INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^^Just to add on to what gnerek said, take any oil-based paint (most people prefer rustoleum), and make a mix that is roughly 2/3 paint and 1/3 thinner. You should play around with the ratio depending on how thick or thin you want your mix to be.

I know you asked for ink in a marker, but there are a couple things wrong with that request. First of all, you should typically stick with markers indoors only, because you can only put ink through markers. Secondly (and consequently), there are no inks that flow perfectly through markers that won't fade in the sun. Ink fades and stains, paint does not fade, but does not stain.

Therefore, think like this: 1. markers + ink + staining ability 2. mops + paint + colors/drips/permanence

• Like 1

true true and thanks for the help but ive made my share or paint mops and colors (i have pics if u guys wanna see) but i got tired of mops

mops are a night time action thing and ur tags are usually buffed quick

my idea is to make ink (black) that i can place in a marker so i can catch hidden tags around not in ur face over the top shit...u kno?

true true and thanks for the help but ive made my share or paint mops and colors (i have pics if u guys wanna see) but i got tired of mops

mops are a night time action thing and ur tags are usually buffed quick

my idea is to make ink (black) that i can place in a marker so i can catch hidden tags around not in ur face over the top shit...u kno?

I'll be honest, it sounds like you need a silver prismacolor to catch some smaller tags. Or, you could use a whiteout pen filled with paint the color of your choice (and a little bit of thinner.)

Examples of silver marker tag: http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn51/Narcolol/P1010802-1.jpg

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab84/TheCuntEastwood/10335_1190563037756_1038760010_3068.jpg

Example of whiteout tag: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3431/3763037905_bb05bdece9.jpg

Or, you could just use a regular black Pilot marker...

• Like 1

yup yup thanks for the advice on markers and shit but i think all im actually looking for is to be able to make a good dark ink to put in a marker to make good perminent slaps

here are some of my markers

IMG00150.jpg

im not much of a tagger and i hate buying markers so ive only gotten one (otr) but the reast are good for my style of ups

these are my paints and (the dark coke bottle is ink)

IMG00151.jpg

they arent too bad i enjoy the shit out of them

bitumen ink do tell

Bitumen ink is made from tar/asphalt

it doesnt stain by its self so yu have to add dyes and such but its hard as fuck to get off and it bleeds through oil based paint super hardcore

try this out

pure assphalt (avalable at lows or what ever )

thin with a 1/2 mix of xylene and polyurethane(dilute the xylene w/ alcohol 1/4

then you can add a stainer of some sort in an alcoholic base

my secret recipe will not be revealed Haha

im realy bored so heres a few resipes

super smexy indoors ink

add 1 ounce of gentian violet, malachite green, and iodine (dont use meth blue)

let it sit out until all water is evaporated and the crystals are at the bottom

add about 1 1/2 ounces of denatured alcohol

add some shellac to increace adhesion

then add benzo and dot 3

red plasti-ink(can be made blue also)

get a few of the red plastic cups you drink beer out of at parties(must be this sort of plastic)

cut them up into a bunch of small peices then add in acetone or mek and let sit for a day or two

there will be this white gunk at the bottom take it out and toss it (that is the inner layer of the cup which is not fully soluable in the acetone)

repeat if not opaque enough

add any stainer and benzo

nice indoor red ink

get a big bottle of malachite green

evaporate untill crystaline

dissolve in alcohol

boil down lemon juice and add enough till its the desired red color

add benzo and dot 3

(do the same with gentian violet for a green ink

black pigmented ink

get india ink and boil or evaporate into a sludge

add alcohol and some shellac(again to increase adhesion)

then add a couple drops of gentian violet

then benzo and dot3

never boil inks since the dyes and pigments are usualy organic and will burn and turn into carbon. but heating at a low temp is ok

india ink is ok because its already carbon pigment

nope.

Break fluid is mostly propelene glycol

wich retards drying time to let the ink seep into

the surface

I've compared inks w/ and w/out it

the one with it had a harder stain

why do you think shoe dye takes so long to dry

so itt will sink in

Does shoe dye have brake fluid in it? My thought is no.

Putting brake fluid in an ink in order to slow drying time is sort of like putting coke in a cup of coffee to make it sweeter. Yeah, it will work- the glycol's in the brake fluid will slow drying time and the sugar in the coke will make your coffee sweeter, but there are a lot of unnecessary things in brake fluid that will dilute your ink mix making it weaker.

• Like 1

Agreed with the last 2 posts. Also rush india ink is wtaer based the shit can be washed off with water and soap or if you mix alchohol then that or nail polish remover as for the plastic cups idk bout that but I'm gunna look into it. What is it in the cups that makes this "ink"

Actually his India ink mix is a pretty logical mix. You evaporate the water from the ink, and you're left with the "sludge," or simply the pigments that make the ink black. Then, just like pen ink, alcohol is used as a base that can't be washed away with water and soap.

Of course it's going to be able to be buffed with the same base... Just like any other ink.

Though, I still have a few questions concerning that ink mix... Rush2, could you post some pictures of these mixes being used?

Does shoe dye have brake fluid in it? My thought is no.

Putting brake fluid in an ink in order to slow drying time is sort of like putting coke in a cup of coffee to make it sweeter. Yeah, it will work- the glycol's in the brake fluid will slow drying time and the sugar in the coke will make your coffee sweeter, but there are a lot of unnecessary things in brake fluid that will dilute your ink mix making it weaker.

shoe dye has glycols

and it sepends on how much you add

Actually his India ink mix is a pretty logical mix. You evaporate the water from the ink, and you're left with the "sludge," or simply the pigments that make the ink black. Then, just like pen ink, alcohol is used as a base that can't be washed away with water and soap.

Of course it's going to be able to be buffed with the same base... Just like any other ink.

Though, I still have a few questions concerning that ink mix... Rush2, could you post some pictures of these mixes being used?

yeah il post pictures tomorow mabey

and yeah it will be buffed but thats why you add methylene blue

Agreed with the last 2 posts. Also rush india ink is wtaer based the shit can be washed off with water and soap or if you mix alchohol then that or nail polish remover as for the plastic cups idk bout that but I'm gunna look into it. What is it in the cups that makes this "ink"

well its not really an ink

its disolved pigmented plastic

you can use other shit but it has to be a soluable plastic