The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

random shots last couple of weeks.

barclays.jpg

barriers.jpg

centre.jpg

doze.jpg

konicaminolta.jpg

demolished konica minolta factory

transport2.jpg

billboardsss.jpg

jeepbra.jpg

shake2.jpg

esb.jpg

coffee-1.jpg

"You taking pictures of people?"

Sure.

"i'll let you take my picture for a cup of coffee"

Alright man.

"i'll let you take my picture for a cup of coffee and a bagel"

It's a bagel now, too?

"prices going up"

vets.jpg

devilshit.jpg

kitty.jpg

iphonepanos

pa7th.jpg

pascliff.jpg

• Like 1

Public that first shot looks dope!

daily that spider looks creepy as fcuk, been lurking your blog, nice stuff, the one from inside the car really caught my eye.

Put up the christmas lights before it gets too cold. I always liked night time photography because you can get awesome bokeh (right term?) effect.

DSC_0304.jpg

I have the 1dMK II N, I like the old 1D's and I've shot some nice studio stuff with it. But low light is fucking terrible. The added megapixels of the S version would be nice but the sensors are garbage. They don't even compare to the new rebels.

Get a 5d MK II. It's a world better. Or try to get a 1d MK IV. Anything else just isn't worth it.

1d MK IIN

8201592724_b2fa9c231e_z.jpg

As for prices, KEH is probably your best bet for used gear. That's the only place you can really get a return policy.

Adorama has a nice used selection as well. I will say however that their QA for used gear is a bit shotty. Got a Pentax-A 50mm 1.7 that was having trouble locking into the A position. They rated it as damn near perfect and it was definitely flawed. Customer service said they'd offer a full refund and 20% off the 1.4 that they had in stock but I was able to fuck with it a bit and get it to lock in. I guess, the lesson is that Adorama will offer a refund and a discount if you get some fucked up used gear.

More xmas stuff

8248864440_0c54526143_c.jpg

I got another gig! There is some Italian film screening going on and a banquet event after and they asked me to come and take some photos. It isn't paid for (i get to watch the screening for free and free food and drinks) but I think it's a good way to get my name out there and build up some work experience.

Any thoughts? Did you guys work for free at the beginning?

• Like 1

I got another gig! There is some Italian film screening going on and a banquet event after and they asked me to come and take some photos. It isn't paid for (i get to watch the screening for free and free food and drinks) but I think it's a good way to get my name out there and build up some work experience.

Any thoughts? Did you guys work for free at the beginning?

I don't work for free but sometimes I volunteer to help someone who I think is talented and doing and interesting project. People don't always have the means to pay you but lending a helping hand can go a long way.

8230586499_ae0eee0bff_z.jpg

ice by inhale kilz, on Flickr

8230590547_4918a7bff1_z.jpg

ice by inhale kilz, on Flickr

Shot with the pre-production leica monochrom when I had it in the summer. 10,000 iso.

8250186355_6c5f624381_z.jpg

10000iso by inhale kilz, on Flickr

I sold my M6 today, feels weird. I kept my lenses though.

• Like 1