bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Cinnamon... check this address:

http://www.abbiorca.com/

There's some photos of your Pops I think. Was he decked out in all red and white? Hammer? If so... there's two good shots in there of him. I haven't the time to go through the other catagories right now but I'm sure there's a few good ones of you too. Check it when you have some time...

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Cinn... soooooooooo jealous!!

Ugh... I just spent 2.5 hours on the trainer and it was so boring. I have no tv out there in the garage so I'll I can do is jam to music. Thank god for a fully charged iPod and speed metal. The weather has been nasty and drivers are idiots because of it. It doesn't snow here very often... the last time was six years ago. So when it does... it's best to stay home. So many accidents.

Training is going well. Weight is amazing down to what it should be. I got something back that was taken away from me about fifteen years ago... all my stomach muscles. I feel so "sporty"... like a jock. Kinda scary. Having a hard time working with this HR monitor but my coach keeps telling me to follow the program and trust him. I guess I'll know how all is going that first race day...

Anyone else winter training?

I haven't been all that intense with my training this winter. I've got brand new sponsors this year and for the first time ever....I'm on seperate mountain and road/cross teams. I'm actually helping run one of the teams so thats kinda cut into my riding time a bit. Regardless...I'm extremely thrilled with my new teams and the people I'm riding for.

edit:

censorships a bitch.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I won't bitch... it's been in the low 30's around here and I've been a whinning little girl about it. Sorry your weather sucks guys!!

Training pretty hard now. Lot's of intervals and long hours in the gym. Curious to see what my next months program will be like since I'm suppose to ease up on weights and focus on intensity training for my first race on March 1st.

Steve, I did get your email and I will get back to you later today.

hmm my training right now consists of very long tempo sets (40-50min, cad. of 70-75 and HR 154-157). The wieghts have stayed the same nothing too hard legs on monday and fridays. Tomorrow i have two, 20 min. muscle tension workouts (cad. 55-60) but it's up hill in the biggest gear you can do it in, HR doesn't really matter that much you don't want it that high it's mainly to increase strength. and the long rides on sundays. 3-4 hours.

the weather has been kinda doable here. im getting out there and doind 2.5 hour rides in the 25 degree weather helps when you have someone to ride with.

this week i'll have around 13-14 hours

• 4 weeks later...

Wow... that new Pista is pretty nice looking. I'm still partial to the matte black frame set though. But it's pretty obvious they're stepping up on the component side of things.

Yea, lots of training right now. The gym hours alone are up to almost six hours a week. Thankfully, those come down next week to maybe four hours. Riding time has been about 12 to 13 hours a week. lots of intervals and race simulation stuff. Definitely feeling stronger than ever. The new team is working out great and team rides have been very encouraging. Being able to keep on hills, sometimes even pulling on hills has been a huge boost for my morale. First race is the 29th... and the coach says I'm more than ready. It's a rolling hill course and we're only doing 50 miles. So we'll see how long I can hang on those hills...

Updated a bunch of crap on the race bike too so I'm anxious to ride it. It's in the shop getting a much needed tune up. I'll post pictures of the "new" steed when it's all said and done.

Has anyone riden those Zipp 303 wheels? The team I ride for is sponsored by Zipp so I get a really good deal on them. Thinking of upgrading...

man its been hella long since ive seen this thread! that pista is nice, we sell them at my shop, just as nice in person, specialized has a dura ace track bike called the langster comming out in march thats hot too(also a more budget minded model as well). training training training, ive been doing it as well, i am gonna do this charity aids ride, sf to la, 585 miles in 7 days. hopefully some raccing as well now that the wrist is healed. i dont have any experience with zip wheels, i have always rode mavics in various forms, ksyriums right now, best wheels i have ever owned.

man its nice to see this thread again after so long, happy ridding people.

I'm going to go ahead and show my age here...

When I was heavy into BMX / Freestyle riding I mostly did vert and dirt. I raced for fun and because most of my friends raced, but it wasn't all that exciting for me. Lookng at that bike brought back some memories though. I remember when BMX Plus magazine printed an article about this new fangled way of keeping your front brake cable from getting tangled up when you spin your bars around. They showed you how to drill out the "goose neck" bolt and run your cable through it down to your front brake. It was the hottest thing. My friend and I immediately put it to the test and loved the result. Dailing in the brake was tricky but I could spin the bars around a lot more than before. It was about that same time that Hutch introduced the Trickstar. RL Osborn, Mike Buff and Mike Dominguez were my idols too.

damn you guys are hardcore, never seen this thread before, but I've always loved bikes. Used to race BMX, got into some street and ramps but never really tore it up, still ride the 20's every now and then. Got a Haro Shredder that I work on constantly, Sun rims, Primo 3 piece crank, DK headset, some pegs and Hoffman Patriot bars. Kinda oldschool. Got a Robinson MX from like 99, more or less stock but treats me right. I recently got into road bikes and picked up a Trek 2000 Alpha SL (which, coincidentally my dad gave me). Rides beautifully, fast as hell and the gears treat me right. I have these pedals that I love, clip in with metal grip surrounding it, basically shoes optional hybrid type deal. Anyway Cinnamon Toast Crunch are you a messenger? You sound really dedicated, we live in the same town and Im buddies with some, maybe I'll see you around.

tre$loco$- no im not a messanger, Just a wanna be. haha. Ive met a few of the messangers just through other guys that i ride with, don't really know any of them well. im sure if you know any cyclists in the area we have mutual friends... i have a red ciocc roadbike converted into a fixed gear. it's always locked up around the campus. so if you see it, that's mine.

keep riding

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

joker i just got a pair of the 303's got them used from a freind. and i must say the are worth every penny. ride extreamly smooth and are really light. If you have the cash and want a sold race wheel set they are your best bet. they make you climb better too. haha

Sounds good. Yea, I have a borrowed pair of the 404's right now and I like the look of them for sure but they seem a little more specific than well rounded. Meaning the 303's seem like I could use them for not only racing in just about any kind of race but I could also use them for training. Which if I'm going to drop $600 on a set of wheels I'd like to use them a lot. Whereas the 404's seem like they would be really good for any kind of hilly race or a TT. Too specific. Plus with these 404's, I don't have the confidence in the corners. I feel like I'm going to snap them or something. I need confidence in a crit, not aerodynamics. These 404's are light as fuck though... like a piece of tissue paper.

First race on Sunday, ughhhhh... you know there will be the detailed race report to follow!

Race Report

11 mile loop of hills to downhills to hills to downhills with one section of flat about a 1/4 mile long... four laps.

The pack lines up and there's easily about 100 guys there. And wouldn't you know it... the rain starts falling. I have one team mate with me and as I look around I see there are several teams with at least seven, if not more, team mates. One team had eleven guys... my old team. The race starts out on a steep hill so the fight for a spot at the top ten is ugly from the get go. As we get rolling along it's just a mish-mas of guys trying to get to the front. I was placed fairly well up in the top ten sticking to a friends wheel. He's a good climber so I told myself to not let him get away and I'd be fine. The first two laps were uneventful. One guy tried to break away on the second lap but everyone pretty much laughed. He was brought back within minutes. On the third lap the group was cut in half by this point. Either by guys dropping out or getting left behind. The pace quickened and I felt the pain when the road went upwards. The first two laps I could hold my line and my spot when the hills came. The third lap I would fall back a few places but gain my position on the descents. The final lap... the first major hill I was shot out the back and struggled to gain a place on someones wheel. My front ring wouldn't shift down to them small ring for a second so I was pushing a big gear uphill and trying to shift at the same time. All while trying to keep up. That sucked. I caught back on and moved up to the middle of the pack on the last section of flat. I slowly worked my way to the top ten guys and found a wheel behind my team mate. He's a good climber too and he told me to not let him get away and he'd pull me to the line with him. With about a mile to go we reached the last major hill. The good climber types took off immediately and the rest of us did all we could to hang on. By the top of the hill, I was once again at the back trying to catch up. Two other guys and myself worked together to catch the group but even on the descent to the finish line they were getting away from us. ( There was a really bad crash in the front group. We passed a few guys just lying on the road moaning ) Just before the line is a small hill, I sprinted up and over it to get away from the two I was with and crossed the line in 25th place. Dissapointing after all the winter of training but the course doesn't suit me with so many hills. So 25th is a welcome placing. And it's the first race of the season for me. My team mate ended up with 7th so if I had just killed myself to stick to his wheel...

Next week the same course but in the opposite direction. Not sure if I'll go but if it's dry with no chance of rain... it's a possibilty.