bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
mtbr has a decent classifieds section.

what mountain stuff do you have?

Mostly mid 90s and older derailleurs, a couple cantilever sets, some seat posts, stems, pedals. all kinds of shit. is there something you need? theres a good chance i have it or something like it. Holler.

Actually, that goes to anybody on here. Who needs what? Im getting rid of a bunch of stuff. Road, track, etc. Lemme know.

Hachi... There are plenty of lightweight cyclocross frames out there it really depends on your budget. Ridley makes a great CX frame, and if it's good enough for the Belgians... it's got to be good enough for you.

I recently bought the Jamis Supernova (that's my low-ass budget) and it's pretty light at 17.5lbs complete with SRAM Force. When I add the deep dish tubulars it'll be even lighter. It's got great reviews as well. Honestly, for me, anything will be better than the Cannondale Optimo Disc I raced last year. It wasn't a bad bike... just super heavy.

A front and rear track wheel, although the front is 27". The rear is a decent 700c flip flop. Ive also got a a low flange cartridge front hub that feels great. I might have some parts for that build, although im not sure what youre going for. Send a PM if you feel like it.

Race Report... Twilight Criterium. A six corner pain cave. This race draws out bike racers you've never seen or heard of before because it's so well attended by spectators. The streets are lined deep all the way around the course. Everyone wants to win it and everyone takes massive risks to try and win it. Which means a lot of crashes.

I'd say the first ten laps were incredibly painful... to my lungs. They were burning by the second lap and the 95° heat wasn't helping. About twenty minutes into the race I heard some carnage behind me and the sound of carbon and metal smashing against the pavement. Obviously, no one turns around to see what happened but instinctively everyone eased up just a little bit. We rode a few laps at that pace and that was just enough for me to catch my breath. Two guys jump hard off the front in the long straight and quickly get a big gap. I'm sitting about fifth wheel and I tell myself, that was the winning move. Going through turn three the guys at the front of the group all sit up so I get to the front and put it down to try and bridge to the two leaders. The short straight has a good headwind and that just about kills me. After a few more turns I let the next rider pull through but when he does he does so by jumping hard. I have no idea how I got on his wheel because I was already dead from that headwind five seconds earlier. We go through turn one and my rear wheel bounces a few times and I end up drifting for about five feet. I hear a lot of "ooooooo" and "Whhoooooaaaaaaa" from the crowd and a few bitchy comments from riders behind me. Hey, at least I didn't go down and take them with me. We eventually catch the break and things settle again. There's at least two more attempts by riders to break away but eventually we all realize it's going to be a mass sprint. Going into turn one on the last lap I felt I had good position and if I could just stay there I could finish top five. We hit the short back straight and I took the turn to sharp and ended up in that headwind for a few seconds but it was enough to send me back about five spots. I tried to recover in the last two turns but the pace was so quick I couldn't overtake anyone. The last turn I tried to take it hot but the guy to my left decided to do the same and we almost went down. I still came out of it sprinting and hoping to finish top ten (money went 10 deep) but I don't think I did better than 15th.

It was by far the hardest race I've done all year.

Question/advice...

I'm looking to build up a single speed cross bike with a road frame I got of craigslist a few years ago. I was on a few sites looking at ss related components, and am somewhat at a loss. Is there cross specific stuff on the market? I'm not really feeling or trying to get any track related stuff. Next, wheelsets - what's a good, durable set for a decent price? Weight isn't to much of an issue, this is strictly a "fun" bike. Also, this is the first bike that I will be building from the ground up on my own without any shop help, any words of wisdom?

Just throwing this out there. I am trying to sell my bike that I just built up. Its a Custom made Easton Scandium Masi Gran Crit. This is not a production frame. I bought the frame off my good buddy who works for Masi. The rest of the parts came off my previous bike.

I have put about one mile on the bike since built. Ended up being too small for me so I’m selling it. I didn’t cut the steer tube on it yet, so you can fit the bike to you properly.

Looking to get 1,000, but PM me an offer. I will pay shipping, anywhere in the USA!!

Top tube center/center: 54cm

Seat tube center/center: 51cm

Seat tube center to top: 54cm

Custom Masi Crit frame. 100% Easton Scandium tubing.

Painted gloss black (has some very minor scratches)

Masi FC/Pro monocoque carbon fork (carbon steer, uncut)

08 SRAM Rival group

Ritchey Pro zero drop in headset.

Ritchey Pro bar.

Ritchey Comp Stem

Masi C-45 Carbon post

Ritchey Comp saddle

Shimano Wheels (wh-r550)

Vittoria Rubino slick tires 700x23c

I have more pics if you want some.

P1020200.jpg

i ride bikes with this kid who just got a nice masi. but he never rides his bike really. i hate motherfuckers with dope shit that just sits there unused. he has time. and fucking nice bike. what the shit. why spend that much on something.

whatever.

i ride my bike like a motherfucker and its a piece of shit.

YEP.

im steal;ing his bike,

I want to go to there.

I second Toywonder's advice.

Rubbish... I get my bike next week and will be contacting you for some CX specific training. I want to check out this Tabor course you got. I also heard from an old team mate about a course he has that goes up to Council Crest that will make me puke. Yeah... rides that make you puke are good.

Road racing season, for me, is all but done. I had planned on giving the Criterium Championships a go but realized on yesterday's late afternoon ride that I just don't have the fight in me. I'm tired. It's definitely time for some rest and days away from the bike. I hope to come back with renewed energy and the will to win some CX races!!