The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This ones for doodle!

i went in the studio with all the expensive ass equipment i have access to laser trigger and everything and even those werent fast enough to completely freeze the water. Not tryin to discourage you just trying to say that sometimes the move interesting images are the ones you can control. Keep refining your skills and learning new skills! I cant wait to see what you come up with next. BTW Marco over here motivated me to post. great images guys keep up the good work

Shot with

profoto acute 2400

2 heads

2-1x3 soft boxes

phase one 645DF

Phase one p25+

9062236886_d72d398d50_b.jpg

Detail taken from the image above its the top right of the cup. you can still see some motion blur where the water isn't completely frozen

9062237080_1cd96f0c9c_b.jpg

Wow! That close up!!

Thanks man, I know what you mean, I'm just really fascinated with the splash stuff. I'll keep working on it. I know this might be a stupid question but how do you get that everything is black around the glass? Just a black backdrop or is that done in photoshop?

Those Chicago shots are nice, I also really like night time photography I'm going to be doing some night time work this next weekend coming up.

Also, I was approached by an old friend i went to high school with, he's an amazing guitar player (classical guitar), just graduated and what not and is setting up a website and asked me to take photos of him playing guitar etc. Should be int eh next couple of weeks, I'm excited!

Well enough words, I don't have any new photos since i've been super busy with school but here's an older one I like to get into the summer mood.

7039736647_750ac9ac5e_b.jpg

Put a black backdrop 5ft behind the subject. It can be anything even a bed sheet tshirt and place your flash or flashes 90 degrees camera left or right or both. That way the light isn't spilling on your background and use a longer lens if you have one. With a lens hood to avoid lens flare. that will give you a black background all you have to do is up the contrast a tiny bit in post to get a clean black background.

If you have any more questions feel free to message me. No question is stupid trust me I deal with students everyday.

trying to learn more about studio lighting over the summer, i really want to learn more about using strobes and continuous lighting in outdoor and portrait settings.

by trade i do architectural photography mostly shot using HDR and ambient light. for fun i do portraits and documentary type stuff using 35mm and instant films, picked up some new polaroid gear recently and want to take it a bit more seriously with added lights. specifically, i picked up a polaroid 600SE (or the goose) with interchangeable lenses and it takes fuji fp pack film. pretty excited about starting to shoot with it.

would love any tips or suggestions for research from anyone. take it easy ya'll, enjoy some recent shots:

tumblr_moxhbyh5l71qcmyljo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnpclnZ5xR1qcmyljo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn0nlcmxnt1qcmyljo1_500.jpg

tumblr_moklksffHw1qcmyljo1_500.jpg

tumblr_moxhgrrond1qcmyljo1_500.jpg

• Like 1