bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

i've been so bad....i was crushing for a minute about 3 weeks ago then i moved and life started to happen. i wish i could just settle into something stable and ride...

ugh.

im also down for the jersey....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

so.. cyclocross nationals are being held in portland OR.

does anyone live near there...

Yes. Are you coming out for it? When is it? Maybe I'll be back into riding on the regular and I can do a training ride or two with you. If not, I'll have to be your sag wagon...

Originally posted by Joker

Yes. Are you coming out for it? When is it? Maybe I'll be back into riding on the regular and I can do a training ride or two with you. If not, I'll have to be your sag wagon...

as of right now iam all set on going the only reason i wouldn't go would be if one of my professors wont let me change one of my finals around. they are dec. 12th-14th... go to cyclocrossworld.com they have a little write up on it

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by boxcarwilly

guess whos in sf what what i just got in a minute ago and walked market street... i love this fucking city i wish i had my bike.... devilush get in touch....

falleni@aol.com

ill be around ill probably want to do something tomorrow nite...

yay!!!

god dammit. i was wondering what happened to you. i'm so sorry that i dont look on this thread. i wish i was with you to hang out.

Im sooo happy. I finally got a bike! Devilush... you'd laugh if you were here... my hair is all long, my jeans are all tight and now i have a road bike. Anyway, I was out painting with my friend, Sae tonight... and we finish these fillins and bust uphill on our bikes and he goes, "do you wanna go to the right down the bike path?" and im like, "nah... lets just cut uphill to the spot..." and he laughs and goes, "YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR! YOU TOTALLY RIDE BIKES!!!" and I laughed trying to get him to believe that I don't ride bikes at all... here I am at 1am rushing uphill with a cigar hanging outta my mouth all high and a messenger bag full of rusto. I finally own a bike and I'm stoked.

Yeah.

*8B*

It must be the worst thing in the world . I have maybe had a bike locked up in my basement. It has been there since the summer ,nope I havent been riding it but the shit worked fine .Until yesterday I went down to get it and noticed that some sneak thief scum bag stripped all of the gears and wires off my shit. Now thats worse than two flat tires. I know my gear pretty well .Now if I catch that sticky hand dog breath savage Im gonna wrap the gottt damm cranks around his freakin head !!!

Originally posted by LivinDigital

Im sooo happy. I finally got a bike! Devilush... you'd laugh if you were here... my hair is all long, my jeans are all tight and now i have a road bike. Anyway, I was out painting with my friend, Sae tonight... and we finish these fillins and bust uphill on our bikes and he goes, "do you wanna go to the right down the bike path?" and im like, "nah... lets just cut uphill to the spot..." and he laughs and goes, "YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR! YOU TOTALLY RIDE BIKES!!!" and I laughed trying to get him to believe that I don't ride bikes at all... here I am at 1am rushing uphill with a cigar hanging outta my mouth all high and a messenger bag full of rusto. I finally own a bike and I'm stoked.

Yeah.

*8B*

hahah i would prolly laugh!! you'd remind me of someone.....hahah you know who. 8b ridin a bike. hahahahha.<3

Went to the Cross Crusade race #1 yesterday here in Portland. Definitely way more entertaining than road racing. I took some photos which I'll have to load later this week. There were primes given for any racer who rode his whole race in a speedo... shit was funny.

Made me want to start Cross riding. Saw an interesting bike called a Van Diesel? I think I just liked the color though...

What's going on.... where has everyone been

i did my first CYCLOCROSS race of the season on sunday!!!

oh fuck yeah.. well it was in allentown PA (5hour drive for me) well worth it tho

finished up 7th in the race out of 35 or so. had a crappy start and fought my way back up the front over 3 laps then found myself battling it out with two other guys for the last 7 laps... and on the final hill a guy attacked i countered and passed him but the other guy cut me off in the corner and squezzed by and out sprinted me to the line.... the guy that beat me was Gunner shogrenn the 40-45 national champion.. he's a beast..

i feel so good.. im so happy with the fitness level and it's going to be a good season..

steve, dibs or anyone else... anyone doing cross or riding for that matter..

Cinny... Great result! Sounds like your CCX season is off to a good start. Are you still planning on coming out in December? The CCX season just started out here on Sunday and the announcer boasted the largest group of starters recorded in US history. Heck if I know how big that is but there were huge groups at the start line. The course was real long and it seemed like the riderrs never stopped coming by. As if the lead guys had caught up with the rear of the pack. CCX is definitely exciting to watch and probably way more exciting to race. Though so many people had to change wheels and fix chains... that would kill me! The momentum...

Yea, definitely riding again. Got picked up by a new team and have started working with a coach from Wenzel Coaching. I figured if I do fairly well training on my own and not really knowing what I'm doing to prepare for the road race season... then a serious coach has got to bring the goods out of me. Well, I'm hoping anyway. I've had to start using a HRM and it's been a slow going process to keep my HR in the correct zones. I keep hearing Chris Carmichael in my head... "Don't just train, train right." Keeps me from pushing the big gears up the hills and rising the HR.

good to hear your on the new team... yeah the whole having a coach i think is great b/c i don't really know how to do all this training properaly and if im putting so much time into it then i dont' want to waist my time

but yes as far as i know i am going to nationals as long as the exams don't get in the way.

you should get a cross bike and race instead of watch... you get hooked after just one use to so be carefull

cross starts for me this weekend.

I've taken a few nasty falls lately, so I haven't been riding much. One of my teammates and I managed to get third in a 12 hour race. We had 2nd on lock when he somehow lost a pedal. Ended up losing something like 17 minutes due to riding one footed. I think I made 10 of those minutes up on my last lap, but he couldn't pick up the last 2 minutes so we settled for third.

new team for me as well.

and yeah...you definitely need to race cross.

wow cinnamon, congrats! way to start the season. actually i have been avoiding this thread cause of cross, i broke my wrist this summer when i got hit by a car and just got the cast of a few weeks ago, cross season is out of the equation for me right now, i am very depressed about it. maybe i can do some races at the end of the season when i get some strenfh and movement back in that wrist/hand. but all you go out and kill em for me. i will live vicariously through this thread and all the race reaports. GO TEAM!

woah... whats with the speedo? is that how they do there joker? i thought it was a triathalon in the mud or something. yikes!

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

What's going on.... where has everyone been

i did my first CYCLOCROSS race of the season on sunday!!!

oh fuck yeah.. well it was in allentown PA (5hour drive for me) well worth it tho

finished up 7th in the race out of 35 or so. had a crappy start and fought my way back up the front over 3 laps then found myself battling it out with two other guys for the last 7 laps... and on the final hill a guy attacked i countered and passed him but the other guy cut me off in the corner and squezzed by and out sprinted me to the line.... the guy that beat me was Gunner shogrenn the 40-45 national champion.. he's a beast..

i feel so good.. im so happy with the fitness level and it's going to be a good season..

steve, dibs or anyone else... anyone doing cross or riding for that matter..

2 cross races over the weekend. Saturday...6th place...Sunday...7th place. I had 3rd on lock for all but the last two laps on sunday. My shorts caught my saddle and I wrecked on the barriers. I ended up getting frustrated and taking too many chances. Wrecked again and sat up for a while because I was so pissed. Another race this weekend...hopefully I'll crack the top 5 if not podium.

• 3 weeks later...

two UCI races last weekend... finished up 19th on sat. and 14th on sunday... my fitness is starting to get there i say by the time nationals come around i will be flying.... race in NJ this sunday

so i booked the hotel room for nationals...YAY!! so im def. going... jocker im going to send you an email sometime soon...

ride till you die