random thots

Mr. Peanut

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
17 hours ago, ndv said:

@Kults how's the anti smoking campaign going?

same shit, don’t miss being a smoker but i miss that odd cig once in awhile. wish i could be that guy that just smokes the occasional one but I know i’m not that dude. all or nothing 

3BE8D459-A740-404C-9A49-528A346BF016.jpeg

• Truth 1
  • Props 2

54 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

How ya been feelin? @Kultshas it been worth it so far? 

Bored during dead time, I keep a notepad nearby and scribble a lot and sometimes I can be more irritable but i catch it and remind myself it’s temporary. Other than that the worst is over.

Maintaining, the new normal. 🤞🏻 

• Props 3

@Kults I am genuinely impressed.  You have done better than me.  It took me several attempts over the years to quit.  But you're better at putting your mind to and doing it better than me.  

One of the things I was told when a heavy smoker quits (and I am really hoping it's really not true) they will get really sick.  It happened to me, and I never been that sick before in a very long time, 10yrs or so.   Although, I did hug my niece at the same time which she had the flu. So I do not known if that is coincidental or a smoker does get sick because of the chemical changes.  

I never went back and looked it up, I just really kept moving forward. 

Anyhow, I thought I would just throw that out there in case you get sick. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ndv said:

@Kults I am genuinely impressed.  You have done better than me.  It took me several attempts over the years to quit.  But you're better at putting your mind to and doing it better than me.  

One of the things I was told when a heavy smoker quits (and I am really hoping it's really not true) they will get really sick.  It happened to me, and I never been that sick before in a very long time, 10yrs or so.   Although, I did hug my niece at the same time which she had the flu. So I do not known if that is coincidental or a smoker does get sick because of the chemical changes.  

I never went back and looked it up, I just really kept moving forward. 

Anyhow, I thought I would just throw that out there in case you get sick. 

Oh I did!

First week felt like the worst flu. Fever and the shakes unlike any Ive had before, was really awful. I was borderline catatonic and really couldn't do much the first few days. Took about  a week to find even small joy in stuff again, a real head trip.

I am admittedly a stubborn prick, this time it's worked in my favor. It takes me awhile but once Ive made up my mind its usually a pretty quick turnaround. Im def in the last pocket of my social circle that's quit, even guys I would have bet a finger would be smokers for life quit years ago. Better late than never

• Like 1

Just now, where said:

ju suis weekend guerrier

see..if i was that kind of smoker I would have likely never quit. I have an uncle like that, he smokes 2x a day and thats it, super healthy dude, exercises, eats well all that. Cant really see him catching cancer for 2/day

those 2/day are the only good one anyway, the rest youre just smoking to feel normal. If you can keep it to weekends only its def not a death sentence.

1 hour ago, Kults said:

Bored during dead time, I keep a notepad nearby and scribble a lot and sometimes I can be more irritable but i catch it and remind myself it’s temporary. Other than that the worst is over.

Maintaining, the new normal. 🤞🏻 

Good for you. 
im proud of you 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

Good for you. 
im proud of you 

I appreciate it.

I was around smokers this weekend and it didnt bother me at all, was kind of surprising. Last thing I want to be is one of those sanctimonious ex smokers or worse, the don't smoke around me types.

I try not to talk about it too much cause I dont want it on my mind but the support is encouraging.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

I think to anyone considering quitting smoking, try to switch to a natural cigarette first like American Spirits (I don't even know if they're still legit, haven't smoked in many may years).

The reason being, the lack of other addictive chemicals in a natural cigarette will ease the "pain" caused by the withdraw from all those other chemicals.

Quitting natural cigarettes should be easier than the ones made up of processed/shredded tobacco "product" (read: most cigarettes).

• Like 2