bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Saturday's race was a tough one, for me.

1.5 mile course with two major climbs... short climbs, but leg burners, for me. Coming up to the end of the first lap I was out in front with maybe a five second gap. Not much but it was enough to fuel my fire. Coming off the wet grassy section onto the pavement I slid out and jacked up my knee and elbow. Major road rash as well. I quickly get back on the bike and realize I'm in third. I get back in front on the downhill section but as we near the first climb I'm side by side with another ride. As we approach the crest of the second climb he gets the better of me and gets a nice gap. I catch him on the downhill and we stay together for the next lap and a half. On the third lap (I think) I get back out in front and have a good lead. Going down the big downhill grassy section, I'm flying. I take the right hander waaaaayyyyy to hot and do a lovely superman dive for about 20ft and it kinda knocks the wind out of me. Not in the sense that I can't breathe but more in the sense that my body is getting tired of the crashes. I lose ground and try desperately to make it up for the rest of the race but crash two more times, one of which was pretty nasty... though pride was hurt more than anything else. I think I finished top ten... I hope I finished top ten.

So while that sucked... I did catch the Black Knight! Took home one of these :

517nSak3WPL.jpg

GoPro HD Hero 960 video camera with handlebar/stem mount

Should be a fun little toy to mess around with on team rides and races.

Fist... I have to sell the camera because it's not compatible with my computer. Needs to be an Intel based Mac and I'm on an older Mac.

Soup... Most folks in this area ride a CX bike all winter long on the road as they're the best to add full fenders to with all the clearance between wheel and frame. And it's a comfortable ride. You can run regular 700x23 tires... I run Gatorskins on mine.

I think im gonna buy one and use it everywhere on everything. There's a lot of single track and hiking trails that sit along the roads choc's been flicking. It would be nice to be able to throw on some fatter wheels with knobby tires and a taller cassette, and still take my regular road route to get there.

And I already have the 700x23's wheels built (my ac 420's are the only thing worth keeping off my old bike anyway) so I just need to buy a complete cross bike and I'll be good to go.a

Soup... I have the Supernova, great bike and rides like I stole it. Personally, I use the 420's as pit wheels but I've put them to good use during training rides a few times. They held up nicely, although I finally got them to tweak a little bit during a CX race a few weeks ago. Need to true that wheel up quickly.

My only gripe is that although the hub is tight, it feels loose. I've tried adjusting it and it seems like the sweet spot is where it feels loose. I've had a friend at my LBS look at it and he said that he had the same issue... the sweet spot is just loose, though it doesn't feel like it when riding. They're weird in that sense. They feel loose, but aren't. Are you noticing that with your AC wheels you currently have?

Two more races in this CX series and I'm hoping for some good results. Then the Oregon Champs, then USGP, then Nationals. Come December 11th... I will be taking time away from the bike for at least two weeks! It's going to feel good after a decent amount of racing this year.

Loose? Maybe. wdI think it's been a year since ive put on any serious miles on anything but my mtb.

2uehglc.jpg

Gotta figure out what im gonna do with this soon as i get a new bike. The geometry hurts my back. Partly because it's the frame frame, and partly because that stem is 130.

Ok you're right, frame geometry's not at fault. i dont know if you can tell by looking at it, but the current riding position has me stretched forward like superman: elbows locked, shoulders rotated completely forward. Its not a position anybody would suggest riding in. 20 minutes in my lower back hurts so I've been sticking to the mtb. Plus chrome tape chrome cables and chrome bike's a bit silly.

I've put in tens of thousands of miles on that bike before so I dunno what the deal is. I got that stem free when i changed my bars to oversized. Really it should be a lot shorter.