Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by drsev+Nov 2 2005, 11:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (drsev - Nov 2 2005, 11:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Yellow Feets@Nov 2 2005, 03:49 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-ASER1NE@Nov 1 2005, 09:41 PM

How come when my computer is busy doing alot of shit at once it makes a weird clicky sound ..........?

You enabled "weird clicking sound".

Casek, huge problem I have here. The problem is, I'm not sure what the problem is. If situations comes to worst, I think my USB port or whatever is fucked. But then again it's probably just my USB cable wire. Both aren't in good condition really. For example, the covering to the USB port is off and missing and my USB cable wire is fucked. If I do purchase a new USB cable wire and I still can't scan shit, what do I have to do to get this shit working again?

I call it USB cable wire. It sounds normal to me. I don't know any hip computer bullshit lingo slang. So bare with me on all of this.

Fuck my little brother for fucking up my computer when I'm not home. Ugh, fuck life.

"emo out",

-J.

You gotta narrow it down to one or the other - Try and find/steal/borrow another USB device such as a USB mouse/flash disk/camera/mp3 player and see if it works on your USB ports.

If it doesnt then they're prolly the problem.

alternativley you can take your scanner to another computer (again borrow find or steal) and see if this connects ok there - if not it's probably your wire thats fucked.

if both fail - it's probably both that are fucked.

Try installing the latest firmware and drivers for both.

- Balki - Check this :http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.vundo.html

[/b]

Why, thank you, God.

I'll tell you how it goes.

haha counterproductive? nah. it's like that other onion skin type deal that i showed you guys called 'tor'.

the thing that bugs me about core is that it acts like a firewall on steroids with shareaza. anything that tries to connect to you while running it is instantly stopped and you are asked if you want to allow it or not. that is a problem when you ahve hundreds of connections trying to connect so you can download one little torrent .

so, what i'm saying is that this is like a firewall, only it's packet based.

xp's firewall sucks...

NAT is an acronym for Network Address Translation. This is where the router will source IP address going out from the internal private network to a public address that the Internet can access.

so, i'm the second computer behind the firewall. my ip shows as 192.168.1.101

the router is 100, the laptop is 102, etc.

you see, the router is its own computer (running a small linux distro) so, i'm fairly protected as far as that. things that need to be filtered are, and i'm kinda masked. i also use some other tools for protection, but only when i'm filesharing.

I forgot the password to my router, and I'm kind of hesitant with the idea of hard resetting it.

1. Is there any other way to retrieve the router password? (probably not, but I figure it'd be worth a shot to ask)

2. Is there anything negative that might happen as a result of hard resetting it?

It's not really that big of a deal, but I wanted to do some port forwarding to test out this program I'm making.

fratguyjoe: yes..you can recover some of your shit. http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/filerecovery.html

herbivore: hard resetting is sometimes bullshit.

try this http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/

not sure if you have a linksys, but most people do use linksys routers, so i thought that would be the best way to go about it.

as for the negatives of hard resetting, the only i can think of is that you have to redo all of your shit. so, if you have ports to open for shareaza, soulseek, and the like....

it's not a whole lot of trouble, but it is annoying.

if you still need help, let me know and i can get out the cracking tools and help you out further.

Originally posted by Herbivore@Nov 4 2005, 03:59 PM

I actually have a D-Link. I tried searching for a way to retrieve the password a while back, but couldn't find anything. Oh well... it's not really that important. Thanks for the help, though.

http://www.cirt.net/cgi-bin/passwd.pl?meth...owven&ven=Dlink

spectr: what up? you still got that flick of the train you caught in cali?

ugghh.. if it's already been posted..sorry... but i dont have time to read these thread with all these fucking popups..popups galore.

okay first.. i found 2 viruses that norton put in quarintine but i dont know how to get rid of it haha.. i mean once they are in quarintine does that mean the viruses will stop doing what there doing?

and then.. i have a popup blocker working on my explorer but still so many are coming through...

helppppppp

e-mail spam question:

I use outlook and have a comcast account. Anyway lately I've been getting e-mails that are totally blank, blank from: field, blank to: field, blank subject and body.

Because they are blank, but especially the "from" field, I can't block it or set up a filter rule, since it needs values in the "from" field. Thus I keep getting them and getting them..

Any advice? I tried googling and looking on outlook help, but found nothing...

Originally posted by alure@Nov 5 2005, 01:08 AM

ugghh.. if it's already been posted..sorry... but i dont have time to read these thread with all these fucking popups..popups galore.

okay first.. i found 2 viruses that norton put in quarintine but i dont know how to get rid of it haha.. i mean once they are in quarintine does that mean the viruses will stop doing what there doing?

and then.. i have a popup blocker working on my explorer but still so many are coming through...

helppppppp

i'm only going to answer alures

norton quarantining is like a good thing. they are away from your files.

pop up blockers....ugh...you need to get spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

install it, update it, run it, do all that jazz that it asks you to.

that should keep you kinda clean. remember to scan weekly.

how about calling your homie once in awhile, huh?

yellow feets. get a pci usb card thing. 2.0 say what

quote=John Birch,Nov 5 2005, 01:35 AM]

e-mail spam question:

I use outlook and have a comcast account. Anyway lately I've been getting e-mails that are totally blank, blank from: field, blank to: field, blank subject and body.

Because they are blank, but especially the "from" field, I can't block it or set up a filter rule, since it needs values in the "from" field. Thus I keep getting them and getting them..

Any advice? I tried googling and looking on outlook help, but found nothing...

USE THUNDERBIRD INSTEAD. http://WWW.MOZILLA.ORG

Originally posted by PUMPKIN ESCOBAR@Nov 5 2005, 01:43 AM

I'm sorry if this is retarded....

but yeah I downloaded a couple of albums and there in .rar format and I have no idea how to open these....I got WinAce and tried messing with it but I kept getting "error: bad block"...any help would be great.

http://www.rarlab.com download winrar.

use it.