bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest kidlugz

some crazed motorist almost pulled a blade on me today. i was riding with traffic today and this asshole was gunning his engine behind me and attempting to swerve around me even though traffic was crawling and there was no place to go. i flip him off and throw some obscenities his way and keep riding. i turn onto a side street and notice dude was following me. so i stop my bike and prepare for an altercation. buddy pulls up next to me all calm like, opens his door and with a big smile says "come here man. i got something for you". meanwhile he's walking towards me with his hand in his coat pocket just staring at me. at this point i know this guy is nuts and begin running with my bike in the opposite direction. he keeps asking me "you wanna fuck with me?" as i'm riding away he screams " you better watch out kid. one of these days will be your last". i was wigging out the whole way home thinking this psycho was going to cruise up and run me over. fucking scary. i'm glad i'm alive.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

I keep it in my pants now and just let them go

Agreed. I've learned the hard way that if you just ignore them. they go an find something / someone else. People who go out of their way to stir up shit are usually looking for any stupid reason. A guy in sissy shorts on a sissy bike is just as good as any. Glad you're still with us Lugz!

I've raced a few times... 27th, 12th and 18th. Nothing major and this past month have been out of it due to illness. But I couldn't give up riding and racing. I have my first TT of the season on Sunday. That should be interesting. I race tomorrow as well. Hopefully the rain will stay away for at least till Wednesday. I hate racing in the rain.

BeWare Road Rage

...flipping people off isn't worth it anymore.

a few months ago, a friend of mine was on his bike, riding up a major street in the middle of a sunday afternoon..he was drunk.

a van began harrassing him, you all know the deal..

and he wasn't trying to hear that booshit..

so he told the guys to fuck off.

they pulled over, got out of their van and beat him.

severely.

at one point, they picked up his bike and his lock and began hitting him in the head with it repeatedly, as he lay on the ground bleeding to death.

a nurse and a doctor, in separate cars, pulled over to help him.

the motorists got away..

he took hundreds of stitches to the dome and was hospitalized for a few days.

be careful kids!

it ain't worth it!

...on a side note, it's raining its ass off and i don't wanna ride home in this.

i stopped using curse words and the middle finger a while ago ill either say "go back to new jersey" or just make weird noises at them like just start screaming hazooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooooogie boooooooooogie hoooooooooooooo or osme off the wall shit

or if your ever going to collide with a pedestrian do what my man did yell

"FIRE IN THE HOLE"

do it right before impact, i witnessed this and almost fell off my bike laughing

Guest kidlugz

yeah. i know you guys are right. it's just so hard to control my temper sometimes--especially when i'm confronted with mindless assholes virtually every time i get on my bike. it's kind of hard not to freak on people after so many close-calls.

my girlfriend said the same thing when i told her what happened. she made a good point too. yelling at these fools isn't going change their idiotic ways, it's simply going to enrage them and bring the heat down on me. so i've decided to cool off.

Originally posted by kidlugz

yeah. i know you guys are right. it's just so hard to control my temper sometimes--especially when i'm confronted with mindless assholes virtually every time i get on my bike. it's kind of hard not to freak on people after so many close-calls.

my girlfriend said the same thing when i told her what happened. she made a good point too. yelling at these fools isn't going change their idiotic ways, it's simply going to enrage them and bring the heat down on me. so i've decided to cool off.

i used to be a pressure cooker out there.

i knew i had to calm down.

i really only get mad anymore when people are really not paying attention, or deliberately fucking with me..

if you simply must make a comment, i have found that a remarkably effective way of defusing the situation is to catch up to the people (usually easy in traffic) and very calmly ask them something along the lines of ...

"Would you like it if you killed me?"

"Were you trying to murder me?"

"I can't hurt you with my bike, but you almost mutilated me with your car"

the reaction is usually fear.

people just drive off.

it helps that i'm a woman, i don't know if it would be as effective if a man said it.

if I get honked at or fucked with I usually yell out "get a bike suckaa!!" and then ignore em, if you play it off usually they forget about it. I ride pretty aggressive so if I got pissed at every asshole in an SUV I'd be dead or in jail by now. By the way those videos on that link are awesome, I went out and rode downtown for awhile right after watching those fuckers. New cleats came in the mail today!!

Put me in the camp of hot heads on a bike. I just can't help it. If a car comes so close to me that I actually feel threatened instead of just annoyed...its all over. I just snap. I've chased down a few cars and talked to the drivers. Most drive off in fear. Some will talk shit, tell me to ride on the sidewalk or get a fucking car and drive off. One almost came to blows right in front of my house. Apparently the driver had had a bad day. I just looked at him with my jaw practically laying on the street and asked him if his bad day was worth taking my life. We actually ended the conversation by shaking hands and mutually agreeing to be more cautious. Most of the guys I know in my spot will chase the cars down and introduce themselves to the driver. They will then go on to say how many kids they have, what their names are and how horrible would it be for them to go through life without a father just because someone was going to be 30 seconds late for their latte. It works surprisingly well for defusing a situation and making the driver feel like shit.

Guest HESHIANDET

it has come to this.......

i have to sell my colnago. time to fess up to my poor financial ways. this shit sucks!!!

:bawling:

Sorry to hear that Hesh...

Steve, those are great reactions to dickhead motorists! I'll have to remember that stuff.

Raced last night. Worked for our sprinter and chased all the breaks down. Second to last lap got a cramp in my calf and my leg froze up. It was weird. It didn't hurt, it just froze up and I couldn't clip out or anything. Oh well. TT this weekend...

yay the bicycle thread is going somewhere again...

two races this weekend 65mile RR and a 15 mile TT... disc wheel time YAY

my dad caught up to a car once at a light and started screaming at the driver and the driver screaming back... his kid was in the back seat... what good role models... my dad is tough as nails.

any ways treslocos i think you live down the street from me

I've got two coming up this weekend. I decided riding geared bikes in races wasn't enough pain, so I'm racing single speed this year. I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking. I got 10th at the last one.

I had some bitch yell at me to get on the sidewalk...as she pushed me into the curb with her car. Luckily the light was red. I swung in behind her, rolled right up to her window and tapped on it. I then informed her it was illegal to ride bikes on sidewalks in the state of *****...and it is also illegal to try and hit someone with your car. She just kinda looked at me and repeated the statement that I should ride on the sidewalk. i kindly reminded her that it was illegal and I repeated the entire tirade. She still had the same stupid look on her face when the light turned green and I rode off in front of her.

i went for a ride last night and felt great, no one was in the park. i did a few laps after work. it really helped me unwind.

the other day i was cruising down on the left side of the street and a car

cut across 3 lanes from the right to make a late left turn

and almost clocked me as it turned. i jumped off of my bike to yell at

the asshole and it turned out to be a cop in an unmarked car. he

wanted nothing to do with me, and shoo-ed me out his way with his car.

WHATEVER

Guest kidlugz

yo hesh. what are the specs on that colnago? i'm in the market for a new bike. although, you're probably looking to make significant coin on the sale and i'm.....well, frankly quite cheap. details anyways.

Guest TEARZ

today: two rear wheel punctures and a minivan full of high school kids where one came all the way out of the window (and nearly got decapitated by a branch) to yell "fuck you you fucking piece of shit!" why why?

still a beautiful day to ride.

stay up cutters...

Guest kidlugz
Originally posted by TEARZ

today: two rear wheel punctures and a minivan full of high school kids where one came all the way out of the window (and nearly got decapitated by a branch) to yell "fuck you you fucking piece of shit!" why why?

still a beautiful day to ride.

stay up cutters...

hahaha. that's hilarious. I can just imagine the sadness you must have felt after that searing remark. back in high school we used to drive around and huck cups of root beer at joggers. man was i a piece of shit. i'm sure karma is going to egt me for that sooner or later.