bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Or even

acura_legend.jpg

But i digress. It's a neat idea, and the first time i've seen a rack without any supports.

Oh and choc, Pinehurst and Diablo? I must've taken that hairpin five thousand times. We ride that road at 100 mph through the turns and nobody's ever been hit by a deer, except for one guy, on a bicycle. Incredible shots. I watch that fog roll in every day.

first time youve seen a rack with no supports? youve never seen those cheap racks that bolt onto the seatpost, and knowhere else?

Not talking about rear racks. Im talking about front racks. I like the idea because the rack doesnt chatter. Might be harder on the headset tho.

Depends on things like distance etc...

Considering your budget you can build a dope ss considering that it has considerably less components.

But if you want to make any ridiculous rides, gears are pretty clutch.

i'd like to use it for ridiculous rides, yeah.

Single speeds aren't really my thing...

Oh shit... I like it for it's looks and everyone else hates it for the way it looks. So that means my aesthetics are ugly as shit. Or... it means I'm on some next level Voltron shit. Hmmmm...

Gnarly... it has a white seat, white grips, white cranks and white forks... looks good to me! Buy it!

i'd like to use it for ridiculous rides, yeah.

Single speeds aren't really my thing...

whats "ridiculous"?

any of yall have problems with your hands? like with circulation and tingly fingers and what not? lately my hands have been bothering me a lot when im not riding my bike and all i can think is its due to me riding my bike a lot. my hands are pretty vital you know...

gnarly,

kona makes great frames. and i love steel.

if you're into that bike you need to consider how hard you're going to ride it. if you're really gonna dirt jump or really bomb trails, i'd recommend shopping around more, the part set up on that isn't one thats going to last too long.

if you're just looking for something to ride occasionally, simple trails, putt-putting your ass around town its a functional bike.

the frame and fork can probably take some heavy abuse, but the wheels and cranks and brakes are on the low end.

joker,

i've still got that fork, sorry. i haven't been to portland at all. life's been hectic. coming down for a wedding in early october for a couple days.

• Like 1

^^^^^

we were referring to doing like centuries and high mileage rides, the ridiculous was in the context of attempting those on a single speed.

the convo was getting a SS vs. road

yeah i was just wondering what a ridiculous distance was to some people.

ive been riding 25-40 miles most nights lately. just depends on which way i feel like going when i head out. i ride a ss. its flat here except for some bridges/overpasses so its no big deal. i wanna start riding longer distances. i was shooting for 50 miles the other night but i didnt do it.

maybe next time. ridiculous to me would be more than 50 even though i could do it id be dead fucking tired afterward.

*** and im fat and old.

haha

gnarly,

kona makes great frames. and i love steel.

if you're into that bike you need to consider how hard you're going to ride it. if you're really gonna dirt jump or really bomb trails, i'd recommend shopping around more, the part set up on that isn't one thats going to last too long.

if you're just looking for something to ride occasionally, simple trails, putt-putting your ass around town its a functional bike.

the frame and fork can probably take some heavy abuse, but the wheels and cranks and brakes are on the low end.

joker,

i've still got that fork, sorry. i haven't been to portland at all. life's been hectic. coming down for a wedding in early october for a couple days.

Right on. I'm pretty serious about it. I've been riding all my life ( everything ). I grew up as a bmx/street/park kinda dude and worked my way into mountain bikes and eventually road... then the inevitable fixed gear. I want to be able to ride hard as shit and also hit some dirt, but I'm more into the technical aspect of trail riding than clearing a 15 foot gap.

I'm not too far from some really good trails in the Ozarks so I intend to start traveling a bit more, but it's still a hobby. Anyhow, if you got any suggestions I'll take em. Thinkin' maybe a 29er might be a better fit.