letters. if you don't understand the significance of weight, balance, form, etc on every single letter you won't be able to make anything interesting.

you might learn to paint really well and have some really neat colors and effects, but your letters will still be shit.

make every letter you do 'sans serif', no extra shit ever. don't even worry about using more than 3 or 4 colors per page. once you understand a letter, which is something that is learned through practice and cannot be taught, you can move on to adding stupid fucking arrows all over the place.