Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Here’s one for the venture capitalists in the house — Optware, the developer of the HVD and HVC (Holographic Versatile Disc, Card) formats, has announced they’re launching a division over here in America. Both mediums use Optware’s patented “collinear technology” to store data using holograms, which in the case of HVD, allows for a 1TB capacity on a disc the size of a standard DVD. Optware says the theoretical maximum capacity of the discs is 3.9TB, and the transfer rate sits at about 1Gbps. They’re the real deal; sitting on the “HVD Alliance” with Optware are much bigger names such as FujiFilm, Toshiba, Alps, and Verbatim (a.k.a. Mitsubishi Kagaku Media). The company is currently looking for venture capitalists and partners, so: buy low, sell high.

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000297064448/

here's one for the cats on here who like to buy stock.

Originally posted by Mainter@Oct 13 2005, 10:41 PM

i like how they are now getting better about getting along with microsoft (if you cant beat em join em) i like the phone because its kool that you can have your itunes account go straight to the phone i do wonder how well the quality of the music is prolly 96 kb at best maybe 128kb but doubt it and if its APPLE why the hell would they use USB and not firewire for file transfer lol over all it was a halfass attempt to sell more itunes accounts........

just a quick question what is your option on free file sharing?

do you think

it is bad:

good:

dont care:

or shut the hell up that was a stupid question and you should already know the answer:

Yeah they are definitely trying to capatalize on the consumer appeal of iTunes especially with the new additions such as "gifting, etc" in iTunes 6. Overall, while this latest update may not have been the most innovative it was definately pratical from a business standpoint.

file sharings awesome..

i dont trust that free shit... you get what you should pay for, naw meen?

my windows explorer (not internet explorer) freezes and then has to close every so often.. fucking sucks because i think i dont have the available memory i need so my computer all spazzes out and quits working.. usually when azerus is working hard. id like to blame norton.

id just reinstall my os, but ive lost my cd and if i use an aftermarket one, im afraid id loose all of my data, even if i dont reformat... compatibility of xp being redesigned at different times in its production.. im not sure tho. any ideas?

ok some help here...

I just built a new computer and it seems that the fucker is possesed by SATAN!!!

None of my programs will work right, I keep getting random reboots, firefox crashes on me all the time, I cant get any of my games to work, tey always crash, I have trouble installing stuff all the time.(Anything from Battlefield 2 to the first Unreal Tournament)

Everyting in the box is new except for a cd-rom, and my master hard drive...

I think the hard drive may be the source of my problems, but I didn't think it would be responsible, for such a wide range of problems.

And I have only been running this tower for a day...

Usually I would be able to figure out what the problem is but all my drivers have been updated, and none of my hardware is acting up in the device manager.

Originally posted by ASER1NE@Nov 1 2005, 09:41 PM

How come when my computer is busy doing alot of shit at once it makes a weird clicky sound ..........?

You enabled "weird clicking sound".

Casek, huge problem I have here. The problem is, I'm not sure what the problem is. If situations comes to worst, I think my USB port or whatever is fucked. But then again it's probably just my USB cable wire. Both aren't in good condition really. For example, the covering to the USB port is off and missing and my USB cable wire is fucked. If I do purchase a new USB cable wire and I still can't scan shit, what do I have to do to get this shit working again?

I call it USB cable wire. It sounds normal to me. I don't know any hip computer bullshit lingo slang. So bare with me on all of this.

Fuck my little brother for fucking up my computer when I'm not home. Ugh, fuck life.

"emo out",

-J.

Originally posted by casekonly@Nov 1 2005, 02:21 AM

grim: check your bios updates, driver updates, etc.

anything could have anything to do with it, be it drivers, settings, etc,

all i can say is: start simple.

sf1: a port scan can be a bad thing. it's cool that whatever firewall you're using blocked it.

thanks for the advice, I know my complaint was kind of vague,

I think i have narrowed it down to my video card, and I am in the process of updating my bios, and chipsets hoping that it will stabilze my system

Originally posted by Yellow Feets+Nov 2 2005, 03:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yellow Feets - Nov 2 2005, 03:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ASER1NE@Nov 1 2005, 09:41 PM

How come when my computer is busy doing alot of shit at once it makes a weird clicky sound ..........?

You enabled "weird clicking sound".

Casek, huge problem I have here. The problem is, I'm not sure what the problem is. If situations comes to worst, I think my USB port or whatever is fucked. But then again it's probably just my USB cable wire. Both aren't in good condition really. For example, the covering to the USB port is off and missing and my USB cable wire is fucked. If I do purchase a new USB cable wire and I still can't scan shit, what do I have to do to get this shit working again?

I call it USB cable wire. It sounds normal to me. I don't know any hip computer bullshit lingo slang. So bare with me on all of this.

Fuck my little brother for fucking up my computer when I'm not home. Ugh, fuck life.

"emo out",

-J.

[/b]

You gotta narrow it down to one or the other - Try and find/steal/borrow another USB device such as a USB mouse/flash disk/camera/mp3 player and see if it works on your USB ports.

If it doesnt then they're prolly the problem.

alternativley you can take your scanner to another computer (again borrow find or steal) and see if this connects ok there - if not it's probably your wire thats fucked.

if both fail - it's probably both that are fucked.

Try installing the latest firmware and drivers for both.

- Balki - Check this :http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.vundo.html

mozilla firefox problem:

I consider myself pretty good with computers, but can't seem to get around this one. Anyway alot of stuff like graphics, photos etc on webpages don't showup. Instead a quicktime logo shows up in its pace with a question mark over it. Well I figured I needed updated or additional plug-ins particulaly the quick time player. A friend reccommended flash player update etc etc..

Anyway I did all theses updates and still the same thing. Its aggravating because I've been having to keep switching to explorer to view alot of pages...I tried fucking around with some of the security settings too, but no luck...

any suggestions?