Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

bf149088.jpg

2bd084f8.jpg

Right, there’s the paint in my patented and non scientific test: “Cunning is too lazy to shake the tins or wait for paint to dry…does it still come out ok?”

…and the answer is… Yes. Obviously. Oh and while the glare from the flash on the wet paint might suggest otherwise, it is actually a matt finish when it dries.

Even that light yellow came out nice and punchy. Definitely good coverage and nice thick paint. Controllable thin lines with the standard caps and the white covered well too. Have a look at the video here to see it in action.

Still no closer to figuring out the factory of origin as the details on the can only give the address of the distribution centre in Barcelona. So using my unrivalled powers of detection I’d say it’s Spanish.

Anyway it covers well, comes in 50 colours and I can happily recommend it as a good alternative to the main brands.

You can check out the whole range for yourself here.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again this is a common issue with the thicker paints if they sit for a few years. The clogging is from the pigment and so on collecting in the valve and at the bottom of the can. This is why leaving cans stored for long periods of time on they're sides or slightly tilted ( like in a paint rack ) can be key to long term storage.

As you noticed the 06 07 krylons are fine. Thats because the standard Krylon formula has less pigment or more thinner in the mix. maybe both.

A remedy to these clogged valves is actually very simple. If the cans still holds propellant.

Here's what to do.

Tip all the cans on they're lid and let sit for a day or 2. This is to let the built up sludge like paint in the can that's lose enough to move on its own by normal force of gravity while being flip up side down. After a day has passed. Shake the shit out of them all and store what ever your not going to use that day on its sides.

Now when you go to use some of these cans. You need to tap them on the head to help get the vavles unclogged.

Take the cap off, hold the can upside down and tap the top of the can on something hard a few time. ( Not to much force, you dont want to warp the valve head or worse have it pop. )

Take a "RUSTO FAT CAP" and blast the shit from the valve line out. Repeat as necessary until the paint runs smooth. You might go through a couple of caps. But big deal. You save a can.

Once the can sprays shake the shit out of it again. Get that old built up sludgr of pigment and what not mixing together.

If you still cant get it to spray. Then it could be the propellant has leaked out. That pretty much is the end of the line for most cans. But You can still gut the bitch and drain it for its paint.

Its really all common sense.

What happens in the can from sitting is all the heavy particles accumulate at the bottom of the can. Its a natural process and the heavier particles will end up at the absolute very bottom. Imagine it in the can as a soil sample you might see on the discovery channel. Were you see from the side of the sample, lines of slightly different shades of the same color staked up on them selfs. Thats pretty much what the paint is doing inside the can. What also happens and is very common. Is a tiny amount of air remains logged in the valve and drys the paint in the area in which it is. THis is from the filling process. Thats what you are tapping out. Again once you get it spraying shake it up real good.

One other trick to clearing the valve line is. Blow the clog in buy mixing some other paint into it. Best result is if you use a super heated up scrap can that is pretty much empty of all paint. Do it just like if you were mixing any other spray paint. That little bit of extra propellant you are adding isnt going to effect anything pressure wise for the most part. But this method is for the more experienced paint mixer.

Now in accordance with the standard way of just being. When reading these threads "and take no personal offence".

Go fuck your self. Thank you and Good luck.

Thanks for this post!

Quite interesting.. Thanks for sharing JUCA!

I still do want to try some out .. but @ $8-9 USD a can doubt if I'll buy it out here.

Kobra works great. Haven't had a single problem so far and its opaque for sure. My man Smooch is the US distributor for Kobra. We shot the breeze over paints, since he carries different brands. No way it should cost that high. I bought mine a little over $5 a can.

Could be the Australian version of Krylon.. same tip as well!

I am working with a company over there, not sure what will happen. If goes well the paint will be made there specifically for that region.

Aussie Krylon??

Don't think so, just like Aussie Exports. Male can, nice wedge tip, good pressure for bombing.

Anybody in Argentina or Uruguay ever used Kuwait Graff? http://www.pinturaskuwait.com.ar Argentinian company, still in its inception but pretty good overall. Comes with 3 caps, 2 of em are actually any good. Not as thick as Montana hardcore but still pretty sweet and about 10 colours out at the mo. I been happy so far. Feedback

Aussie Krylon??

Don't think so, just like Aussie Exports. Male can, nice wedge tip, good pressure for bombing.

Anybody in Argentina or Uruguay ever used Kuwait Graff? http://www.pinturaskuwait.com.ar Argentinian company, still in its inception but pretty good overall. Comes with 3 caps, 2 of em are actually any good. Not as thick as Montana hardcore but still pretty sweet and about 10 colours out at the mo. I been happy so far. Feedback

My boy and close friend ZEAR XMEN FC TC5 pushes that paint out his shop in Argentina.

Zear told me bout the paint even got his own color. It's pretty good stuff.

Companies have to start somewhere and work upwards. If they are smart they listen to their customers.

Far as Australia goes I am talking to 2 companies there to make some paint for that region. I should have my samples soon enough. If the paint is good it will have a female valve probably the same as the GoldLines / MTN94 or something quite similar.

It is not set in stone but it is a possibility.

Deen and Juca,

Kobra is Italian and made in Italy. I've spoken to the sales people behind it and they have a legitimate factory and equipment.

Quite interesting.. Thanks for sharing JUCA!

I still do want to try some out .. but @ $8-9 USD a can doubt if I'll buy it out here.

well,i live in Croatia,and once in one shop i found kobra,well i was lets test it,what i can say i really dont like it,first pressure is fucked up,as far as i know they are "middle" pressure cans,but whole time pressure varies from high to super low,also they will clog all your skinny caps pretty fast,paint looks like a transparent,and valves are trash,and bro stay away from italian paints. its just me,and if there is option to choose between 10 free kobras or old krylons,then krylon is way to go. but you can buy can or two (dont go with orange,shit is like a water),try it and i am sure that you will see what i'm talking about.

and BIGMETAL,yep they have a factory and all,but fuck factory and other fancy shits when your product is trash,also if you can have all that equipment in your house,you can have siiiiiick paint,and you will be unknown,so if they are big "name" it doesnt mean that they have a nice paint.

this is gonna sound stupid but ive never used american accents before.is it good paint? so far ive only had access to rusto,krylon and dollar paint..and some valspar.i lived in a small city and their wasnt alot of places to get paint at.now that im in a bigger city i have access to alot more brands and just wanted to know whats up.

i feel so lame for asking that haha.

this is gonna sound stupid but ive never used american accents before.is it good paint? so far ive only had access to rusto,krylon and dollar paint..and some valspar.i lived in a small city and their wasnt alot of places to get paint at.now that im in a bigger city i have access to alot more brands and just wanted to know whats up.

i feel so lame for asking that haha.

its good stuff Hoss!

try it out on your own...trust me its much funner than playing on a computer and taking somebodys word for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was painting the other night in below freezing weather with painters touch and a pink dot

had used this setup before in about the same temperature same can, but this night the shit was spraying everywhere. I may have had my finger too far forward, anyway i just kept going with paint all over my hands until it felt like cold sharp needles hitting my hand. I stopped cause it hurt pretty bad and i couldn't feel my index and middle finger which got really covered and i think i got frostbite. i read this could happen from the propellant in aerosol. I think it wasn't just because of the temperature outside. has this happened to anyone else?

I was painting the other night in below freezing weather with painters touch and a pink dot

had used this setup before in about the same temperature same can, but this night the shit was spraying everywhere. I may have had my finger too far forward, anyway i just kept going with paint all over my hands until it felt like cold sharp needles hitting my hand. I stopped cause it hurt pretty bad and i couldn't feel my index and middle finger which got really covered and i think i got frostbite. i read this could happen from the propellant in aerosol. I think it wasn't just because of the temperature outside. has this happened to anyone else?

Propellant is the equivalent to Freon..so the cold plus the cold from the propellant hitting your finger caused this. It happens quite frequently depending on the cap and where your finger is situated on the cap.

Archived