bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

went back to the accident scene today to take pictures and found that the driver had to yield to me, she had 2 yield signs and blew through them in the merge without yeilding to traffic ie:me, and then hit me. doesnt look like its my fault anymore.

Re: BOXCARWILLY!

Originally posted by Devilush

Boxcarwilly…if I had seen your post earlier, I would have replied. I’m sorry for the late reply though.

But we’d love for you to come to sf! Im not sure about accomodations although because….well…..i don’t wanna say it on here. Email me and we’ll try to work things out.

Me and the hubby are planning on getting tattoos soon too! And’m not sure about painting, but we have plenty of friends that you can meet…and maybe if it works out…even paint with. But everyone that I know is on the dl on painting for a lil bit. But we can see about that!

Summer rides now are nice to have too.

Most of us drink wine too, but there are also most of us who drink beer.

Hit me up if you’d like.

im coming out on the 31st getting tattooed on the first and then i have until the sixth to do whatever... i am staying in a hostel because its dirt as cheap and id rather spend my money on tattoos and refreshing beverages, tho i may rent a car to head up to the vineyards and would probably prefer not to drink really good wine alone... as for the painting im sure i can handle that even tho introductions are definately a good thing, as was breaking my edge... word word let me know the deal lady...

hello from bali

my goodness.

this place is incredible

it's raining right now..but so what

so the days that i go on vacation are always superhectic..i had a lot of stuff to do before i left...i leave work and i guess i was riding pretty fucking fast..i got cut of, then dude goes to make an immediate turn, but it was blocked by a delivery van, so he slams on his brakes....the lane next to me had a bus in it..right fucking there..

i fly over the handlebars

nearly under the wheels of the bus..

it was on ^%&$%# street..which is paved with broken glass..really.

the tar they used to make the street has millions of shards of broken glass embedded in it...supposed to help road life or some bullshit.

of course it was 100 degrees. i was in a tank top..

so my front tooth went through my lip

and i busted my nose open, and i have road rash all over my right arm and leg..

i stood up and immediately started cussing out the driver..there were a bunch of people staring..my front wheel was tacoed..completely

the bus driver is hysterical (she thought she hit me)

and comes running up, then she grabs my tank top..AND COVERS UP MY BOOB WHICH WAS HANGING OUT

fucking YIKES

so i'm bloody and shit! i've got a BRUISE on my thigh..

the dude at this restaurant run out with some ice..at least they got a free show.

i look good in a bikini, lemme tell you

nothing like going to a third world country beaten up to a bloody pulp..

i met a lot of people cuz of these injuries, LOL

they're healing up fast

but that sucked

and dude agreed to buy me a new tire..of course, i'lll believe it when i return home, and it's there..

we'll see

damn.

my front tooth still hurts

it's a good thing i drink a lot of milk and stuff, cuz other wise i bet that shit wouldve popped right out.

that is the same tooth that i busted when i was ten, then again at about 21 (on a beer bottle) then again last winter in my car wreck.

i'm tellin you, by the time i'm forty, it's gonna be a nub

be careful out there kiddies!

Guest TEARZ

damn homey

holy shit... that's a serious crash homegirl. there are some fucking doofs out there, glad that you are reasonably ok and that it wasn't worse. i know how it feels to be hurt up in 3rd world countries; even nagging injuries seem somehow more severe, nevermind serious bad ones like you caught. oh my god. i truly feel for you, shit. fuck that dude. please get better soon, and keep the people updated.

:love:

tears

ps-i gotta get to you on email soon

get bettah

Guest TEARZ

FUCK DIBS

i didn't even see that you got hit too man...

god damn, i can't have my people getting fucked with like that.

heal up amigo.

!@#$% hope you heal fast and well. getting hit sucks! well for me it looks like i may escape surgery, at least for know, i will know a lil more in 3 weeks when we cut this cast off and take new x rays. in the meantime i called a lawyer, playing phone tag. its weird i never imagined myself as the "lawyer callin " type, life takes strange turns sometimes. did anyone see lance take that spill this morning? he still retains his lead though, even increased it. what a tour. keep it rubber side down people.

Re: damn homey

Originally posted by TEARZ

holy shit... that's a serious crash homegirl. there are some fucking doofs out there, glad that you are reasonably ok and that it wasn't worse. i know how it feels to be hurt up in 3rd world countries; even nagging injuries seem somehow more severe, nevermind serious bad ones like you caught. oh my god. i truly feel for you, shit. fuck that dude. please get better soon, and keep the people updated.

:love:

tears

ps-i gotta get to you on email soon

get bettah

shit.

i'm doing a million times better..the face scabs are gone, so it's all good

now my tattoos are attracting way more attention;)

this year, i've had ten times the injuries that i've had in my entire life..

really, i'm just thankful that i have both front teeth still..

comin home tomorrow, i get to live thursday twice..weird

tearz, i'd love to hear from you

devilush, zesto, sonik, and smart should all have my email..

or i'll post it up when you're online..

thanks for all the well wishing kids

it helped!

5 down, 4 lives to go;)

is evey one getting road rash these days?

dibs, are2... hope you guys heal up quickly.

and then there's me....

I had to down my bike yesterday or I would have bumped another

bike on the wrong side of the street into trafic. I guess fault cant

really be called but I sure skined myself nicely. The forearm's bare,

there's a silver dollar size spot on my hand and another biggie

across my knee. Oh well... minor compared to dibs and are2.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

you guys are making me afraid to go and ride my bike

seriously! i hope everyone heals up alright.

looks like lance is gonna take 5. jan went down in the time trial. i guess i a knew it would end with lance on top, and i am glad, but a part of me is disapointed, i really like to get behind the underdog. this has been a geat tour! never a dull moment.

Originally posted by DIBS

seriously! i hope everyone heals up alright.

looks like lance is gonna take 5. jan went down in the time trial. i guess i a knew it would end with lance on top, and i am glad, but a part of me is disapointed, i really like to get behind the underdog. this has been a geat tour! never a dull moment.

Definitely. I like Lance for all he's done for cycling in America and Cancer reseach and survivors. He's truly an amzing athlete. But I still wanted Jan to win. My predictions were Lance, Jan and Tyler. I thought it would have been cool to have Lance, Tyler and Levi for the American sweep but I knew it wouldn't happen... especially after stage one. I'm glad Tyler finished fourth overall today. It makes you wonder where he would be without a cracked collar bone. This has been an exciting Tour.

I'm back. Holy shit...that's really all I can say about Ragbrai. It was just insane. I went through almost 4 disposable cameras. I seem to remember there being some entertaining pics. I think I was drunk about 85% of the time.

Some of the Highlights:

• cutters
  • hitting 45 mph 3 feet off the back of a semi and still having power left
  • wet t-shirt contests
  • getting left in a Caseys and having to sag a ride to the next town
  • something like 450 miles in a week
  • the topless bus ride back to the start
  • going through over 6 cases of beer on the return trip

pictures...sometime this week

I have a friend who works at sobe. They have connections with cannondale.

I can get a real good deal on a cannondale road bike. Does anyone have opinions

on these bikes? I've been racing mountain bikes for years but just getting into road bikes. any helpful info would be appreciated.

I'm a real bike snob when it comes to materials. I hate aluminum. The ride quality sucks. With that said...Cannondale is a really good company. They back their product and have a good customer service department. I only know this because I know several people who have broken their frames. Some breaks have been iffy and some were definitely being put way beyond their limits. The good thing is...they're pretty quick about replacing things.

As always...my recommendation is going to be that you go to your local shops and test ride as many bikes as possible. Find out for yourself what the difference in ride quality is with each material. The first road bike I rode was an all aluminum Cannondale. I hated it. It was so stiff...I felt every bump in the road. I have a titanium frame and an all carbon fork that just flat out rides like a dream.

Trybol...I just got to thinking...why do you want a road bike? Are you planning on racing on the road or is it for training purposes? You might want to check out cross bikes.

i want to go to ragbrai next year.......

i figure a year of training should do it.

ehhh....fuck. i need a new job to support my new bike habit. allthough i turned my knuckles bloody being irresponsible on the road and my thumb blue from drunken breakdancing. i think im still hungover from the weekend.......anyway....get a little more off topic old.

for a roadbike thats going to last a year and would be quality enough to ride through the ragbrai next year.....what are we talking here? got any tips of a youngster, big bike spenders?

Tyrbol....I think there is a huge difference in materials. Aluminum makes a great stiff bike, but if you like a little ride quality and comfort...you wanna go with steel or titanium. My lower back used to hurt like hell after a race. I bought a titanium hardtail...problem solved.

Have you checked out Cyclocross racing yet? If your solely a mountain biker thinking about racing road...I highly recommend cross. Its a nice little combination of the two. Some of us are highly addicted to it. something like two months to go.

OE...

you really need to try and find someone with a team bus. its the only way to go. the bus meets you at the halfway point with coolers of beer and you just get lit. we rode the majority of it in little 10 to 20 mile splurts. whenever we came across a town with beer...we'd stop and drink. I didn't do any "training" for it, but I'm already in shape...so I guess I didn't need to. any quality road bike would work...hell there were about 7 of us on 20+ year old fixed gears. there were people out there on huffies and 40+ lb Walmart full suspension mountain bikes. One guy was even pulling a fully stocked bar.