Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
the first one you posted is terrible, stop trying to link your letters up until you're ready to do it.

the simples are meh, your U looks like a V

just keep at it.

yeah i wasnt happy with the first one i just wanted to show where i started from haha and i agree both the u and the g need a lot of work.. i dropped the completely straight letter style the other day and started fuxin with some curved letters so well see how that goes. thanks man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best advice to everyone is solid simple letters, learn that structure.

Lung - stop linking those letters together, also the way you weight the bars of your letters throws off my eye and stops any flow

Blondi - stop trying to run before you can walk. Look at writers like Kuma, rocks dope as fuck simples that is what you wanna aim for.

Torch, I like the Giraffe but the kick inwards on the end of the R just seems clunky, your simpler ones are better, the silver Torch with the connections needs some more consistency to the letters the C is really small

The Whut - lose some of those extensions they dont work

Ninja - I actually like that, best thing on this page

Baze - good solid simple man, that BA looks nice

well yea.. Since august of 2012 i caught the bug... bad.... i dont know any writers personally in my city and have a friend who writes but lives thousands of miles away. i would really appreciate any crits i can get... i have no idea what im doing.

IMG_2456_zpsfd9f1e95.jpg

the first thing i was taught was bars, meaning building your letters with well, bars. once you get that down its just a matter of fuckin around with it, messin with the flow or how you bend the letters, whether they are sharp angled or curved etc. but everything starts with bars.

just keep drawing, thats all you really can do.

• Like 1

to draw on what romero said: the reason everyone says start simple and stay simple is so that you learn letter form, not handwriting basics of "this is an R" but understanding balance and weight. You learn this through very basic use of bars, once you've got that you can start a slow manipulation of form.

don't worry about anything but the letters and basic 3d for a while. weird gas clouds and bubbles don't distract from shitty form.

i would try and make the other letters smaller in proportion to that k... that K is kicken but the other letters are too fat/big id say... i also think those fat arrows should be thinned out a bit like the other ones.. cool extensions though.... i need to work on mine......