power multi-tools

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by villain

Well seeks you are going to need a tough tool for that kind of stuff. Probably a garage full of them. I don't suppose you have a friend or a friends dad who's garage you could borrow every once in a while. You are after all in Detroit, the mecca of manufacturing. Well at least it was. You could probably find a whole warehouse or two of clearance shit there. Yeah check out some burban yard sale or something. Hmm... I'm always surprised at what I find on ebay.

speaking of that.... Seeking, there is this good place on the SW side to get halfway decent used tools at low prices. Plus the rugged look kind of makes it look like you use it alot and chicks really dig a guy whos pro with his tool.

SEARS here is having a super closeout sale or some shit...

they got some 15.7 volt drills on sale for like $50 bucks, originally priced at a $100 or more i think, some shit like that...

its a CRAFTSMAN...

that a good deal or what? craftsman is a good brand right?

:confused:

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

THE best cordless drill:

http://www.dewalt.com//ProductImages/PC_Graphics/Photos/DEWALT/TOOLS/LARGE/9/DW987K-2_K1.jpg'>

Features:

DEWALT Built Series 4000 high torque motor delivers 450 in-lbs of maximum torque

Exclusive 3-speed all metal transmission features a MAX 3rd Speed at 0-2,000 rpm which is 38% faster than high speed

1/2" ratcheting chuck lock prevents bits from slipping

Extended run-time batteries provide more work per charge and maximum number of recharges with NO MEMORY

Superior ergonomics and balance provide increased comfort and control

YES.

this drill is fucking awesome.. my manager challenged me to try out some drill rodeo with this thing... for every 5 seconds he said he'd give me $10.. i lasted 1 second. almost had a sprained wrist none the less..

Originally posted by seeking

and no telo, there is no faggy glass carving involved. there is welding and fabricating. real manly type shit.

word.

anywho ill probably catch some shit for this but...

fuck dewalt tools

milwaukee is honestly the best of the best

but since youre looking to go cheap and new

i would suggest...

harbor freight

cheap like no other.

and as far as buying grinders,

be sure you either buy one with a lifetime warranty

or be sure you can buy a lifetime warranty for it

i go through a grinder motor about once a month

that 10 dollar warranty has saved me hundreds

seeks, one good thing about harbor is they dont sell complete crap

chicago makes pretty decent tools with a good warranty

and harbor stocks a good amount of their products

just whatever you buy, be sure to get a lifetime warranty

it honestly is a major money saver

i use a 110 volt 4 1/2 inch chicago heavy duty angle grinder

honestly there are better out there but i only paid something like 15 bucks for it at harbor freight

and i bought the 10 dollar lifetime warranty on it

honestly i use it all day and abuse the shit out of it

and ive gone through a few of them

but with the warranty they will give you a new one no questions asked

and i doubt youll be using yours quite as extensively

so my advice is to get the same, with the warranty

agreed on the dewalt, great tools, i have many, as does my father. But, a rotozip is actually a great too as is a dremel, but those dont make you look cool, yet are still very good tools.You are gonna need a hammer drill, why, just becasue, will you ever use it? probably not. Also, a sliding compound miter saw comes in handy, as well as a planer and joiner, router table, and of course a table saw. What you are going to need most is a tig welcder of some kind.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

None of you know shit about quality tools. Sorry to burst your bubble about harbor when, but they really do suck.

Rotozips are for housewifes and bitch ass wannabee builders.

ill ask you politely to go finger yourself.

as i said FOR THE MONEY harbor sells nice pieces

especially when you can buy a lifetime warranty for dirt cheap

my tool collection consists of snap-on craftsman and milwaukee

the rest filled in by tools from harbor freight

i am very abusive of my tools and they get used daily

and i have very little to no complaints about them

if by rotozip you mean dremel tools

they come in handy quite often as far as im concerned

after i weld custom bridges into frames you cant always get into the small places with a grinder and when a customer expects a show piece you need to make it perfect.

guess what gets the job done...a dremel

Thanks for the finger when

Harbour freight sucks. They make halfass tools over in china and the warranty is bullshit if you have to use it all the time. If you put any of their tools next to a quality tool, you will see the differance. Save your money for a quality tool.

welcome.

also as i said before atleast in my experience

ive gotten quite a few new grinders on my one warranty from harbor freight

obviously their tools arent the best

but a lifetime warranty is THE SHIT

and seeing as how they are located near my work

when a tool breaks i take the 5 minute drive to exercise my warranty and get a new tool

honestly i wont buy any tool unless it has a good warranty

and snap-on, craftsman, milwaukee, and harbor

have always stood up to their word

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This thing is the fucking worst. These bastards tried to sell this thing to the makers of all the bigger saws, delta, powermatic and so on. And they couldn't, so they are trying to make it a law that the people who told them no have to put it on the saws at a huge increase in price.

I'm saying the technology is pretty sweet, I don't know about the brand or their shady business deals. If that shit works as claimed, it rocks.

Thanks for the finger when

Harbour freight sucks. They make halfass tools over in china and the warranty is bullshit if you have to use it all the time. If you put any of their tools next to a quality tool, you will see the differance. Save your money for a quality tool.

Snap-on and milwaukee is good, but craftsman is only good for their hand tools and that is because they have that lifetime warranty. I have had many of their tools break from them and they replaced them all, but all their power tools suck too, none of them are built to last. I made the mistake of buying one of their table saws a few years ago and it is the biggest piece of crap I have bought. When the motor finally dies, I plan on getting a Unisaw.

The rotorzip also sucks. The only thing it is good for is cutting things in drywall. The dremel is alright if you use it. I have one, I got as a gift and I have never had a need for it, but I guess some people might.

You say this sucks and that sucks but you have no reasoning behind your claims.. As a matter of fact, You suck now that i think about it..

And when knows whats cracklin. IF it aint milwaukee, it aint shit. Ive got a guy who works in there customer service department who gives me all types of huge discounts directly from there factory. My dad still has the receipt on his drill he bought in 72.. works like a charm.

Steve, I have 5 routers that I use in my garage.

goddamn man. I gotta ask...why do you need 5?

My main use is going to be for frames. I also want to do my own cabinets and possibly some other furniture that I have designed.

I've already learned the bits tip from my experiences with my drill.

shoot me an email regarding that deal.

• 17 years later...

I can say this, all of these big name tool companies are starting to slack in quality of build. Porter cable used to be the go to for nailers. Recently I’ve had their 16 gauge trim gun break on me 3 times. The last one only lived for about 6 months. 

I replaced it with a metabo which was bought by Hitachi I think. So I’m running an old school Hitachi framing nailer (Beast), Metabo 16ga trim, and Porter Cable 18ga and 23ga trim guns which are both older and seem to be holding up just fine.