Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's this spider effect stuff bout? Anyone knows?

[/b]

I had it explained to me it's something to do with the paint they use on the inside of car boots would you believe? for painting the reinforced cardboard

yeah i was kind of stumped as well but apparently it's true

deen you're right again... shit's a gimmick.

http://www.montana-cans.com/products/cans/spider200ml/montana-spider-200ml

PLUS... i got you next payday!

i need to fix my paypal account, its something with my bank... dumb.

Thanks injury..

Link pretty much explained everything..

Wow lol! That is kind of cool in its own way.. it's like silly stringy stuff.

Seriously don't think it's worth the money personally.

tall cans of what? everyday hardware store paint? or anything over 400ml?

by that math over half of evry tall can ive got has been a failure. that doesnt seem right.

Was talking bout speciality cans over 400ml I should of clarified that my bad.

Specifically overseas paint. Rusto has it on point.

All rusto tall cans usually suck too though.

Honestly I"m not really thrilled at all by tall cans I think they are kind of gimmicky and the pressure isn't always right or some other shit goes wrong with them.

Rusto tall cans I"ve used about 20 in total over time.. I'd say I took back like 8 of them and got them switched out for 1 problem or the other.

If you buy them in the store and they go bad its easy to switch out. The people that buy these cans online though .. what are they gonna do? It's just too pricey to ship back and blah blah..

I used a lot of Rusto Industrial tall cans last year.

I had to chuck a good bit of the flat black ones that still had about 1/4 of paint left in the can, because there would be no propellent left.

The only color that was consistent and i miss using elmers on, was the Flat White.

Even with the valve changes. At least Kilz still have female valves on their White Primer.

I used a lot of Rusto Industrial tall cans last year.

I had to chuck a good bit of the flat black ones that still had about 1/4 of paint left in the can, because there would be no propellent left.

The only color that was consistent and i miss using elmers on, was the Flat White.

Even with the valve changes. At least Kilz still have female valves on their White Primer.

Its to bad you chucked them. You could of heated them up and got most of the left over paint out. Mixing style.

Had to rig this tall Rusto blue can to work. Smacking it on the ground upside down, leaving it overnight. Shit was a pain in the ass. Finally got it to work though.

Standard issue problem with almost any thick paint that sits for a while and not just the 25% extra cans. The valves jam up with pigment. It happens more on the tall boys because the valve line inside the can is about 1 and a half to 2 inchs longer. It happens all the time.

I agree NY fats are great caps. Always have been. But we are not talking about NY FATS alone in this case. We are talking altered NY fats at a high price.

Sounds to me like you are the owner of trout art supply judging from your posts following mine around on here. We are talking about NY fats that are altered very carefully by hand, by an artist. That takes time and effort both of which are valuable. These are not "knockoff" caps they are the real deal. Oh and much cheaper when purchased in bulk. And I don't charge for shipping on orders of 50 or more. These storm trooper caps are really like 10 dollars for 50 caps that may or may not be as good as a New York Fat cap.

At this price I am not really making much money per hour of work put in

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-FEMALE-NY-FAT-CAPS-TIPS-NEW-YORK-SPRAY-PAINT-RUSTO-/220687503520?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33620010a0

Sounds to me like you are the owner of trout art supply judging from your posts following mine around on here. We are talking about NY fats that are altered very carefully by hand, by an artist. That takes time and effort both of which are valuable. These are not "knockoff" caps they are the real deal. Oh and much cheaper when purchased in bulk. And I don't charge for shipping on orders of 50 or more. These storm trooper caps are really like 10 dollars for 50 caps that may or may not be as good as a New York Fat cap.

At this price I am not really making much money per hour of work put in

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-FEMALE-NY-FAT-CAPS-TIPS-NEW-YORK-SPRAY-PAINT-RUSTO-/220687503520?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33620010a0

Why so defencive? Look man. Your caps are over priced and you cant run around acting like you just brought something new to the table. Claming to have the answer to all are female cap problems. Drilled out NY Fats have been around for years. Actually. I stated all you need to do was drill them out over a year ago, or make a home made adapter. As for the posts you are making. You posted your personal ebay add on multiple threads that I read everyday. You are pretty much SPAMMING the oonts. As you sat down at your computer and sad the same thing on a few threads with in a few minutes. All with links to a ebay listing. Which I see you have changed a little. Not hating on you man, I was just saying it how it is. You shouldnt get worked up over it. Nor should you think you are the only one with a answer to female valves. Do your thing.

Now I said it once and I am saying it again. Drilled out NY FATS are not the only answer for the male valve issue. Theres about 4 or 5 things I can think of to get around them. Just saying

On the cool George/anyone else if looking for people to push any male valve orientated product towards, this probably is not your best venue, as the majority of people commenting on this thread are avid TAS customers. Nothing wrong with that just something to be realistic about. i likewise wouldn't suggest pushing other products in the Comments on my videos - chances are the crowd there won't go for it, etc.

German Montana 600ml Black Line Extended cans are the most amazing chrome and black ever in 600ml size. They spray super high pressure from beginning to end, literally the last spray will come out as fast and as wide as the beginning. Now, it's very expensive, so expensive i've used literally less than 30 in my life, and i sell it (drop shipped, not in stock here, or i'd fiend and use it all myself). And before you say to yourself "ah he doesn't even use cans he's not a real writer" - trust me - i empty the cans & would be in something much more lucrative if i was solely in it for the moo-lah. For me this is about paint.

Point being there are some 600ml's that are truly champion and worth using, will make your experience faster and with less cans.

BigMetalCircus holler at me one more again i'm getting all my shit straightened out super proper like and you and i need to make some moves together. I'm ready to go all in at this point partner. Holler.

Standard issue problem with almost any thick paint that sits for a while and not just the 25% extra cans. The valves jam up with pigment. It happens more on the tall boys because the valve line inside the can is about 1 and a half to 2 inchs longer. It happens all the time.

i'm currently dealing with this problem

i had about 150 cans of paint stored at a relatives house that I kind of forgot about

well they moved recently and told me to come pick up my paint

half rusto half old krylon

krylon works fine

all this paint is from like 06-07 and the rusto no matter how much I shake it is kind of useless

the stock cap works fine but put a rusto fat on these cans and not only will the cap immediately clog but as soon as I stop pressing on it it comes rocketing back off the can

usually I only get clogs on rusto fats near the end of a can where there is not enough pressure and I can clear them quick with a fresh can, not the case here, cap is locked

sucks, useless, whatever, spoiled

Thank you for the advice. I know anyone can make these and it sounds like the can adapter on oink and the Storm trooper are totally legit. I am basically just trying to offer a service that isn't offered anymore. I figured out how to make these when I saw the YL cap when it first came out.

Those 600ml German Montana chrome and black are the ONLY German Montana cans that are worth it. Totally legit! with a pink dot they are totally sick and even the last tag is high pressure just like you said.

i'm currently dealing with this problem

i had about 150 cans of paint stored at a relatives house that I kind of forgot about

well they moved recently and told me to come pick up my paint

half rusto half old krylon

krylon works fine

all this paint is from like 06-07 and the rusto no matter how much I shake it is kind of useless

the stock cap works fine but put a rusto fat on these cans and not only will the cap immediately clog but as soon as I stop pressing on it it comes rocketing back off the can

usually I only get clogs on rusto fats near the end of a can where there is not enough pressure and I can clear them quick with a fresh can, not the case here, cap is locked

sucks, useless, whatever, spoiled

Again this is a common issue with the thicker paints if they sit for a few years. The clogging is from the pigment and so on collecting in the valve and at the bottom of the can. This is why leaving cans stored for long periods of time on they're sides or slightly tilted ( like in a paint rack ) can be key to long term storage.

As you noticed the 06 07 krylons are fine. Thats because the standard Krylon formula has less pigment or more thinner in the mix. maybe both.

A remedy to these clogged valves is actually very simple. If the cans still holds propellant.

Here's what to do.

Tip all the cans on they're lid and let sit for a day or 2. This is to let the built up sludge like paint in the can that's lose enough to move on its own by normal force of gravity while being flip up side down. After a day has passed. Shake the shit out of them all and store what ever your not going to use that day on its sides.

Now when you go to use some of these cans. You need to tap them on the head to help get the vavles unclogged.

Take the cap off, hold the can upside down and tap the top of the can on something hard a few time. ( Not to much force, you dont want to warp the valve head or worse have it pop. )

Take a "RUSTO FAT CAP" and blast the shit from the valve line out. Repeat as necessary until the paint runs smooth. You might go through a couple of caps. But big deal. You save a can.

Once the can sprays shake the shit out of it again. Get that old built up sludgr of pigment and what not mixing together.

If you still cant get it to spray. Then it could be the propellant has leaked out. That pretty much is the end of the line for most cans. But You can still gut the bitch and drain it for its paint.

Its really all common sense.

What happens in the can from sitting is all the heavy particles accumulate at the bottom of the can. Its a natural process and the heavier particles will end up at the absolute very bottom. Imagine it in the can as a soil sample you might see on the discovery channel. Were you see from the side of the sample, lines of slightly different shades of the same color staked up on them selfs. Thats pretty much what the paint is doing inside the can. What also happens and is very common. Is a tiny amount of air remains logged in the valve and drys the paint in the area in which it is. THis is from the filling process. Thats what you are tapping out. Again once you get it spraying shake it up real good.

One other trick to clearing the valve line is. Blow the clog in buy mixing some other paint into it. Best result is if you use a super heated up scrap can that is pretty much empty of all paint. Do it just like if you were mixing any other spray paint. That little bit of extra propellant you are adding isnt going to effect anything pressure wise for the most part. But this method is for the more experienced paint mixer.

Now in accordance with the standard way of just being. When reading these threads "and take no personal offence".

Go fuck your self. Thank you and Good luck.

I have a spot for 10 year old krylons and they dont even need that much treatment - they're still thin enough that they can be used on their own. just clear out the tube with a lot of shaking and a stock. rusto i cant speak on from experience.

edit: is that mountain view krylon? (in the middle on that shelf)

Love that shit.

it's not the krylon i was turning over specifically, it's the rusto, krylon was just there so I figured why not turn it

like I said the rusto works fine with the stock but doesn't seem to clear at all, immediately clogs other caps

and no not mountain view, bahama sea shit, not that great, mountain view would be preferable

Ha! Rustofills got you to turn over all your cans!

I've used a lot of old stock and sometimes my stock sits around a while. Another trick especially with Rusto is to take a rusto fat, put it in and spray, rotate the cap in the valve right or left and spray the can at a 45 degree angle downward while doing so. This usually clears things up for me.

Ha! Rustofills got you to turn over all your cans!

I've used a lot of old stock and sometimes my stock sits around a while. Another trick especially with Rusto is to take a rusto fat, put it in and spray, rotate the cap in the valve right or left and spray the can at a 45 degree angle downward while doing so. This usually clears things up for me.

This kind of Reminded me of the Leaky Valve situation..Had to kind of do the same thing.

When paint sits so long since paint is an emulsion the solids in this case pigments lay dormant at the bottom of the cans for so long, this scenario.

You guys are all on point with your problem solving skills thats for sure..

That's why 12oz rocks.. we got people like all of you here.

Archived