bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Was hoping to show some photos from Sunday's CX race, because the muddy section was horrendous, but no one is posting any. Had a good race. First race in the Masters B field. Had a good start, held second position for a while and then lost it. Finished 3rd. Fucking hard race. I was blasted tired for two days.

Looking forward to Barlow CX race this Sunday...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
actually

that one runs somewhat parallel to snake rd.

and yes, the grade is hard to capture/convey - one day i'm going to take a photo specific ride, slr in hand.

D'oh. Right turn, wrong road. I forget that snake makes that crazy left turn and then its shepherd canyon. Duude I need to get to riding again. These hills are gnar. I still dont know how you make it up to Mt Diablo from downtown. That's gotta be 70 miles and 6k of climb. Such a beautiful ride tho.

gritty_rawtint.jpg

prettiest bike for under 500. hands down.

(yardsale gems dont count)

sadly, wont be in stock till december.

edit: sorry bout the size, also, is NOT fixed. comes in single speed and single speed only. but im sure some hops out there will slap a flipflop on for sell-ability

Definitely will be at Crusade #1. I flatted last year halfway into the first lap and I want revenge. I'm trying to ride well in the races leading up to Crusade #1 because the results from those races will determine the call-up at the start of #1. Last year, I didn't get the call up and life was horrible. By the time I was even able to get moving the front of the field was already half a minute down the course, because our field size was almost 180 racers. Ridiculous. So I want that call up, which means I have to ride well on Sunday if I want one of the three spots available. Ugh...

Definitely will be at Crusade #1. I flatted last year halfway into the first lap and I want revenge. I'm trying to ride well in the races leading up to Crusade #1 because the results from those races will determine the call-up at the start of #1. Last year, I didn't get the call up and life was horrible. By the time I was even able to get moving the front of the field was already half a minute down the course, because our field size was almost 180 racers. Ridiculous. So I want that call up, which means I have to ride well on Sunday if I want one of the three spots available. Ugh...

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Let too much pressure out of my tires thinking it was going to help me in the wetness but ended up consistently almost rolling them off the rim. Bummed but it was a fun race. I love that run up on the hill and the stair climb! What cat are you racing Joker? Bs?

Ugh... today's race was under wet skies. The course was soaked, the dirt sections were muddy... like muddy ice, the grassy sections were becoming muddy with every lap. It was a tough one. I had good starting position but there was a crash twenty feet into the start. I still managed to be in 10th position by the first turn. Before the first choppy, muddy, rutted and rooted downhill section I had moved up into 4th or 5th position. That first downhill section has a section of barriers before you reach the creek and then you immediately have a steep run-up. It was tough being all muddy. I kept my position after that but I took a super sharp turn too fast and started fishtailing. I thought I was going to be able to pull out of it but I went down right on an exposed tree root... right on my hip. Halfway through the first lap and I'm in serious pain. I lose a bunch of positions but I don't let it get to me. I start riding like I'm possessed and telling myself it's not muddy and slick... it's dry and sticky. Yeah, that worked for all of five minutes before I go down again on an uphill slog of thick mud. I get up and get back to it. The next few laps go by without any trouble but the muddy conditions are zapping my energy. I'm not alone though. The guys in front of me are going anywhere so I know they're feeling it, too. I finally move up back into 5th position with two laps to go. I gain another spot on the run-up and finally see daylight between me and the guys behind me. I'm starting to feel saucy so I gun it where I can and move up a little bit more to try and catch the guy in 3rd... who is about ten seconds in front of me. I get pretty close in the off-camber section but just as I exit from the mud to the road... I get a flat. I hit the little rise from mud to pavement too hard and popped my tubular. Immediately I'm pissed because I have a spare set of wheels in my car and not in the pit... because I didn't think I would get a flat in such conditions. I pick up my bike, shoulder it and start running. I try not to think about all the guys passing me and just keep at it. I get all the way to the top of the run-up and a friend yells right in my ear "They're carbon wheels!! Ride that shit!!" so I do. I'm not going as fast but it's easier than running with a bike on my shoulder for two miles. I finally finish, pissed, but I at least finished.

Five laps. Even with the flat I still finished 42nd out of 70+ racers. Bummed to not get that top three placing but glad with how I rode, anyway.

Amos... Masters B. I don't do the regular B's... I'm in my 40's so I'm going to ride with the rest of the old dudes.

damn joker - kudos for the drive, so easy to just say fuck it and bounce when things like that happen.

decided i would race a local gp this weekend - knew the fitness wasn't going to be tip top since i've been 'tapering' but i couldn't pass up a race in my backyard nh.

course was pretty technical with tons of potholes and a hairpin that went from 2 lanes wide down to about half a lane.

race was extra sketchy, had to catch back on twice due to getting caught behind crashes. happy i was able to close the gaps caused by the spills, but the second one basically zapped my legs.

watched one guy to the right of me go end over end after locking up his front wheel into a pothole -- pretty spooky shit to see.

finished at the tail end of the main pack, or what was left of us, and felt good about staying upright and being able to push when needed.

stoked about next season.

___

soup - yeah, i read that blog a lot at work… love the kit:

Jersey_Module.jpg

Looks like it serves the purpose of a top tube. I want a bike with that belt drive.

Choc I found this. Pretty amazing photography. Especially the features.

http://elcyclista.com/

i thought belt drives were cool a few years back, a buddy of mine was working for SPOT cycles and it seemed really cool, and then i realized, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.