INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man i really wanna just reclaim OG status in the ink field, but fuck it. im tired of saying the same old shit.

all of you can fuck off and die. im going to CSR.

except bigmetalcircus and a few others, you guys are cool.

yeahnation knows what im talking about.

I just grabbed myself a brand new pilot, i have a little bit of oink, some marsh t and violet garvey, but not much for a supply, maybe enough for 2 refills of a mop, i was wondering, can i put the oink garvey and marsh in the brand new pilot with the felt? which holds the pilot ink, or would i need to take the felt? out for it to work? I dont wanna drop my last bit of ink into it, not to work.

Recently I mixed a silver Ink called Silver Poison with some Acetone and some crazy chemical reaction happened. The silver ink was biteumen based. They didnt mix at all. It would of been good if I made an acid that ate the wall.

You're lucky its didnt blow up in your face...you should

know what you're mixing before you do it so something

like that doesn't happen.

actually.. a few drops doesnt hurt.. in terms of making things more corrosive, IE the point of what these kids want to put in their markers... but anyways... just use like fish oil tablets or some stanky shit like that... its better for the environymettt

corrosive? really, so mixing brake fluid with your ink

makes it corrosive? The only way brake fluid could be

corrosive is if it has water in it and it would only fuck

up metal over a long period of time...Even if it was, I

highly doubt their tag would be there long enough to

do any damage...why would you want "kids" to have

something in there hand that can eat away at metal in

the first place?

No, inside a pilot it has some sort of filling, which im not sure what it is, so i called it felt.

Im wondering will the ink still work if it get absorbed into it.

Hate not being able to explain things the way i mean.

ohhhh i think i know what you mean...

your talking about that thing that looks like a cigarrette but wrapped in clear thick plastic that has all the ink in it?

No, if you've actually ever opened a Pilot to refill it, you'll find that it is stuffed with this black felt that is soaked with ink. The actual nib of the marker touches that body of felt, which creates the flow of ink to the marker nib. I think if you left the felt in and add your ink (look up "refilling pilot" in this thread to make sure you do it right... yes, there is a technique), it should work fine.

Oh, and that was in response to Frazzeta. And by the way, I don't really use Marsh all that much... But I'm pretty sure the T Grade stuff you have is the pigmented, white or black stuff? If it has any pigments in it and it is not alcohol based, do not put it in any marker.

The pigments will get held up in the nib, and many bad things will happen.

Put the pigmented stuff in mops. But your Oink and Garvey Violet mix should work great as a refill ink for the Pilot!

Yeahnations onto it ;)

About the pigments getting stuck in the nib and that, thats what i was trying to say, but i couldnt get it out.

My Tgrade is just the black. Without the t grade, there wont be much point putting the others in the pilot, as the t grade makes up most of the mix so i'll just chuck them in a mop.

Cheers for that :D